Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Thank you for expounding on this interesting detail. You have given me something new to think about, and I much appreciate this, as we are in a lull.

What was he doing? Did he try to set her up? Did he intend to drop in and changed his mind? Would he have needed her help for something, but decide that it would be too risky? Any ideas???

BM says he left at 5am. This appears to be a lie. Is this the vehicle data that doesn't match his story? If he lied about it to LE, there has to be a good reason.

It will be so nice when we have more answers that questions!
Moo
I think he lied. I don’t think he left her at 5am. I think we now have heard from a few sources that he was gone by 4:00am (MG- at her house idling in driveway and AM saying 4:30 rambling and texting to get work crew together). He lied from the sources we have heard from that are cited from @oviedo and her great work on the media thread. He was busy well before 5:00 am. I’m not sure what job of his he was attending to at 4:00 am. Jack of all trades...master of none?

Along with the comment, I also find this suggestion attributed to a certain someone just as interesting: .
‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after 3 months | FOX31 Denver

Why would the certain someone qualify his theory that the person who may have abducted SM is someone "who knows her well"?

Did he mean the person 'knew her routine' and stalked her on her bike ride and attacked when the opportunity permitted (no other vehicles in sight)?

Or, did he mean the person is someone who would not cause concern for SM and that maybe she stopped her bike and let the person approach her and that explains why there were no (reported) signs of struggle (no scuff marks, no drag marks, no fluids)?

<modsnip>

To date, the pile of one-sided circumstantial we think we know doesn't look good for the certain someone. And the struggle deepens because the certain someone is either unable or refuses to offer believable explanation in defense. Not that he has to, IUPG, but it seems the certain someone is quite aware he is viewed through a heavy veil of suspicion and any logical person might assume he would want to explain away to clear himself from suspicion so that the investigation could proceed in proper direction.

We truly do not know whether or not the certain someone has completely cooperated with and/or has been cleared by LE. It is possible that LE might want a perceived veil of suspicion to linger so as not to alert an actual culprit as they pursue clues (i.e., guard-down tactics).

As I've indicated in previous posting, if it weren't for the certain someones' actions, lack of actions and disparate vocal regurges the theories he has presented could be viable possibilities.

I'm not sitting on the fence at this point, but I am leaning against it on one side (git'um!) for at least a little while longer... still too many unknowns. If this case extends to beyond this year with nothing of substance offered in a LE presser then I'll have to assume LE has no singularly-directional evidence. I hope I'm wrong but with each passing week I see a slowly-decreasing value on the thermostat.
Just jumping off your post - the article link above mentions a female bicyclist that same day, but I also thought I saw a short interview at one point that also included a male bicyclist who mentioned biking in SM's area that same day? Anyone, am I removing correctly? Just curious and JMO

So MG never threw BM under the bus with his 5am alibi but made sure we the public knew he was at her house at 4am. Why?
It’s my understanding this all came from the same interview with Lauren. She aired some of their conversation, but held onto other parts.

MG suspected Barry was outside her house at 4, and told Lauren this. I imagine Lauren didn’t want to air anything that dubious.

She’s be much more comfortable sharing that information with either PE, or Nancy Grace. I believe this was mentioned during an interview with the latter.

Agree. Not to difficult to get an equity loan these days if they needed cash.
We have no idea if that house has a private mortgage, or if they already have maxed out whatever equity was available. Or what kind of credit rating they have. It's not like you can walk into a bank and say, hey I need 250k and the bank says, sure, just sign here.

I'm another one who thinks MG hearing BM's truck outside unexpectedly is significant. I got the impression that she was surprised by it, and in retrospect, that was yet another thing that didn't add up for her. I also think she knows an incredible amount of information, just by having worked with BM for the last two years.

I'm another one who thinks MG hearing BM's truck outside unexpectedly is significant. I got the impression that she was surprised by it, and in retrospect, that was yet another thing that didn't add up for her. I also think she knows an incredible amount of information, just by having worked with BM for the last two years.
Agree.
Not to look outside at 4am when she heard the truck idling, MOO she was already a bit weirded out by him.

Last edited:
Just jumping off your post - the article link above mentions a female bicyclist that same day, but I also thought I saw a short interview at one point that also included a male bicyclist who mentioned biking in SM's area that same day? Anyone, am I removing correctly? Just curious and JMO
There was a woman mentioned in that article who rode her bike in the same area but it was about a month after SM disappeared. She said she didn't see or could barely see the yellow ribbon that was there. I don't remember a man being interviewed, but I imagine several people have ridden past that area since then.

I think there was a guy interviewed way back at the beginning of the case who said he saw a strange vehicle in the area. Could that be what you're thinking of? I haven't found it in the media thread, but I think it was a TV interview. Still looking for it, though.

Ita.
Also took control of assets not belonging to him, and assumed guardianship over whatever you owned, and besides that had the temerity to have you declared 'incapacitated'.
Some nerve.
MOO

She does meet the definition of an "incapacitated person" under Indiana Code § 29-3-1-7.5: an individual who...cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry.

Many people on WS have criticized § 29-3-1-7.5, perhaps with good reason, but it's still good law.

bbm
ITA.

Esp. if BM had a hefty life insurance policy on Suzanne which she may not have known about ?
If BM made the premium rate payments on time himself, she may have had no idea.
Imo.

Harold Henthorn had a policy not only on the wife he killed but Toni's friend as well ! (Dateline episode.)

A life insurance policy would definitely be a strong motive.

However, I'm unsure about whether Barry would've been able to obtain such a policy due to Suzanne's cancer history. CBS4 in Denver indicated that she'd been diagnosed with cancer in 1994. If Barry had not listed the prior cancer diagnosis, then the policy could be found to be void, as most life insurance policies have a "material misrepresentation clause." Such clauses void a policy if a person intentionally withholds information from the insurer that would have resulted in a denial of policy issuance. If Barry did list Suzanne's
cancer history, a life insurance company could've required a medical exam prior to issuing the policy, which would've thwarted Barry's plan to hide the policy's existence from Suzanne.

That being said, there are group policies out there that do not require a medical exam (AAA sends me offers for them all the time). Such a policy could be purchased without Suzanne finding out, though the policy would also be subject to a material misrepresentation clause.

True and I agree.

What I'm torn over is premeditation. Andy stated Barry arranged for the girls to go on the trip because they were housebound due to CV19 (paraphrasing). I can't ignore the obvious possibility he arranged for them to be gone so he could disappear Suzanne.

How may of you think this was planned vs. unplanned?
While I do think Barry could be the type to fly off the handle because of control issues, I believe because of the quick legal and financial moves he's made and the degree of hiding her remains I believe premeditation. Imo

Agree.
Not to look outside at 4am when she heard the truck idling, MOO she was already a bit weirded out by him.
Weirded out by him and in fact so, that she got dressed and packed her things, only because he was showing up. Who has to do that for his employer, even on MD early in the morning of the Lord? And why should she have left her home this early, when BM originally said, his workers would arrive in the Sunday evening at Broomfield and he had to set up the work before? I believe MG. Whom I don't believe, is liar BM. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Weirded out by him and in fact so, that she got dressed and packed her things, only because he was showing up. Who has to do that for his employer, even on MD early in the morning of the Lord? And why should she have left her home this early, when BM originally said, his workers would arrive in the Sunday evening at Broomfield and he had to set up the work before? I believe MG. Whom I don't believe, is liar BM. IMO
Honestly, I don't believe either one of them. I can't figure out why yet but that's what my hinky meter is telling me. There's something we don't know imo.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member