Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if a fellow WS'er has posted this. We are driving to Colorado to help in the search. This arrived today, our first communication regarding the search.

"Dear Friend,

Thank you for volunteering to help with the search for my sister Suzanne. I’m sorry information is slow in coming but we are so busy trying to get everything organized. I’ll be on Profiling Evil tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) to update Mike, Chris and you. Then, I will get information emailed out to you by September 17th. Much of the organization will occur onsite on the 24th but know that we are putting together search teams. The decision by the sheriff’s office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigations is welcomed. We need their direction.

My thanks to Chris McDonough and Mike King of Profiling Evil for allowing me to use their website to allow you to sign up. We’ll post information there as well as reaching out through email. Visit www.ProfilingEvil.com

Thanks for your goodness and your sacrifice of time in helping us bring Suzanne home.

Andy Moorman

Sent through Profiling Evil

www.ProfilingEvil.com

https://www.youtube.com/ProfilingEvil

Just bumping this post made earlier incase anyone missed it.
Posts move so quickly!

From the previous thread @enelram said: ..except WHY was rear stone walkway cordoned off with crime tape at the home?
I'm thinking there were either drag marks or dogs hit on that spot.

I'm thinking there were either drag marks or dogs hit on that spot.

Does anyone recall how far away the large outdoor hot tub was from the rear stone walkway? Wondering if she could’ve been drown in the hot tub and then drug across the stone walkway?

ETA: And then the hot tub was treated with chlorine afterward?

JMO

If not drowned in the hot tub,perhaps he placed her in there until he took her away to hide her.
Perhaps he put a large amount of chlorine in the tub when she was placed in it and then used more to clean it after she was removed.I

Does anyone know how long it takes to drain a hot tub, then refill it?

If not drowned in the hot tub,perhaps he placed her in there until he took her away to hide her.
Perhaps he put a large amount of chlorine in the tub when she was placed in it and then used more to clean it after she was removed.I

Depends on size and capacity of tub, but this article say in general it will take an hour to drain a hot tub using the drainage spigot or about 10 min. if using a submersible pump.

Time to re-fill would depend on well rate, or how many gallons per minute it pumps.

How to Drain a Hot Tub, Refill it, and Get it Ready for Use | Hot Spring Spas

From the previous thread @10ofRods:

Since diatoms are known to gather in the bone marrow of the long bones (femur) as water is inhaled, how long is that bone marrow present after death?
Will bone marrow still be present 4.5 months after death in SM's femur? Is the presence of bone marrow in her femur affected by her location ( in soil vs in water?)
Finding her body in late September will be such a blessing for all who love her. I pray that Suzanne will be found.
MOO

The hot tub could also be covered to conceal something inside until more permanent arrangements could be made. It could have been empty to begin with too for all we know, then cleaned and refilled. MOO
yes, most people have a cover for their tub to keep it clean when not being used.

I've also wondered if satellite images might reveal any body moving pics or activity in the yard on the days in question. Or maybe his truck being parked up near the home. ???
And any large rock re-placement or being hauled in back of his truck. ???

It'd be easy for him to haul the body in his truck bed, bury her in the National forest behind their home, and place a couple extra
large boulders on top of gravesite. People or wild animals aren't going to move large boulders to search.
My guess is he put her right on top of all the stuff already in his truck bed. Didn't take the time to clear out the tools and stuff and then
after burial, took the truck to Broomfield, emptied the bed and doused it and the tools and stuff w/ chlorine.

Yes, I still have thoughts that the slab could hold some secrets=
I wonder if BM doesn't typically take the simplest or easiest method of solving problems.
To wit:
If someone googles "Best ways to Hide a Body",
one of the most common methods listed is
'Put body in the slab of a new construction home'. Once the walls go up that body is sealed forever unless they tear the house down
and destroy the whole thing.'

Also discussed is cleaning everything w/ chlorox/bleach, including where the body laid,
perps shoes, steps on floor etc.

I just don't think BM is so brilliant that he came up with any new techniques to get away w/ the perfect crime. LE sees this too.

Hope the home computers or his phone shows
his searches and nails him.
He's just NOT that complicated, IMO.
Barry was upset with Morgan for giving up her phone. Could he have done some interesting searches using her phone instead of his? One's that we normally see on a home computer?

yes, most people have a cover for their tub to keep it clean when not being used.

I've also wondered if satellite images might reveal any body moving pics or activity in the yard on the days in question. Or maybe his truck being parked up near the home. ???

It'd be easy for him to haul the body in his truck bed, bury her in the National forest behind their home, and place a couple extra
large boulders on top of gravesite. People or wild animals aren't going to move large boulders to search.
My guess is he put her right on top of all the stuff already in his truck bed. Didn't take the time to clear out the tools and stuff and then
after burial, took the truck to Broomfield, emptied the bed and doused it and the tools and stuff w/ chlorine.
Wow!!!!!

I hadn't thought of this. I thought the skid steer was just used for digging a whole and placing SM there. After your post I was curious and googled it.

Wow!!!

