Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Insider posting in this thread:

NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew),

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

MOD NOTE - THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM

While speculation based on the facts of the case is certainly allowed and encouraged, speculation based on no known facts in the case, such as the yet unnamed suspect could also be responsible for the Delphi murders (or other cases), is not allowed.

Please stick to the facts in this case.

Thank you :)

MOD NOTE

Re: CM's twitter asking the public to speculate on the identity of the rando wigged e-bike search spectator...

OUR rules here are clear: we cannot speculate by throwing random names/initials of people connected to this case, by insinuating they might be some sneaky person, up to no good, sneaking around search locations.

This crosses the line of our VICTIM FRIENDLY policy, which includes family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. Sleuthing/naming/insinuating is against our rules here. Please post accordingly.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths does not allow sleuthing of random individuals (i.e. guy with a wig?).

Although PE is an approved source, if the content of any approved source is not in accordance with Websleuths TOS or values, please do not discuss it.

Sleuth away behind the scenes but don't post about it here.

I guess I am just astounded that all local properties owned by Barry hadn't been thoroughly searched before.
Perhaps they have been, didn’t AM at one point say he was comfortable with that? I thought it was notable, but it wasn’t just BMs property, IIRC. My old experimenter POV, this could be control factor.
forty threads, pages how do y’all find AMs comments, I believe it was in first days of searching... JMPM

let’s just suppose they have actually extensively searched a particular area, well documented with several different cadaver dogs, how would you explain a hit yesterday?

I’m wondering about this, too. I can’t accept that LE hasn’t done these searches, numerous times. I am not being sarcastic on this, honestly, but if we trusted them to have this, I am going to be very disappointed if we find otherwise, as I am sure you will too.

I don’t think this is LE conspiracy or that they are impeding the investigation.

Things slip out sometimes via PE & AM (tree invoices, locations, blanket, tarp etc) and we don’t know whether LE sanctions that & whether PE are being kept 100% in the loop. Maybe they are in that loop and LE want to try luring a perp to an “unguarded” site.

BBM:

We do not know that LE left the site.

We have no proof that LE did not secure it.

We only have a verbal claim by the PE guys on their YouTube channel that LE was not at the site.

For all we know, the PE guys have been working with LE and put that misinformation out in the hopes that BM would hear and go out last night under cover of darkness to try to move/remove evidence.

I actually think there's an extremely strong possibility that's the case.

I'm genuinely shocked that no one else appears to see it as the likeliest explanation for all of PE's bumfuzzling behavior.

I'm extremely intrigued to hear what the PE guys will have to say for themselves.

Anyway, regardless of what the PE guys have said, there's no way LE didn't secure that site overnight.

None.

JMO.

Ooh this gives me hope that I might eventually get the hang of this sleuthing business!

It appears that it’s right across the street from this building that they are digging:
View attachment 266037 View attachment 266038
FBI agents are seen investigating plot of land owned by Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

And if so, that is not part of Longhorn Ranch, though it appears to be only 1/5 - 1/4 mile away (as the crow flies) from the lot BM purchased back in June.
View attachment 266040 View attachment 266039

yes I remember that place from when I google street walked. It was something Inn, a bed & breakfast place I think

eta : just walked it again, it’s the River Inn. But could it still be BM’s lot and a trick of the lens re distance behind it?

Last edited:
You'll have to ask him.

I can only speak for myself.

And my name ain't CM….it's GordianKnot.

Well, not really. But you get the point.

JMO.
Lol. CM just tweeted

Folks let's all be patient. Remember this is a search effort and the authorities must check the boxes as well ok? That's part of the investigative process, but this is how it's done. #suzannemorphew #helpfindsuzannemoorman
#SuzanneMorphew #truecrimecommunity @ProfilingEvil

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1311036074618126336?s=21

It appears that it’s right across the street from this building that they are digging:
View attachment 266037 View attachment 266038
FBI agents are seen investigating plot of land owned by Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

And if so, that is not part of Longhorn Ranch, though it appears to be only 1/5 - 1/4 mile away (as the crow flies) from the lot BM purchased back in June.
View attachment 266040 View attachment 266039
So it's not his lot? If they are digging on someone else's property maybe that's why it took a day to get the warrant. Maybe they had to locate and inform the homeowner before they start?

Is this near the tree? Or was that in a different location?

In fairness, I think Chris's vitriol was more pointed at the Sheriff's office than the FBI/CBI, but I can't blame him for getting riled up after that statement by the Sheriff's office yesterday.
Agreed. I was aghast at that statement -- it sounded like no one was gonna do one darn thing about the hits. After 4 months of no info from the Sheriff's Dept., they could have been silent a few more days rather than issue that statement. It's not like they needed to misdirect the public in order to hide the fact that the dogs made positive hits -- that info was already out in the public and available to BM.

PE has on their Andy Search Story Map a wide angle picture of the ‘little tree’ scene that gives a better look at its location. Apparently it’s near the Puma Path residence.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Quite a few other little similar trees around it, if the dogs only hit on that one tree with the rocks then that's very intresting.

So it's not his lot? If they are digging on someone else's property maybe that's why it took a day to get the warrant. Maybe they had to locate and inform the homeowner before they start?

Is this near the tree? Or was that in a different location?

The tree is near the puma Path residence. The dig going on right now is the longhorn ranch property.

The site of the current dig not being BM’s property kind of makes sense. I don’t see why BM would have ever let AM or LE on that property to search unless they had a warrant.

PE has on their Andy Search Story Map a wide angle picture of the ‘little tree’ scene that gives a better look at its location. Apparently it’s near the Puma Path residence.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew
That makes sense. I remember AM saying the dog alerted on a tree at the Morphew home but it was a false alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire