GUILTY CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested* *1 minor guilty*

This case is really disturbing and feels like a hate crime. The photo of the suspects is really chilling. I don't know if they wore masks in case someone saw them at the time or they knew about the security cameras. If it is the later, I would imagine LE is looking who knew the residents of the house.

This case is really disturbing and feels like a hate crime. The photo of the suspects is really chilling. I don't know if they wore masks in case someone saw them at the time or they knew about the security cameras. If it is the later, I would imagine LE is looking who knew the residents of the house.
I agree that it is a hate crime.

I find, that in Denver, the police are usually tight-lipped about their investigations. We had a murder on the pedestrian bridge over I-25 and there was hardly any news coverage. I figured nobody even cared. Then a few weeks later, it was solved. Hopefully, that will happen with this one.

This is disgusting. Do we know how how long the family has been in Colorado and if they had jobs? Did they even have time to make friends there?

My first thought is it’s a hate crime.
That’s my only thought.
I agree that it is a hate crime.
Lets hope the police are more open minded.

Sure, it could be a hate crime. The crime could just as easily be based on a relationship with an extended family.

At the end of the day, it has been demonstrated time and time again that monsters do not need to originate from outside the family setting. Rather, family settings can provide a lot more motives for murder.

Likewise, I would investigate how the family immigrated to the United States. Legal, illegal and quasi legal immigration can involve big debts to various unsavory people acting as facilitators, sponsors or brokers of one kind or another.

A certain number of these people are linked to organized crime groups that usually prey on their own communities. Some can get extremely violent if debts are not paid.

Last edited:
Relationship with whom?
Extended family members?

The victims were from a traditional society. It is not uncommon for families in these nations to be large. Likewise, the concept of who is considered to be "immediate family" can include large numbers of various types of cousins and in laws. Of course, not everybody in these nations follows this social structure, but a certain number do.

The husband went to university here in Colorado.

Tuition is expensive for everybody. If he came to the United States as a foreign student, he would also need to pay out of state tuition.

There are wealthy African families who have sufficient resources to pay tuition at any school in the country, up to and including elite schools here or in France and United Kingdom.

Other foreign students from developing countries, however, need to borrow the money. On some occasions, the money is provided by organized groups with the expectation that the money be re-paid (plus interest) when work is found in the US.

I doubt the interest rate demanded by these groups is the 1% currently offered by banks. Likewise, re-payment can involve money, future work obligations, or providing other forms of assistance to the group when "asked".

These groups can not only get extremely violent, but are also known to make increased demands on people that were not in the original agreement. Though most of the violence is directed against those being smuggled in the US and held at "drop houses", it may also extend to white collar student borrowers.

Last edited:
Tuition is expensive for everybody. If he came to the United States as a foreign student, he would also need to pay out of state tuition.

There are wealthy African families who have sufficient resources to pay tuition at any school in the country, up to and including elite schools here or in France and United Kingdom.

Other foreign students from developing countries, however, need to borrow the money. On some occasions, the money is provided by organized groups with the expectation that the money be re-paid (plus interest) when work is found in the US.

I doubt the interest rate demanded by these groups is the 1% currently offered by banks. Likewise, re-payment can involve money, future work obligations, or providing other forms of assistance to the group when "asked".

These groups can not only get extremely violent, but are also known to make increased demands on people that were not in the original agreement. Though most of the violence is directed against those being smuggled in the US and held at "drop houses", it may also extend to white collar student borrowers.
That's a very interesting perspective. I Know the father was paying out of state tuition when he first got here but he worked for a year and was granted in state tuition after that. He was working to pay for school from the very beginning.

That's a very interesting perspective. I Know the father was paying out of state tuition when he first got here but he worked for a year and was granted in state tuition after that. He was working to pay for school from the very beginning.
Those circumstances would seem to reduce, but not eliminate the possibility of debt to a brokering / smuggling group.

Years ago I knew a foreign software engineer who worked very, very long hours as a contractor for a "body broker" (company supplies temporary engineers) . When I questioned him about the hours and the possibility of leaving, he flatly said he could not leave. He never told me if this due to immigration regulations or for something else.

Exploitive, even slave like labor arrangements with brokering / smuggling groups are common in hair weaving salons in the New York area: Held as slaves, now free - CNN.com

I don't know if groups impose exploitive work obligations on white collar workers, but they could given my former co-worker's work arrangement. Even still, the chances seem less for this particular victim.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back