CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Otto, I have just read about 8 articles trying to find a specific area. All said the same thing- the dive team searched several water ways for Suzanne.

There was a photo of the dive team searching a lake near her home, but I'll be darned if I can find that article with the photo in it! They did search several areas with water, though, according to the articles I went through. I am posting one of them that I just read now so you can see for yourself. I'll keep looking for the article with the dive team in the lake- it was in the first week of her disappearance, so this could take me awhile!

Home of missing Chaffee County woman released back to family

Shortly after her disappearance, investigators searched the Mayville area after deputies found a personal item belonging to Morphew. Dive teams also searched nearby bodies of water, with no results.

2. otto

otto Verified Expert

Are you referring to the yellow police tape near the parking lot that was in the video?

Feistyomi, Kyte, Fireflize and 3 others like this.
  3. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

Her daughters surely described the bike to her. Just the color and type would be enough to identify it if it was found abandoned nearby, on the same day she went missing. JMO

4. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you. Over the last several years, there are quite a few cases where LE have not named POI's even though the term has no legal significance. They also have not named suspects. The goal is to preserve the integrity of the investigation and evidence for trial and not to get a conviction in the court of public opinion.

JMO

5. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Just wanted to point out that the article states that BM laid mud prior to her disappearance, not Mother's day weekend. There have been several discussions on here about when he did the work but AFAIK we don't have a confirmation of exactly when it was done.. JMO.

6. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

The CCSD attached 2 photos to their press release dated Sunday 5/17.

May 17 Search Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

7. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

bbm
    Ita.
    This bolded ^^^^
    Just because some said she was known to take a ride in the a.m. before church.
    Unless they can back it up or at least come forward.....

8. MemPat

MemPat Without Art the Earth is just Eh!

We kind of knew Jayme's parents didn't do it because they were dead.
    BM is alive and behaving oddly.
    LE seems to have leads they're exploring and that's just the few we've heard about.
    They know more.
    MOO

9. otto

otto Verified Expert

Thank you! I came to the same conclusion - no specific waterway search locations. I was hoping that knowing which water areas were searched would help refine where her bike was located. No such luck.

10. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

No. I referring to the reports by Crime On Line, Nancy Grace and other MSM that "personal items were found 2,000 feet from her house". If you refer toward the beginning of this thread, I posted a Google Earth Aerial View featuring a red circle of 2000 foot radius from the house. IMO

AnnaGrace, Feistyomi, Kyte and 7 others like this.
  11. MyBelle

Well, their neighborhood is pretty vast. Isn't the Internet a way to more quickly disseminate information about a missing person than a telephone pole? How is the family supposed to know what SM was wearing if they didn't see her that morning? Her face is all over the internet. Is the color of her shirt that important? I don't think so.

JMO

12. otto

otto Verified Expert

The problem I see with that location - video of yellow police tape near parking lot that you posted upthread - is that she wouldn't have cycled there to get from the house to the trail.

upload_2020-5-27_0-0-44.png

upload_2020-5-27_0-1-2.png

Feistyomi, Fireflize, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  13. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

BBM: And, considering they were out there searching at the job site for at least a day before the public learned of it... (and the state troopers up on 50-240) ...it seems they would have been happier to keep that information out of the news, too. In some ways, I wish the news hadn't caught on to those 2 moves by LE. They seemed to have wanted to keep it out of the news and no doubt they had a very good reason for that.

14. otto

otto Verified Expert

Same location - the parking lot that was not enroute between her house and Foose's Creek?
    616 meters is 2011 feet.

Ideally, I would want to put a radius around the bike.

upload_2020-5-27_0-6-13.png

upload_2020-5-27_0-13-14.png

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  15. MyBelle

Many suspected Jayme Closs had a boyfriend and she was willingly involved in her parent's murder just as some now think BM is "behaving oddly."

It's important to separate opinion from fact. I have seen no proof whatsoever that BM is "behaving oddly."

JMO

16. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

Try the CCSO's FB page, March 17 Press Release. I don't recognize the the body of water in the first pic. The second one is Fooses Lake IMO

Feistyomi, Fireflize, cody22 and 3 others like this.
  17. Steelslady

I found the photo that was used in another article that said the dive team was in a lake. I can't find that article, I am sorry, otto, I tried, but this photo was captioned as them being in a lake elsewhere:

[​IMG]

The photo comes from this article:

Home of missing Chaffee County woman released back to family

You have to scroll way down to find this photo, so I posted it just so folks can see it without going crazy looking for it.

I don't know if this helps, otto!

18. Steelslady

THANK YOU, @Dave F. !!!!! I have been going out of my mind searching for it. I found it in my post above this one, but I am so glad you pointed out which article!

@otto

Feistyomi, Kyte, NoSI and 5 others like this.
  19. otto

otto Verified Expert

20. Steelslady

otto- look at this page and find the post on May 17th. Thanks to @Dave F. for telling me where to find the photos of the lake and other waterway they searched. There are two photos in the comments section.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

AnnaGrace, Feistyomi, Kyte and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.