Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social media platforms (like youtube or reddit or facebook or others) absolutely do have the ability to affect the direction of an investigation and it can lead to negative consequences. Thousands of otherwise well-meaning people can do harm. If you're not familiar with the impact of just that on the Boston Marathon Bombing case, you can read about it here. Rumor, speculation, and 'digitalantism' can be a caustic mix. IMO
ITA, that is an interesting new word for my vocabulary.
digitalantism, my auto text does NOT recognize it. I think it is a word we may all need to learn, thanks!

I followed that case also, after they were found dead all reporting seemed to stop, at least I couldn't find anything. You wouldn't happen to know where I could find anything on that case would you? TIA

Did you follow it on Websleuths? I can’t remember how long the conversations went after they found them. If you google Chyna Deese and Lucas Fowler murder there might be more information. I am not sure. Chyna might have two m's. There was a lot of information on WS.

BBM

Like it or not? Welcome to the 21st century?

As someone who helped build Internet platforms and search technology starting wayyyy back in 1995, I obviously am a big believer in technology in general, the Internet specifically, connecting people digitally across the world, and all of it. It's what my graduate degree was focused on and what I worked on spanning 25 years, much of it in Silicon Valley, as part of some big name companies.

The technology isn't the issue and the platforms aren't the issue and data is certainly not an issue. It's when emotional humans think themselves members of an investigation. It always comes down to the human element and human actions and human choices. It's one reason, of many reasons, why LE needs to and does keep investigations very close to the vest.

IMO

This is the difference between hearing things out loud and the written word. We have evolved into where we are, like it or not. I’m not questioning your CV. We are all here on Websleuths, by golly. We are either part of the problem or the solution. We are the future, and we cannot put the genie back in the bottle.

As usual your knowledge is valuable, thank you for answering!

Any ideas why a dog may have hit there?

It may have been decomposing remains were sitting in that spot for a period of time and body fluids seeped into the ground. After drying, it may not have been visible, but there was a scent.

No witnesses are a game-changer - because many of my neighbors insist they have read someone saw her Sunday morning, which I found to be confusing. There are so many things that don't make sense at all, it's mind-boggling. I have the interview with the female employee he called to drive to Denver, and she appears to be very scared of him. Yet so many people want to discount her story and I can't figure out why. Lots of holes are never good.

Somewhere recently -- maybe during Tricia's interview with LS? -- it was revealed that BM had made the assertion that "two people saw her on Sunday" but he wouldn't elaborate or identify them.

No one else appears to have come forward with that info, as far as we know.

JMO MOO

Is this the first time we’ve seen this ? That LE told media about the helmet??

Investigators found Morphew’s bicycle in a ravine that evening. Law enforcement investigators told The Gazette that her turquoise bike helmet was found nearby days later.

Sheriff downplays reports of remains found in Suzanne Morphew disappearance
It was the first time a MSM source mentioned what that “personal item” was.

It was long suspected by many of us that the helmet was the personal item, despite how fricken bizarre it is that any mountain lion/kidnapper would remove and dump it away from the point of initial contact.

Not only is it evidence of staging, but it’s evidence that the person staging it is nothing short of a complete moron.

Investigators found Morphew’s bicycle in a ravine that evening. Law enforcement investigators told The Gazette that her turquoise bike helmet was found nearby days later.

I did not see any mention of a helmet prior to this article. How did they not share that? What condition was it in? Was the buckle broken?

Hmm.
I think so.
Before this it was 'personal items' ; iirc.

Thanks for posting this.
"Found nearby days later..."
Now one would assume the area was searched thoroughly that day the bike was found.
Sooo... someone planted that helmet days later ?
Wonder if LE have a certain person on camera/gps/phone pings , driving in that area ???
Almost enough to arrest but I think LE need a bit more.
And we still don't know if there were any accomplices so that BM's gps wouldn't display in the area the bike was found.

According to Andy Morphew, Suzanne was murdered and I believe him.
I think Suzanne's murder was done by one person, but am unsure if there was assistance after the fact.
Imo.

Somewhere recently -- maybe during Tricia's interview with LS? -- it was revealed that BM had made the assertion that "two people saw her on Sunday" but he wouldn't elaborate or identify them.

