Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gives a good idea of the area.

White Pine
Thanks @NoSI.

From the news link, the remains were located in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County, and White Pine is located in Gunnison County-- both neighboring Chaffee County. I found a good County map below.

Human remains found in Saguache County - KRDO

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping investigate after hikers discovered human remains in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County on Friday.
[..]
The remote location where the remains were found is in the western part of the county near the Hinsdale County line.
[..]
The CBI said there is no evidence that connects this case with the Suzanne Morphew investigation.

colorado-county-map.gif

southern colorado counties map - بحث Google

Last edited:
Where did BM lie down?

Apparently BM laid down not from from three Colorado counties, neither of which is Chaffee county. One of those counties (Gunnison, Hinsdale or Saguache) contained a mine, and one of them contained human remains, which do not appear to be SM. Possibly one of those counties (Gunnison, Hinsdale or Saguache) contained both the mine and the body. IMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

BM's sister (TN's mother) did take the girls camping. I was just speculating about BM's mother. Also, in post #655 I included the disclaimer MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he actually buried her in the White Pine Cemetery....moo

This is not a bad idea. Didn’t Andy say there was an old cemetery he wanted go check out? He didn’t say which one. There is the old White Pine Cemetery and there is also another old historical cemetery called Cleora Cemetery off of Hwy 50 near the RV Park. I actually posted about BM burying her in an old cemetery a long time ago near the beginning of this case. I love old cemeteries and reading the old tombstones. It seemed like a good hiding place and might fool cadaver dogs since there are lots of bones there. These cemeteries date back to the 1800s so the bones are probably just dust now. I wonder if cadaver dogs can still smell them? Sorry if that’s morbid...just curious.

This gives a good idea of the area.

White Pine
I find old mines really interesting. My Dad used to take us out in the desert when I was little and we explored quite a few of them in the Landfair Valley/New York Mountain area.

Erin Corwin was murdered and thrown in a mine, LE searched different mines for eight weeks before they found her Desert mines made for tough Erin Corwin search

I wish we knew if BM had any interest or knowledge in old mines.

BM's sister (TN's mother) did take the girls camping. I was just speculating about BM's mother.
Ouch! That truly hurts my heart. I'm sad she thought traveling with teens a better idea than promoting Stage 1 COVID19 restrictions but I think her brother probably had a hand in that. IMO, when it comes to family, what BM wants, BM gets. I think someday soon we will have a long list of victims in this case.

MOO

Last edited:
I find old mines really interesting. My Dad used to take us out in the desert when I was little and we explored quite a few of them in the Landfair Valley/New York Mountain area.

Erin Corwin was murdered and thrown in a mine, LE searched different mines for eight weeks before they found her Desert mines made for tough Erin Corwin search

I wish we knew if BM had any interest or knowledge in old mines.
Great question! One cannot forget the mines in Utah and Susan Powell.

Thanks @NoSI.

From the news link, the remains were located in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County, and White Pine is located in Gunnison County-- both neighboring Chaffee County. I found a good County map below.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping investigate after hikers discovered human remains in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County on Friday.
[..]
The remote location where the remains were found is in the western part of the county near the Hinsdale County line.
[..]
The CBI said there is no evidence that connects this case with the Suzanne Morphew investigation.

colorado-county-map.gif

southern colorado counties map - بحث Google

This is a great reference map for the counties, thank you @Seattle1! I was trying to figure out if Hinsdale County and Chaffee County were close. This was very helpful because I see Gunnison is also a County and it is located between Chaffee & Hinsdale Counties.

Do you know if it was in Whitepine itself?
Or was it on the way in, either along Old Monarch Pass 237? Or going into Whitepine on 888 from hwy 50 near Sargents?
During the search, the coordinates of the White Pine area (where photo actually taken) were available on PE website.

If not still on the PE website, you can probably find the information in prior threads as it was discussed extensively since there was a misunderstanding of the photograph taken about May 13 versus photograph taken in September during the search.

Respectfully, you kinda nailed it, if it is true about his mom and sister, it has to be someone other than BM... even BM wouldn’t be that stupid.
IMO, the perp expected to find only the immediate 4 family members present. They intended to use covid to their advantage.
Respectfully, IMO the family ( BM Mom and Sister) were not in town we have no proof that they were -only speculation . I do think BM is connected to the death of SM, he has two hands full of red flags he has been waving . I do not believe COVID played any part in SM missing.MOO

“I can’t believe he would do such a thing”
- Said by some old schoolmate of every killer, everywhere

jmo

I was already laughing at your response @steeltowngirl but then I noticed your avatar and was ROTFL at the duck double fisting Jif PB! Some of ya’ll are so creative with your rubber duckies! It’s very entertaining! :D

Apparently BM laid down not from from three Colorado counties, neither of which is Chaffee county. One of those counties (Gunnison, Hinsdale or Saguache) contained a mine, and one of them contained human remains, which do not appear to be SM. Possibly one of those counties (Gunnison, Hinsdale or Saguache) contained both the mine and the body. IMO

Why add confusion when facts are available?

Oct 3, 2020

All of us believe there are many known facts in this case, but actually, there are few. Suzanne is missing. An item/s was recovered, but never confirmed by LE to be a bike, bike helmet, or anything else. We do not know when Suzanne was last seen or heard from. LE was contacted on Mother’s Day regarding missing Suzanne. Other than the amount of searches, I think that’s about it. Barry has said many different things, to different people. Andy has repeated what he believes to be true, but he may be mistaken on some of the details. Timeline keeps changing.

I

This is the whole case in a nutshell, not meaning to ruffle anyone’s feathers, but we’ve had many threads now, dissecting BM, really based a lot on our own experiences.
This interview with BMs friend from childhood should be given much more bearing than our own life experiences. JMVHO
This man knew the whole family well, more than any of us. He refutes much of our speculation, even before we speculate.

I find him believable, I think we could all wish to have friends from childhood, that in itself shows a personality who is worth a continuing friendship.

He isn’t trying to cover up BMs guilt, oh no, he’s just making his personal assessment, from his point of view, someone who truly knew BM and the family...

This is my interpretation MOO
Who we are in grade school, high school and college is not who we are 30 years later. None of us are the same as we were pre COVID , life changes are inevitable good and bad. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member