Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I also think it's important to note that on the date SM was reported missing by a neighbor, the husband and daughters were all allegedly in different counties and/or states and CCSO would most likely require FBI's assistance to verify their locations. MOO

I'm not sure, the list of agencies assisting with the search/investigation specifically names the FBI's ERT division.
I'm not sure the ERT do any kind of investigation outside of crime scene evidence collection.
I didn't see any indication of that mentioned in the services they offer.

jmo

From CBS This Morning: "Investigators say she vanished after going for a bike ride. The bike was found the day she was reported missing, but are not releasing the condition."
Maybe not word for word, but that's what I heard. Gotta go be "essential" now, but I know y'all will keep us posted! Xoxo
JMO, MOO, ETC

It’s so frustrating that CBS is stating “investigators say she vanished after going for a bike ride”. Isn’t that straight-up untrue? Does anyone know which investigator actually said this?

Just curious. How can you tell from that, that there is no mortgage on property? Our property records in Texas do not give a lien holder if there is one. Does Colorado normally do this? Sorry if these are dumb questions to those who see/understand these documents.
I’m also wondering about that 441 sq ft VOC add on ... is that a patio leading from great room?
There is no deed of trust filed on the property (e.g., no agreement between lender and a borrower).

It’s so frustrating that CBS is stating “investigators say she vanished after going for a bike ride”. Isn’t that straight-up untrue? Does anyone know which investigator actually said this?

It's just a repeat of what was told to the police initially.
It will keep getting repeated until or unless LE come up with solid evidence that proves she never did go for a bike ride.

I know I'd sure love to have a copy of that police report. I'm sure it would clear up a lot of confusion.

IMO, LE is working off of some additional information that hasn’t been made public. It was stated that the property owner at the construction site is not connected to SM’s disappearance. That indicates to me that they have some clue as to what or who is connected.

“The property owner is not connected to Morphew’s disappearance and is cooperating with law enforcement, the news release said. Authorities wrapped up the search about 5 p.m.”

Law enforcement searching near Salida for missing Chaffee County woman
bbm
Hoping for an update today.
I know it's a holiday...

bbm
Hoping for an update today.
I know it's a holiday...

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 24, 2020

The three-day search conducted at a residence on County Road 105 on the east side of Salida has concluded. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI went to the site to follow-up on leads developed during the course of the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation.

The property owner was fully cooperative with law enforcement and not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew.

“We will continue to follow-up on leads as they are identified and vetted by sheriff’s office investigators, the CBI and FBI,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze.

Hundreds of tips related to Ms. Morphew’s case have been called to the designated tip line. The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

“Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.

There are no searches set for Monday. Additionally, there are no plans for a media briefing on Monday.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

No search and no briefing today.

There is no deed of trust filed on the property (e.g., no agreement between lender and a borrower).
De Facto liens can be accomplished in Colorado by other means, such as forming a limited liability corporation which includes both buyer and seller as officers, and setting the terms of payment, responsibility for taxes insurance and upkeep, default remedy, etc in the bylaws of the corporation, which isnot a public document. IMO

'The relative said that some of Suzanne’s family members, including at least one of Suzanne’s siblings and Barry Morphew’s mother — who Suzanne is reportedly close to — traveled to the area after Suzanne was reported missing. Suzanne’s own mother died of cancer years ago, and her father is believed to be living in Michigan. The relative did not know where Suzanne’s two daughters were staying, as police have taken possession of the Morphew’s home as part of the ongoing investigation.

The relative said they have never seen or heard about any specific issues in the Morphew’s marriage, and that the couple seemed happy. But they did indicate that Barry could be somewhat controlling.

“He’s been in charge of what happens for a long time,” they said.'

The relative said they have doubts about whether Suzanne actually went for a bike ride on May 10, as her neighbor reportedly told police. The source said they believed Suzanne’s daughters asked the neighbor to check and see if their mother’s bike was at the home.

The relative said they found it credible that Barry Morphew may have working on a landscaping job the day Suzanne was reported missing, noting that Barry is known to be ambitious in his work and eager to take on projects.

“Barry always seemed to be a good guy and a supportive husband,” the relative said. “I’d be surprised if anything happened. But sometimes we don’t know people as well as we think we do.”'

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

It would appear to me, from the wording, that the first investigative officer on the scene would have been the first to actually say it, but the actual statement was written the next day and signed by Sheriff John Spezze. I might further note that it was quite likely written after her bicycle had been found and processed as evidence. JMO
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

I'm not presuming anyone is a suspect; this is a question about Colorado in general. I'm in NJ, and we've been in lockdown for 2 months, though we are slowly opening back up now. Anyway, our hotels have been closed. So, my question is, were hotels/motels allowing guests in Denver/Colorado on Mother's Day weekend? I'm not sure how other states were dealing with the pandemic.

Appears they weren’t shutdown by the order. No idea though, if some did shutdown voluntarily.

Governor rules hotels essential businesses in Colorado but many have already shut down as coronavirus destroys demand

I'll say it again, one of the strangest missing persons case I've seen here on WS.

After that intensive search at BM's construction sight, there's little doubt to me that LE is focused on him. They absolutely have evidence to indicate that Suzanne could have been there, at least enough to convince a Judge to sign off on the warrant. They aren't going to spend the resources and $$$ if there wasn't a reasonable chance.

That tells me LE knows there was foul play, has a POI/suspect in mind and are desperately trying to recover Suzanne's body. This may end up no body case, which can still be prosecuted and won with enough circumstantial evidence. In Kelsey Berreth's case, there were 'voluminous' amounts once the trail started that we never dreamed about.

I wonder if human remains dogs hit somewhere in the house, near the bike/recovered 'personal item' or even on BM's vehicle?

MOO
#FindSuzanneMorphew
Great post!!

Finally caught up, so many great posts overnight! After the whirlwind of the last few days, it's back to rethinking actual fact vs rumors. And as some many have pointed out, it's what's not said or done that can indicate possibilities. Firstly, I'm assuming that BM was source of information to the family that he was in Denver on Mothers Day and we have seen no confirmation of this. That is a big problem for me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid