Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
So confusing. I find this from post 924, thread 44:

Transcribed from CrimeOnline.com Crime Stories with Nancy Grace:

*Barry admitted to Lauren about the mechanical thing to the Bobcat, but he wouldn't tell her what. He was supposed to bring the Bobcat to Broomfield, but he didn't have it there.

edited to say: I just don't see anywhere definite that BM didn't have the bobcat with him, did some work, and then towed it back to Salida, before MG and JP showed up in Broomfield.

Is there a link to the 4 am Barry truck outside MG’s house? I’m not sure I am ready to take that one as gospel. What is the earliest that we have on record, linkable from anyone? I know Barry’s statement that he left a sleeping Suzanne at 5 am.

It's from MG, I know that much. I believe she spoke to LS, can't remember. It's in the media thread.

So we have two different stories. BM says he left at 5 am. MG says his truck was at her house at 4 am.

They both could be wrong, of course.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the "earliest that we have on record." Do you mean the earliest account from MG and from BM? Or do you mean what is the earliest time claimed for BM leaving the house?

I'm basing my speculation on CM's twitter photos, which showed fresh dirt and vehicle tracks. He's since removed that tweet so, for now, I'm speculating that he did more than just capstones. I believe MG also identified (he "did thirty minutes of work" interview) that it appeared that, he "moved some dirt around."

Unnecessary busy work? Alibi? Or purposeful?

Hmmmmm.

JMO
Unfortunately ole Cryptic Chris :p didn't give us any idea when those pics were taken, so it's impossible to know for sure if the pics he posted then deleted, is the way it actually looked when MG, JP and CC showed up on the Monday.

Interestingly enough though, in LS latest video at 6:43, there are pics included of what the wall looked like on Tuesday the 12th, and it looks a lot different than the pics CM posted (and now I'm going from memory so it's all totally jmo).

Re-listening to MG's interview with LS she did say BM removed the capstones and moved some dirt around so yes, it does appear he did have a Bobcat there, and took it with him when he left, oddly, knowing full well the crew would have needed it to do the job he sent them to do.

jmo

I have this thought at times as well.

But, why wouldn't he just fess up at the time or at least try to get help? Was it his ego stopping him from making that call? Why?

MOO

I'm guessing that after his rage subsided, he recognized that no life saving measures would help, so he went into CYA mode... jmo

OR ....

he did more than 30 minutes, undoing and redoing something MG didn't notice.

He apparently did some dirt work, with a Bobcat. Why?

And why didn't he leave a Bobcat there?

JMO

Every time I see an unattended Bobcat (which is almost never where I live, but I do see them in more rural areas), I think "Someone is gonna steal that." BM isn't the only person who has a trailer that will hold one of those things. There's a website devoted to trying to find stolen Bobcats:

https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/stolen/list/manufacturer/bobcat

They're worth a lot. And if not the entire machine, then some of its components would be asking to be stolen if parked by a freeway unattended or overnight.

It doesn't look to me as if MG's car would have a trailer hitch, so he couldn't have left it at the hotel for them to use - he would have had to leave it at the site.

It's from MG, I know that much. I believe she spoke to LS, can't remember. It's in the media thread.

So we have two different stories. BM says he left at 5 am. MG says his truck was at her house at 4 am.

They both could be wrong, of course.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the "earliest that we have on record." Do you mean the earliest account from MG and from BM? Or do you mean what is the earliest time claimed for BM leaving the house?

If there is something from Lauren stating that MG heard Barry’s truck at 4 am, I will believe that Morgan heard a truck at 4 am. <modsnip> I was hoping somebody had the timing at their fingertips. In my head, all I have is Barry said he left at 5, and Andy saying he was communicating while rambling down the road, and the timeline doesn’t match.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep wondering...why did it take the daughters alerting BM that they could not reach their mom? Wouldn't BM have been trying to reach her, himself? I would think that a loving, caring husband would have tried to call his wife himself, and be alarmed that he was not able to get her. Perhaps I have missed that info, but from what I have read, the daughters are the ones who raised the alarm, by calling him to tell him they could not reach her.

Please enlighten me, if I have that information wrong. Have read that it was only after the daughters could not reach her, that BM asked the neighbor to check on her.
What is also curious is that even after all these months we are not entirely clear on what BM’s plan for that Sunday was supposed to be. When exactly was he planning to return home? Was he to remain in Broomfield Sunday night with his crew or was he supposed to be returning home to spend the evening with SM and the girls? Admittedly, I have not been up to speed the entire time so I’m not sure if this was ever discussed in detail and if BM ever explained it. Had SM not gone “missing” where was he expected to spend the night, Broomfield or Maysville?

I have this thought at times as well.

But, why wouldn't he just fess up at the time or at least try to get help? Was it his ego stopping him from making that call? Why?

MOO

I'm guessing that after his rage subsided, he recognized that no life saving measures would help, so he went into CYA mode... jmo
ITA- seems personal IMO

I agree. The statement about the worst night of his life has bugged me nonstop. Its a weird thing to say unless somebody told you all about their night... maybe leaving off the murder-y parts... but if my boss called me about an urgent job, I might say something like he sounded irritated by the last minute job, tired, pissed... whatever... but what did he tell her about his night that caused her to make THAT specific statement. Its something that has bugged me and I can't shake it. Jmo

And he felt so threatened the week before that he fixed the alarm system so the family would be safe.....and then called a 70 year old lady to go check on up Suzanne...:mad:

ETA...and had her go back twice, check the house and check the garage...what a guy!

How did the neighbor get in the house/garage?

What is also curious is that even after all these months we are not entirely clear on what BM’s plan for that Sunday was supposed to be. When exactly was he planning to return home? Was he to remain in Broomfield Sunday night with his crew or was he supposed to be returning home to spend the evening with SM and the girls? Admittedly, I have not been up to speed the entire time so I’m not sure if this was ever discussed in detail and if BM ever explained it. Had SM not gone “missing” where was he expected to spend the night, Broomfield or Maysville?

I think at this point, the only people I would trust to tell us what the family's plan was for mother's day are Suzanne herself, or the daughters. But the statement from them would need to have happened before Barry had time to tell them his version. I DO NOT believe the girls would do anything to cover for anyone or hinder the investigation whatsoever nor will I be sleuthing them. Jmo

How did the neighbor get in the house/garage?
Here’s something that seems strange to me.
Who would even ask a woman to enter a home if something seems off? Plus I wouldn’t do it. I’m cautious like that.
Is it possible a man was with her and we just don’t know that yet? Even then, this is something for police to investigate. You never know what you could be walking into. Can you imagine finding a deceased person, a crime scene or an intruder?

Who would even ask a woman to enter a home if something seems off? Plus I wouldn’t do it. I’m cautious like that.
Is it possible a man was with her and we just don’t know that yet? Even then, this is something for police to investigate. You never know what you could be walking into. Can you imagine finding a deceased person, a crime scene or an intruder?

That's always bothered me that BM asked the elderly lady to go investigate a potentially dangerous situation - instead of asking a fellow firefighter or his buddy GD or any other able bodied dude he knows. But who knows, the 70 yr old neighbor lady might be in better shape than many of us here, :p and knows how to use a weapon?

I mean, we really don't know, but it does still bug me.

I 100% agree with all of that!! And I think I would only ask a very few select people to enter my home to check things out on my behalf.... very close friends, like my BFF, or local family members, not just some neighbor... which now further gives me more to wonder about because now we have to believe that either this neighbor had a spare key to their house, a $1.5m house has a key hidden where it could be accessed by anyone, or the security system was working properly and he gave her the code to unlock/open the house/garage.... if anyone knows how the neighbor got access into the house/garage, I would love to hear it.

Jmo.

I am with you on that...I HAVE found a deceased person, I have also witnessed a murder, and had a customer of ours who murdered his wife a few years ago. I wrote an anonymous letter to her father, an ex-mayor in our area, telling him why I thought that. Thankfully, LE caught up with the man, who indeed HAD murdered his wife.

None of the above experiences were pleasant, to say the least.

This is why this forum is so interesting. We can see many different sides of any situation.

I would definitely go inside the house, because Suzanne could be laying there injured needing urgent help, and definitely if we are talking about a house which is remote where an ambulance and police could take longer to arrive. As the lady could have heard from the family SM could maybe have been unavailable for most of the day, so every minute could count. My own safety wouldn’t be my first concern at that time. Also AFAIK the PP doesn’t seem like a high crime area.

What I wouldn’t do is that I wouldn’t call a lady of 70+ years, but some guy if I needed to check on my house and wife.

If there is something from Lauren stating that MG heard Barry’s truck at 4 am, I will believe that Morgan heard a truck at 4 am. <modsnip> I was hoping somebody had the timing at their fingertips. In my head, all I have is Barry said he left at 5, and Andy saying he was communicating while rambling down the road, and the timeline doesn’t match.

Found it

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

I couldn't find a direct link but it's her October 7 podcast called
BOMBSHELL: Suzanne Morphew hubby caught searching dump for missing wife's bike helmet

At 23:00 CM from PE starts explaining how MG thought BM was there at her place at 4am to pick her up & says LS can back all this up. He explains it then NG cuts him off like she does, and introduces another guest without pursuing this further.

Then at 26:00 in, it's a clip of AM speaking with Dr. Phil, and he also brings up the texting people at 4am, trying to get them, to get a crew to Broomfield. (this was the phone call MG stated that she got, where he "changed everything at the last minute") He called it "testimony from an employee" says BM was doing this. Obviously he's referring to MG here.

So, I do believe this is what MG told LS.

I am with you on that...I HAVE found a deceased person, I have also witnessed a murder, and had a customer of ours who murdered his wife a few years ago. I wrote an anonymous letter to her father, an ex-mayor in our area, telling him why I thought that. Thankfully, LE caught up with the man, who indeed HAD murdered his wife.

None of the above experiences were pleasant, to say the least.
I too found a friend dead in his apartment. It wasn’t a pleasant experience, but I went in anyway because to me everything was pointing to something has happened to him and you can’t just call an ambulance without being sure something is wrong. He missed a dinner with friends which he would not have missed, and although everyone said he most likely just got too drunk somewhere else, I knew he would have called if that was the case. I got up after half an hour, went to his place, never hesitated to go in, and would go in every time if I suspected something is wrong or somebody needs help. Unfortunately I couldn’t help him, his heart just stopped hours earlier. The strange thing is, everybody knew he never locked his door, he made this clear to all of us, like he knew one day it would come to this.

Anyway, I’m not surprised if the neighbor went in.

Last edited:

Mark Sievers asked his neighbor, Dr. Petrites, to check on his wife Teresa Sievers.
Mark is on death row for murder . Just sayin.

MOO

Agreed, it didn't seem to surprise her that he was there, or so she thought. It was the call about getting a crew together herself, and heading up later, that surprised her.

So... why did he change everything, at the last minute?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that he used the already planned jobsite in Broomfield, to wiggle in an extra day by himself, without MG (or anyone else) being there to see what he was doing. We already know there was literally nothing at that job site that required him to be there alone, all day Sunday, and there was zero evidence apparently that he even did more than 30 minutes of work (time put in to prove he was there, see?), so clearly him needing that entire day alone, to do whatever it was that he did, was not job-related.

jmo
That she was awake at 4am IMO she was expecting him to go to work or whatever. Nobody hears a familiar truck and gets dressed at 4 am unless this is a recurring incident and she was awake listening for his truck. MOO

Yep and LE isn’t confirming anything at all which tells me they know all his movements
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member