Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was SM working outside the home? She is the one with a compromised immune system if the reports she had twice recovered from cancer are true.

JMO
I wish I could post what I've read, but I can't provide a link to substantiate. IMO, she may have subbed at a local preschool occasionally. But likely not after CV-19 hit.
I appreciate your posts, but we'll not come to a resolution on this CV-19 topic so I'm out.

The map is a screenshot from the mapping extension of the Chaffee County Property Search site. SM's house is on Puma Path, which is labeled in the lower center because that is what I searched for. As you can see, only the handful of properties in their small subdivision are private property. All of the surrounding area, including most of the searched area, is most likely federal lands. IMO

The link is provided for verification of the source, but because there are two disclaimer / waivers acting as gateways to the specific map I have posted, it may not work. Go to the Chaffee County Assessor Property Search results page for the surname, and click on the "MAP" button in the header toolbar. The rest of the pathway is self-instructive.
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Map

Is this the lake that they searched, next to the dam?

qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Map

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-26_21-13-35.png
    upload_2020-5-26_21-13-35.png
    586 KB · Views: 46
  • upload_2020-5-26_21-14-52.png
    upload_2020-5-26_21-14-52.png
    850.5 KB · Views: 49
  • upload_2020-5-26_21-15-10.png
    upload_2020-5-26_21-15-10.png
    850.5 KB · Views: 42
I think the initial concern was that she'd had a mountain biking accident.

This is borderline wilderness, not urban. IMO a sheriff in rural Colorado who promoted a stranger abduction theory to the public, without any evidence to back it up like an eye witness, would be seen as an idiot by everyone.

Because of course, everyone's thinking, did the husband do it? That's not like some secret, far out theory that's only occurred to a rare few. Everyone knows all the previous cases, all the previous headlines.

Of course police are suspicious of the husband, that's law enforcement rule #1 for any unexplained disappearance of any woman anywhere in the world: Look at the partner. Again, the Sheriff would be an absolute idiot if he didn't..."Gee, the husband, I never thought of that!"

But that doesn't mean they have any evidence at all to bolster that possibility in this particular case.
ITA. I think LE has had more than enough time to check the husband's alibi and phone records. If he proves he was elsewhere, it doesn't mean he wasn't involved but it does point to a stranger abduction scenario which could include a hired hit. BM obviously has access to money.

JMO

Thanks. That shows someone has an agenda of causing serious harm. How busy have those mountain trails been during Covid-19? I think it very possible this was a crime of opportunity.

JMO

On March 17, 2019 Governor Jared Polis posted on the Governor's FB page that people were strongly urged to get out in the open, away from crowds of people, getting the benefits of fresh air and exercise. He listed Hiking, Biking, Running, Snowshoeing, Fishing and Birdwatching as encouraged activities, in that order.
Sorry, I'm of the opinion that I can't link to the official Colorado State Governor Facebook page. IMO

Last edited:
Wondering if LE requested to review the Morphew daughters cell phones... if only to complete a record of timeline communications between daughters and parents.

Morphew house:
Desktop, laptop computers, tablets? → Internet searches?
Security system records? → House occupied on MD? → For how long?

How did daughters expect neighbor to check on their mother?
A simple knock on the door?
Does any neighbor have a key to the Morphew house?
Does any neighbor know any Morphew phone numbers?
Did the neighbor see something inside/outside house?
Did neighbor see SM bike at house and no answer at door make her call 911?

Just a thought...
Only 28 seconds of video for a virtual lifetime?

:(

But that doesn't mean they have any evidence at all to bolster that possibility in this particular case.
Snipped for focus

Actually, we don't know what evidence LE has in their possession, whether it is physical (the second personal item found) or digital.

As far as following their actions and not their words --which have been sparse -- they acted from the beginning with fervor.
They're not leaning towards an abduction; imo.
Nor an animal attack.
Which leaves us where ?
A possible money dispute ?
A relationship disaster ?
Whatever LE have as far as evidence... I think it could be a huge amount, and might surprise us.

MOO

Good point. We really don't know the specifics at all. I thought I read that she had finished treatments while they were still living in Indiana, around 2018, but I could be wrong.

Friends in Colorado who have made comments about how friendly and kind she is have not mentioned anything about Suzanne not doing well. (healthwise)
Was it just rumor that she had just received an ALL CLEAR from doctor very recently? I thought nephew TN told us this? I’m going to go search ...

That quote is in reference to that property they searched last weekend. The owner was not a suspect in any crime.

It’s not related to law enforcement releasing the Morphew home.
How do you know the owner of that property is not a suspect in any crime? LE has not named any POI's or suspects in this case, including the husband.

JMO

We know the husband didn’t call the neighbor or the police. If he did check on her, I’m bewildered that he wasn’t dropping everything to locate her.

Bewildered is my feeling as well. For someone who has been reported in MSM as being “in charge of what happens for a long time”, it’s odd that during one of the biggest and scariest moments of all, he was glaringly absent from all the reports we have read regarding who was attempting to contact/locate SM, or contacting authorities.

JMO IMO MOO

Attaching article for quote referenced
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Did she dial 911 because she SAW the bike in ravine or under bridge? I’ve seen and read so much since then ... but IIRC she saw or found bike??? Which is what made her call 911 almost immediately, right?
Also probably the reason why everyone assumes she went on a bike ride. What if girls called and just asked her to go check on Mom because she wasn’t answering ... and on the way she found the bike. If it’s true bike riders normally have several bikes ... would she even know IF SM bike was missing? Lord I wouldn’t.
Did she drive around looking for her when she didn’t answer the door? Did she have a key to their house? Did she go inside?
I’d love to talk that woman! Nothing against current reporters but I miss Sam K!
BBM:

I don't think the identity of the person who found SM's bike on Sunday has been made public.

I haven't seen anything in MSM re: the neighbor being the one to find the bike.

What's been reported is that SM's daughters called the neighbor and asked her to check on SM.

JMO.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the list of Verified Experts/Professionals who are posting in this thread.

I have edited my earlier post to include all the user IDs, and have added the list to the opening post of this thread.

giphy.gif
This is so cool!!!!

How do you know the owner of that property is not a suspect in any crime? LE has not named any POI's or suspects in this case, including the husband.

JMO

Probably because several bulletins of the Chaffee County Sheriff have said:
"The property owner was fully cooperative with law enforcement and not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew."
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Well though... I think we all know the sheriff never entertained the thought for one moment that this was an abduction case even though abductions obviously do occur. He would have naturally, imo, have assumed accident at first before abduction imo. But, I agree with those who say something was found very early on that pointed the investigation in an entirely different direction when the sheriff felt it was not an accident at all and so, he never even had the chance to consider abduction. He skipped that and went straight to foul play.

ETA: I'd like to say it was when the bike was discovered and something about it was "wrong" for an accident as the cause... but I don't know if the bike was discovered so, that's where the frustration comes in.

BBM. I don't know what notions the Sheriff has entertained. LE belief that foul play is involved is because they can't rule it out. That alone isn't proof of the perp. All LE can do in these cases is follow the evidence.

JMO

I believe the neighbor is telling the truth about the bike ride.

A neighbor called 911 that same day to report that Morphew had gone for a bike ride and never returned. The CBI and Federal Bureau of Investigation have since joined search and investigation efforts.

On May 15, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said investigators had discovered an item on May 14 that could possibly belong to Suzanne while searching the area west of County Road 225 and U.S. Highway 50 outside of Maysville. Searches on May 14 and 15 yielded no other leads, Spezze said.

CBI says home of Suzanne Morphew released back to family

BBM- I believe her too, no doubt JC is telling the truth. She is obviously an excellent neighbor, not a peep out of her in the media. That's very honorable in this day & age.

IMO, she was contacted by the daughter(s) and told about the bike ride. IMO, the daughter(s) received that suggestion/information from BM.

My basis for not believing she went on a bike ride comes straight from CCSO. The only time a bike ride was mentioned was in the May 11th & May 13th press releases.

There have been 15 subsequent press releases since May 13th, not one of them mentions a bike ride or even a bike for that matter. If LE felt this was key in Suzanne's disappearance, wouldn't they reference it in their press releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie