Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're right, now that I look back at articles I'm not finding it stated like that, but I was sure I'd seen it. I've found this:

"The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana.

A woman at the house on Monday declined to give her name but said she and her husband had come to support Morphew and look for Suzanne.

It is not known where the couple's daughters are currently staying. "

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

Maybe I just took that to mean they were not staying where he is, since the source seemed pretty certain about where BM was staying. Maybe that was my incorrect interpretation.

I also found this:

"The relative said that some of Suzanne’s family members, including at least one of Suzanne’s siblings and Barry Morphew’s mother — who Suzanne is reportedly close to — traveled to the area after Suzanne was reported missing. Suzanne’s own mother died of cancer years ago, and her father is believed to be living in Michigan. The relative did not know where Suzanne’s two daughters were staying, as police have taken possession of the Morphew’s home as part of the ongoing investigation.

I think they are being protected,” the source said."

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

I really thought someone on here had also mentioned something about the daughters not staying with BM at this time, but I'm not sure. From the reports it just sounds to me like they're staying at a place separate from the dad, although maybe not necessarily to be protected from him, maybe just protected from the media. MOO, JMO, and mods let me know if this is not allowed.

@ventuc,
I also remember hearing something about where the girls lived, but I think it came from the same source that put out the crazy rumor of he killed her in the basement / mistress involve / a body found etc...

The bike.

I've moved here in the past year. Bikes are gold here as we've found. You must keep your garage closed at all times. If you chain your bike it can't be with a basic chain as it will just be cut and gone. SM had a very nice bike - the kind that would be of big value. I'm no longer on "team she was on a bike ride" that bike would never sit on a trail bridge in Colorado unattended long. Even if it was damaged for some reason. Zero chance. IMO

So interesting! Definitely only something a local would know. There is always local talk also, inside understandings...

I may have missed this info somewhere but did they say if she had her phone? It already seems weird to me that on Mothers day her Kids were not their, her husband was gone and if she went on her bike without a phone I think that would be a huge red flag.
To my knowledge, nothing has been said about her phone being found or if it was at home.

Not sure what prompted their move, but in my area, I know several people who came here for college (or jobs), parents come out and visit, and the next thing you know, mom and dad fall in love with the area and end up relocating here too. I don't know if that's the case with the Morphews, but I've seen it happen here in the beachy/coastal communities. I saw some meme a few weeks ago that joked that moving to Colorado is the male version of women getting bangs... maybe BM wanted a lifestyle change.
As someone who lives in Indiana, and about the same age as BM/SM, I can see a lot of appeal in a move to Colorado. If one is an outdoorsman, Colorado is a BMW and Indiana is Plymouth Voyager minivan circa 1992. JMO.

I think LE must have been in the middle of some investigation or other BEFORE SM went missing. They jumped on it so fast, and sent it in a clear direction from the beginning. They didn't even give the public a current photo. This tells me they already had an info bank that meant they didn't have to feel around for a direction at all.
hhhmmmmmm. You might be on to something.

I think a bit too much is being made of her cancer treatments. As a person with a loved one (and many friends) who survived cancer treatment, I can say those people are winners. They have a lot to live for and a lot of gratitude for still being around. I don't think we can assume she was despondent, etc. based on the fact that she was ill and recovered. So many people go through this, and she's clearly a person who lives a healthy lifestyle and enjoyed being active. In my mind, that has nothing to do with her disappearance. Just my opinion.

There is no description of her bike.
None.
Not even the color.

Nothing official, anyway.
Ok, I'm realizing I may have broken the rules now? If so I apologize. I was speaking on what we found previously but if that was taken down I don't know how to check. I just know I'm a cyclist here. And this story is not adding up. IMO

I completely agree that there is no way SM would have left on a solo bike ride without a phone and/weapon. It’s simply not reasonable IMO
Biking is not a weapons kind of a thing. And, in many outdoor recreation places, including major trails, weapons are forbidden. Some people carry bear spray. Anyone who's experienced prepares well with their 10 essentials, extra bike tools, etc. The likeliest thing to go wrong is injury or weather-induced calamity; a weapon is no use in those situations, and, in fact, would be a great burden because of its weight and bulk.

She could have been kidnapped from home. I think it's odd that articles refer to it as "her" house because it makes it sound like she lives there alone. She's a very pretty woman and people say she's very kind, very friendly, very helpful. Some people take those traits and twist them the wrong way. Maybe there was some evidence of struggle in the house pointing to non-family person and that's why the plea to possible abductor/s.

When I think of car vs bike and what could happen (here, get in my car, let's just get you to the hospital) and then she's taken to someone's home like in Misery by Stephen King.

Could have been a domestic issue that turned violent and an accidental death and cover up.

My imagination can go wild with very few details :(

So you're saying that a bike that cost say, $300.00 is not a serious bike for serious cyclists? You have to have more than one to be seriously into cycling?
Just saying most serious cyclists have more than one bike. We don’t know if that is the only bike she had. From the cyclists I know in Colorado, probably they have six or more bikes each.

I’m not saying she wasn’t a serious cyclist. That isn’t my point. I am just wondering if she had multiple bikes, and if so, which bike was missing. And would it be readily obvious that a bike was missing?

And did she train with a team? Ride with a group? What were her ties to the cycling community? Why haven’t we heard from people she rode with? Trained with?

And a $3,000 bike isn’t all that expensive for a serious cyclist. I am sure the average cost is double that. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LyssBear93