JMO MOO

He has no issue with trashing people who cross him, yet won’t identify the two people who could all but clear him.

Sounds about right.

From the link:

Noticed the author is an independent writer and the article is "special to the Gazette" (i.e., shopped to them -- probably because of lack of local coverage in Salida during the search).

IMO, the info reported did not come from Chaffee County investigators since we know the CCSO has never confirmed the bike recovered or in evidence.

I believe AM previously stated CBI told him the personal item was the helmet.

We also know that there was no property owned by Morphews located in Poncha Springs that cadaver dogs hit on. In fact, this false statement came directly from DM. MOO

The area where the dogs picked up a scent is in Poncha Springs on property owned by Morphew’s family.

JMO MOO
bbm
Agreed I believe it was the interview with LS, who has been sorely missed.

And there's no proof that those two saw Suzanne 'alive'.
BM is most likely lying again; or he has accomplices who assisted in a coverup.
My .02 is that this case could become much darker. :(
<modsnip>
Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post! And there is only one someone that is connected to Suzanne and all of those locations.

I am not so sure about that. Each location was readily and fairly accessible to anyone including the riverfront property. Two of three locations would not arouse suspicion if workers or equipment were on the property because both were in various states in of development.

It was the first time a MSM source mentioned what that “personal item” was.

It was long suspected by many of us that the helmet was the personal item, despite how fricken bizarre it is that any mountain lion/kidnapper would remove and dump it away from the point of initial contact.

Not only is it evidence of staging, but it’s evidence that the person staging it is nothing short of a complete moron.
I hate to be that guy, but the mountain lion has been officially cleared sooo I think we all have to accept the a mountain lion didnt attack SM drag her away without leaving a single trace of dna, them scatter her belongings around the dessert... you know the more times I say it out loud the more I cant imagines why BM thought it was a plausible explanation lol

And ITA with you. Had it been real evidence there would have been some kind of sign of a struggle or something. Its not like a kidnapper would just walk up to her and she would just comply with his request to follow him. It makes no sense as to why they would have been so far apart with no blood of hair or dna... I give it a C+ effort, the logic just dont make sense and I fail to think of a plausible scenario where this would have happened

The Denver Gazette

From the article: BBM

(snip)

"Over 100 people dressed in hiking shoes and prepared for a daylong effort found “a suspicious item” near Salida in their search for evidence related to a Mayfield woman’s disappearance, according to her brother."

"Andy Moorman says he can’t reveal what the item is, but he told The Denver Gazette that he has turned it over to authorities and is confident that the volunteers will have some answers by the time their five-day search is over as to what happened to Suzanne Morphew."

(snip)

"He told The Denver Gazette that he believes Suzanne was mentally abused."

She wasn’t in control of the marriage,” Moorman said."
---
The Denver Gazette

Law enforcement investigators told The Denver Gazette that her turquoise bike helmet was found nearby days later.

(snipped)
we learned about this on Friday, Sept 25 (from the media thread)

From the link:

Noticed the author is an independent writer and the article is "special to the Gazette" (i.e., shopped to them -- probably because of lack of local coverage in Salida during the search).

IMO, the info reported did not come from Chaffee County investigators since we know the CCSO has never confirmed the bike recovered or in evidence.

I believe AM previously stated CBI told him the personal item was the helmet.

We also know that there was no property owned by Morphews located in Poncha Springs that cadaver dogs hit on. In fact, this false statement came directly from DM. MOO

The area where the dogs picked up a scent is in Poncha Springs on property owned by Morphew’s family.
I realize that most of the article was apparently written or compiled before the CCSO press release yesterday, so lots of errors there. The reporter tweeted it yesterday. And I did consider the source before bringing it here - I remembered that one of our members last week said they think this reporter is trustworthy due to past Colorado trial coverage.

The Denver Gazette is the new-ish online newspaper as an alternative to the Denver Post. I remember you @Seattle1 talking about it months ago in the Gannon thread.

Anyway, it just jumped out at me that it says LE told them this bit of info. Seems like quite a bold claim.IMO

Hope I’m not sounding argumentative, I’m struggling to get more coffee in my system lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500