"Boulders are very heavy. For example a 12" rock weighs about 100 lbs a 18" rock weighs about 300 lbs and a 24" rock weighs about 700 lbs. An 18" rock may be able to be moved with a pry bar and hand cart. It would be extremely difficult to move a 24" rock with those types of hand tools. We do recommend using a skid-steer (Bobcat) loader when handling the 12" to 24" or 24" to 36" boulders. If you do not have experience moving big rocks and do not have a skid-steer loader, using the 8" to 12" rock is recommended because of the weight."

24" to 36" can weigh 700 to 1400 1bs each.

Natural Boulders
(BBM)

Also wasn't there something from the @ProfilingEvil guys about searching for a skid steer replacement part at a pawn shop or a place that fixes them???

Last edited:
From the previous thread @10ofRods:

Since diatoms are known to gather in the bone marrow of the long bones (femur) as water is inhaled, how long is that bone marrow present after death?
Will bone marrow still be present 4.5 months after death in SM's femur? Is the presence of bone marrow in her femur affected by her location ( in soil vs in water?)
Finding her body in late September will be such a blessing for all who love her. I pray that Suzanne will be found.
MOO

Not following you. When you inhale something at the time of death, MOO there is no way that diatoms from what you breath get into your bone marrow. MOO Impossible.

Questioning as to where you heard "diatoms are known to gather in the bone marrow of the long bones as water is inhaled" as those don't pass through aveoli into blood, and blood doesn't go backwards even if it did into the bone marrow. That is not biologically credible at all MOO

Barry was upset with Morgan for giving up her phone. Could he have done some interesting searches using her phone instead of his? One's that we normally see on a home computer?

Barry doesn’t like to look bad. People complain about spouses, lie about their whereabouts, maybe some flirting or questionable things may have come up. And then there is the confirmation/lack of confirmation about the job, lies that could be uncovered, comparison to see what Barry deleted from his own phone. We think Suzanne’s phone is missing, so Barry may think he has that covered. I hope LE has asked for the phones of all of the people that Barry spoke with from the 8th on. And I hope they give them up, as they have nothing to hide and they can be cleared as potential POIS.

I never read that LE investigated the septic system at the house, did they? Or are we just assuming that they did?

I didn't realize until I listened last night to the PE guys on another channel that LE had the house locked down for 11 days.

I was saying to myself, "I've never heard of that long that LE locked down a site - how did I miss that crime scene folks were on the property for 11 days". I guess I wasn't on this thread during that time.

I can't imaging what they potentially "tore out" or ??? and the reason that Barry and his daughter (per MSM, not rumor) are living elsewhere. To take a child back after crime scene was there that long must have been a horrendous site with all the black powder for fingerprints and who knows what else. I wonder who cleaned up the scene afterwards of all of that, and if they removed walls and/or piping etc also within the home.

All MOO

Th
I never read that LE investigated the septic system at the house, did they? Or are we just assuming that they did?
is was discussed by this plumber back way back as well as the propane vessel. I am not sure if the camera crews had the home on stake out the entire time but the septic tank pumping truck would have been noticeable or at least a L.E. truck with a see snake pipe inspection camera device. I agree with not only visually searching the tank, but vacuuming it with a sucker truck and sifting for bits of the phone or other items- add the plumbing traps and piping and storm piping as well. Good /great question.

IMO I don't think he took the Bobcat to Broomfield site. Nothing has been reported on seeing it hooked up behind the pickup at the LE "bike discovery". Nothing has been reported about him dropping the trailer at the Puma Path house before going to the discovery site. MOO
BBM I agree. I don’t think he took the bobcat or any other tools needed to work on that wall. I think the DM article could be right in that he checked in on Saturday. It would mean a lot of driving back and forth but we did hear that his truck GPS data wasn’t matching up. MOO

I agree with you that BM is not an originally thinker and would use what and where he knew to hide Suzanne.

I do ,though, think that LE would not have let the construction go ahead if they were not completely sure Suzanne was not there.
They were so intent searching that job site from all those holes dug I wonder if they even thought about the beach area. I mean could she actually be under the edge of the river. Did the river rise in the time period? Covering the work area? Just my thoughts.

I was thinking something very similar. What if he took all the tools out of the large tool box and placed her in there where she couldn’t be seen.

When he removed her there could have been body fluid that dripped on his tools in the truck bed. Then he would realize that he would have to wash them all and he did that at the motel.

I wonder if the truck was taken to a car wash and the tool box and truck bed thoroughly washed. I would think most large tool boxes would be mounted to the truck bed. We had one stolen when we hadn’t taken the time to bolt it down.

Great possibility about setting heavy rocks upon a grave he dug. Saddened to think he would go to such extremes to hide someone he hopefully loved at one time.

If he took rocks into somewhere, he could probably brush his tracks out as he left with the Bobcat. He had the equipment there and probably used it. JMO

I have a hot tub. It depends on how big of a pump you use to drain it - and then how empty you want to get it (there will still be some standing water in the bottom of the tub using a pump). But I'd estimate 45-60 minutes to drain it and another 45-60 minutes to fill it......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500