Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember address of the beach house? Should i drive over there? See the activity level? I will stay out of way of course.
I think your best bet is probably tomorrow. I can’t imagine there will be any activity now that darkness has fallen.

They’ll have to get permission from the homeowner, maybe get a warrant, and get all their ducks in a row first.

I think your best bet is probably tomorrow. I can’t imagine there will be any activity now that darkness has fallen.

They’ll have to get permission from the homeowner, maybe get a warrant, and get all their ducks in a row first.

Good point! Got a bit to caught up in moment there...:rolleyes:

I'm behind here but,he blocked a public roadway? TIA

We can't be sure that's a public road he blocked. When you look on google maps, they do not show it as a public road. If you then look at the satellite view, you can see the road going to the Morphew house (center right). I think it very well may be a private road leading to their house. JMO.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Does anyone remember address of the beach house? Should i drive over there? See the activity level? I will stay out of way of course.
It's a house under construction on the riverfront side of Old Stage Road (Hwy 105) in East Salida, about 3 or 4 lots north of Vandaveer Ranch Rd (across from what looks like some kind of agricultural business).

ETA: Last time CBI searched that site, they closed Old Stage Road at the intersection with Vandaveer Ranch Rd.

Wait. I read a post on here saying someone was speculating Barry could have ties/connection/etc. to the police department in the area. Do we think this is possible in terms of of obstructing with the investigation? I had not ever thought of this. Ugh.

Not to worry.

Even if it were true that BM has any ties to local LE, I think Sheriff Spezze took mitigating steps right away to prevent any shenanigans by anyone local who was associated with BM.

Hence his decisions to prohibit the CCFD from participating in the search and to call in outside reinforcements, i.e., the CBI and FBI.

JMO.

Many of y'all were talking AT LENGTH about this beach rock wall,
is anyone able to match up what you were talking about with where this dogs seemed to hit?
Wow this is pretty unbelievable, I'm so so so hopeful that this is it.
I wonder when they'll get to work, and I hope the fully excavate plenty of the rocks and beneath.
Agreed.
Even if they find something and not remains, that would be amazing -- in a sad way.

Like, something belonging to Suzanne that shouldn't be there ?
A broken phone ?
Her watch/necklace ?
Etc.?

It sounds like Andy and his team had very carefully, with discernment from professionals, chosen search locations. They are not searching willy-nilly in the Colorado wilderness. These are areas of strong interest.

It cannot be by chance that three cadaver dogs hit at two different locations.

How can we connect these two different locations? I never imagined that, in such rugged terrain, Barry went off road somewhere in a bobcat to bury Suzanne. But he likely used that bobcat at the beach area.

If not the bobcat, what brought the cadaver scent to two different locations. An actual cadaver? That seems so unlikely. How to account for this?

I didn't watch PE tonight, but it sounds like there is news that cadaver dogs hit on at least one spot relevant to this case. If this is true and if it means what many are interpreting it to mean, this is both a positive development and also very sad. Suzanne Morphew seems like she was a lovely person, and if she is now deceased, as we have reason to believe, this is quite sad.

If she is deceased, and if they've hit upon some of her remains, there are really only three questions remaining in this case: when, why and how? ---that is, when, why and how did BM kill her?

Pic does not show the area very well. I apologize. But this is where bike was found... Where pink tape is.

Seems it took a whole lot of luck (or prior knowledge) to have found her bike that quickly the same evening she was reported missing. They wouldn't have had a lot of daylight and it would have been hard to see down in there.

Yes, feel discouraged/sad/irritable/emotional since yesterday. Can't shake it.... Need to cry and that may help release some of this. It's too much land to find her if there are no solid leads... :(
I hear you. Just have a good cry. It’s important that all this vast terrain is covered. If SM isn’t found now, she will be found by hunters or hikers. Justice will eventually be served. Justice for Suzanne! Thank you for helping. WS members are the very best!

It sounds like Andy and his team had very carefully, with discernment from professionals, chosen search locations. They are not searching willy-nilly in the Colorado wilderness. These are areas of strong interest.

It cannot be by chance that three cadaver dogs hit at two different locations.

How can we connect these two different locations? I never imagined that, in such rugged terrain, Barry went off road somewhere in a bobcat to bury Suzanne. But he likely used that bobcat at the beach area.

If not the bobcat, what brought the cadaver scent to two different locations. An actual cadaver? That seems so unlikely. How to account for this?
One location was tried but didn't work as well as anticipated, so the other was chosen? We don't know how close together they were, but they could be in the same vicinity.

Seems it took a whole lot of luck (or prior knowledge) to have found her bike that quickly the same evening she was reported missing. They wouldn't have had a lot of daylight and it would have been hard to see down in there.

The pink ribbon is quite high up the bank - the bike was just at the right place in fact to ensure it wasn’t too far down to be spotted. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther