Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Insider posting in this thread:

NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew),

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Volunteer search efforts underway for Suzanne Morphew - KRDO

SABBM:
Volunteers gathered at the Poncha Springs Visitor Center Thursday morning to begin the search, organized in part by Suzanne's Brother, Andy Moorman. The search efforts are scheduled to last at least six days.

KRDO has a crew in Chaffee County following the search and will provide updates as they're made available.

Searches are underway!

And more good news….sounds like we'll get on-scene reporting and updates.

Thanks, KRDO!!

IMO, that beach site job, I just don’t see SM being buried there. To me it just doesn’t make sense. The property owners will probably utilize that area, the site is no longer available to you (although not at all bad guys go back anyway), and flood waters or Spring snowmelt might unearth what you want hidden, etc.

Someone mentioned the no trespassing sign probably was done by the property owners. Makes total sense vs. BM literally putting no trespassing signs on a job site, on someone private property & right over his wife’s remains. IMO

It used to be called "Critical Incident Stress". Now it falls under PSTD. I had a bad dose of it for weeks after the Lauren Jackson case. Until Cold Case Chronicles did an investigation and verified what I had found 30+ years ago, then developed new evidence earlier this year, I still blamed myself for not finding her.
I'm sorry you carried that all those years, thank you for searching for the missing. You are a very important asset here at WS.

The Holiday Inn check in day/time looms large.

I get the feeling the 5am departure is BS and the DM article that mentioned a Saturday check in is more accurate than I thought.
We never did get that evidence that was supposed to blow the 5 am departure out of the water. IIRC that was hinted at by PE weeks ago.

Here is a screenshot from the Channel 9 News broadcast of May 22, 2020 which clearly shows the beach area., and a current screenshot from PE's Chris's Twitter feed. For accuracy, merely compare the three trees against the skyline. Today, there is clearly a sandy beach, but back on the eleventh day of SM's disappearance that entire sandy area was under high water. I thought I understood MG to say that she finished that underwater area off the day before SM' disappeared. When MG said BM told her to rake it out so the muck wouldn't show, just what could she possibly have meant?
It's bizarre, I think. IMO

Investigators search Salida property for missing Colorado mom | 9news.com

Awesome post!

First, it appears the water level is much higher in May than it is right now. That is common for snow melt and the Arkansas River, right?

Also, in the May pic, those 4-6 rocks on the far right (where the sand is now exposed and sunken) seem very out of place. They are jutting out into the river/current flow in an unnatural way.

At least one thing MG and JP have in common is that they both worked at the Salida jobsite. Interesting that they were both selected by BM to beat feet to the Broomfield site. Was it because BM was afraid they might notice anomalies at the Salida jobsite?
MOO
Wow, now that's a probing thought. I didn't know JP had also worked at the river job site in Salida.

Here is a screenshot from the Channel 9 News broadcast of May 22, 2020 which clearly shows the beach area., and a current screenshot from PE's Chris's Twitter feed. For accuracy, merely compare the three trees against the skyline. Today, there is clearly a sandy beach, but back on the eleventh day of SM's disappearance that entire sandy area was under high water. I thought I understood MG to say that she finished that underwater area off the day before SM' disappeared. When MG said BM told her to rake it out so the muck wouldn't show, just what could she possibly have meant?

Woah that is a huge difference, 90% of the building in the background is also up.

1h

HAPPENING NOW: volunteers are gathering at the Crossroads Welcome Center off Highway 285 in Poncha Springs. The search for missing Chaffee County mom, Suzanne Morphew is expected to start at 8 a.m.
@FOX21News

HmBOlHeWOK2S6dVX.jpg

59m

We just spoke with Suzanne’s brother Andy who has organized this search. He told us he just wants to bring his sister home.

40m

Right before our interview with Andy a woman came up and gave him a folder with permission slips and a map of her 300+ acres of private property. She stated they are welcome to search it.
@FOX21News

37m

Andy is addressing the volunteer search group. He said that people should be looking for torn clothing or human remains. If someone finds something he’s asking them to take a picture and stay with the piece of interest.
@FOX21News

58SXsIOIWNzMhYdS.jpg

Courtney Fromm
@courtney_fromm

This is the first group heading out. They are going to search the area of Dead Horse Gulch. Volunteers are asked to use an app so at the end of the day organizers can see the trails and areas they’ve covered.

https://twitter.com/courtney_fromm/status/1309136145696129024?s=20

yes, I saw that and agree. Does not look natural.
If you read about decomposition, some weeks after a body is planted, tissues liquify and body mass is lost at the rate of 5 lbs per day.
Indentations in ground is one of the giveaways to finding
buried bodies in SAR instructions.

This is a such great post. Please consider calling it into the tip line.

If that was my wall, I would certainly have put those signs up. Especially before this week.
Me too.......that looks like a perfect little picnic spot for tourists, a good place for the kids to get their feet wet. Is there enough water to use that area for dinghy/kayak launch? Anyhow the sign is justified.

Wow, thx, Dave.

Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

After listening to the video, I was struck by the conviction in AM's statements in regards to Susanne being killed Saturday morning and her phone being destroyed after her conversation was interrupted at 8 am. He seemed quite sure. I suspect he may have been shown evidence that backs up his hypothesis. I think that his statement was intended to let BM know that LE know what he did and when. Moo
BBM
I hadn't caught that before.
"...and her phone being destroyed after her conversation was interrupted at 8 am..."

Woah that is a huge difference, 90% of the building in the background is also up.
<modsnip> My personal guess is that when it is finished, the property will appraise out at somewhere between two and three million dollars. "No Trespassing" signs are common on construction sites, for liability reasons; but with a project of this magnitude, "No Trespassing" is even more justified IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members