Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing, the attention on this case is partially due to the injustice being done to Suzanne. Left alone on MD, disappears then, nothing, crickets and more crickets. Is she to pass from this earth by apparent violence without much notice. The public is picking up the slack.
bbm
Ita.

Speculation : It's sad when the public appears to care more than the one person who knew her best.
This also looked to be the case in the Barbara Thomas' case.
A nephew and her siblings did what they could to locate her or find out what happened.

BTW, I'm truly curious if anyone here can list one "criminal mastermind." Even better if you can list 4-5, so the rest of us know who is in this category.

I can't think of any and I study this stuff.

But if you can and they're not fictional characters (i.e., Tony Soprano or some others), did any of them up and murder their wives? I know we have a great collective database here and maybe my memory is failing me.
Ted Kaczynski evaded capture for 17 years. The FBI’s longest and most expensive manhunt.

Last edited:
Would you please use laymen terms.

Sorry! The words in your definition of "reprisal" seem to show a physical attack. However, you replied "neither" when I asked if you thought that a (1) conspiracy involving people in IN and CO physically harming the Moorman family or (2) moves to financially harm the family was more likely. The only thing left that I could fathom was that Barry himself would retaliate by going to IN to hurt the Moormans. However, I did not want to assume that's what you meant.

Exposure to Roundup?
@LietKynes Are you suggesting that SM'S cancer was caused by years-long exposure to Roundup or similar chemicals--- for 25 yrs., like plaintiffs in your links to lawsuit articles?
Or that she may have been secretly given Roundup recently? Or something else? thx in adv.

And will you not be happy if he's found innocent? Will there be apologies?

It's interesting that you bring up apologies, however, I'm curious and would appreciate you answering these questions:

Who needs apologies?

Why are apologies needed?

Why plural "apologies"(indicating more than one) vs. singular "apology"(indicating only one)?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand!

BTW, I'm truly curious if anyone here can list one "criminal mastermind." Even better if you can list 4-5, so the rest of us know who is in this category.

But if you can and they're not fictional characters (i.e., Tony Soprano or some others), did any of them up and murder their wives? I know we have a great collective database here and maybe my memory is failing me.
I think you lose your mastermind credentials the moment you get caught. If there actually are any Moriarty-like masterminds out there, they are wisely remaining anonymous. MOO. ;-)

IMO, criminal masterminds are difficult to name, because they don’t get caught. There are thousands of unsolved crimes. It could be inferred that ‘criminal masterminds’ are responsible for at least some of those crimes.

Let’s hope we’re not dealing with an unsolved missing persons case in 6 months from now.

Exposure to Roundup?

@LietKynes Are you suggesting that SM'S cancer was caused by years-long exposure to Roundup or similar chemicals--- for 25 yrs., like plaintiffs in your links to lawsuit articles?
Or that she may have been secretly given Roundup recently? Or something else? thx in adv.
Thanks for asking.
I have no idea.
It seems far-fetched.
But what if ?

I think the hospital care would have discovered it earlier if this was the case.

There was a Dateline case of a woman who had an affair early in her marriage and her husband secretly poisoned her for years.
She kept a diary and when she was visiting a relative who lived a distance away she'd recover... then back at home she'd fall ill again.
But again I'd think the hospital would've determined this quickly.

Has anyone found a link saying what type of cancer Suzanne had ?
If it was Leukemia, lung or pancreatic cancer, then no, nothing nefarious.
Imo.

Or maybe Suzanne's side of the family complained. They seemed to consider carefully before selecting PE to do the story, and they specifically said the family gave them "permission" to share details with the public.

Knowing how the DM makes so many errors, maybe they revealed something the family didn't want known? I didn't see the article but I imagine if they added some speculation the family might have an issue with that.

Or maybe they are just having technical difficulties. Would the family really have the power to prevent them from posting an article?

This must be very uncomfortable for them after everything that's just come out.
MOO, a lot of guilt was heaped on the family for not speaking. Clearly they would rather not. LS, PE and websleuthers were borderline emotional about the fact that no one was speaking for her. “Where is her family?”. “We strangers are taking up the mantle for SM”. “Where are her people?”.

I'm still several pages back, but need to ask --

if a wife referred to her hubby as her "wild at heart" sweetie, what would that phrase imply to those of you who are familiar with it?

I'm building an opinion here but want to hear how others interpret that phrase.
When I hear the phrase “wild at heart” I immediately think of the David Lynch film by the same name that examines the twisted, dysfunctional relationship between Sailor (Nicholas Cage) and Lula (Laura Dern). But I sure do hope that’s not the context SM would be suggesting when using such words. :confused:

I'm still several pages back, but need to ask --

if a wife referred to her hubby as her "wild at heart" sweetie, what would that phrase imply to those of you who are familiar with it?

I'm building an opinion here but want to hear how others interpret that phrase.

If you are referring to SM's twitter and her use of the phrase "Wild at Heart" in that context, I believe there was also some scripture there.

If this is in-fact your reference, I think SM is referring to discovering the secret of a man's soul as told by the best selling book by John Eldredge by the same title "Wild at Heart" known in contemporary evangelical Christian cultures.

Otherwise, the interpretation or definition could be endless.

Wild at Heart (book) - Wikipedia

Exposure to Roundup?

I don't think I ever would have thought of weed killer as a way to kill someone. Anti freeze I've heard of, but not weed killer.

Last edited:
Perhaps I shouldn’t chime in as I’m not truly familiar with the phrase, but my initial thoughts go to BM not being entirely satisfied with his life in Indiana. He seems like the type that needs to prove he’s a “real” man by killing things, except it proves the opposite. He merely needs to feed his ego. Surely his fragile ego is what brought us here, sadly.

Just my thoughts.
There is a Christian book called Wild at Heart. You can read a synopsis on Amazon. It could be something that she read or that they studied in a Sunday school class or read as part of Couples therapy. MOO

Here’s my thinking on the LE canvasses of the area today:

PE guys mentioned the idea of “someone else.”

Right on top of that, we read about LE out in Salida, talking to people and handing out flyers.

This is a great cover for the potential “someone else” to talk to LE without BM knowing for sure if “someone else” did come forward.

Good way to keep the pressure on the main suspect.

Has anyone found a link saying what type of cancer Suzanne had ?
If it was Leukemia, lung or pancreatic cancer, then no, nothing nefarious.
Imo.
^^sbm
SM had two occurrences non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Suzanne’s family said she beat Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma as a young girl in her late teens. At the time, the family says doctors told Suzanne the harsh treatments meant children weren’t likely in her future.

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500