CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
These charges are for Johnson County. In Bartholomew County he has a compliance hearing on 7/20. That's re his public indecency charge. He got 90 days in jail with credit for 19 days served. If you search without his middle name you should come up with this County.
So looks like he has to make his way back to Indiana in 7 days, and then get back to Colorado in another 3 days after that....

Except if I remember correctly, Indiana agreed to drop probation if he moved to Colorado.

Except if I remember correctly, Indiana agreed to drop probation if he moved to Colorado.
Yes, you are correct, JoCo County IN

Now you guys are confusing me... this is what I have for Johnson County:

Pled guilty to charges below on 5/2/18: Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (1 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & Surety of $1000. 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended requires a knowing violation and a prior conviction of Sec. 1, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia; 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana. $1k Cash only. Will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge. (DN is considered a NON compliant Sex Offender.) Active/Pending Compliance hearing on Oct. 29th @ 9am

And here's what I put together for the El Paso County charges:

El Paso County, CO - Charged with 2 counts of felony menacing, possession of a weapon by a previous offender & trespassing re Monument area (8/23/17). Judge ordered him to serve 2 year suspended sentence, with 3 years supervised probation. One charge of menacing & charge of trespassing were dropped. Required to get mental health & substance abuse evaluation. If he breaks probation will automatically spend 2 years in prison. Plead guilty 1/5/18. Had hearing on 7/11/18 re these charges.

Is this correct? So the outcome of this is that he is compiling with probation stuff & is walking the streets of Colorado....

Now.... for Teller County - is just the kids & divorce. Right? LOL!

And here's what I put together for the El Paso County charges:

El Paso County, CO - Charged with 2 counts of felony menacing, possession of a weapon by a previous offender & trespassing re Monument area (8/23/17). Judge ordered him to serve 2 year suspended sentence, with 3 years supervised probation. One charge of menacing & charge of trespassing were dropped. Required to get mental health & substance abuse evaluation. If he breaks probation will automatically spend 2 years in prison. Plead guilty 1/5/18. Had hearing on 7/11/18 re these charges.

Is this correct? So the outcome of this is that he is compiling with probation stuff & is walking the streets of Colorado....

Now.... for Teller County - is just the kids & divorce. Right? LOL!

It depends what counts as breaking probation. If he declined to reveal he had warrants from another state and they come get him like they did, is that breaking probation?

Also, maybe he doesn't have to be at the compliance hearing in In as long as his PD attends and deals with it. He will have to report to probation office weekly and have the mental health check if he hasn't already.

If he is now walking the streets, perhaps there will be a media interview soon?

MOO

No, it’s not violation probation to not disclose prior warrants, as the individual can be totally unaware of the warrants.

Violating probation would be not coming to a scheduled meeting, committing a new crime, not disclosing a new crime to a PO, failing a drug test, etc.

It depends what counts as breaking probation. If he declined to reveal he had warrants from another state and they come get him like they did, is that breaking probation?

Also, maybe he doesn't have to be at the compliance hearing in In as long as his PD attends and deals with it. He will have to report to probation office weekly and have the mental health check if he hasn't already.

If he is now walking the streets, perhaps there will be a media interview soon?

MOO

No, it’s not violation probation to not disclose prior warrants, as the individual can be totally unaware of the warrants.

Violating probation would be not coming to a scheduled meeting, committing a new crime, not disclosing a new crime to a PO, failing a drug test, etc.

Isn't FTA a new crime? He would know that he had absconded from 3 separate incidents.

Isn't FTA a new crime? He would know that he had absconded from 3 separate incidents.

FTA is not the same thing as violation of probation. Violation of probation can be a multitude of legal issues that occurred, as I mentioned above.

FTA is failure to appear for court, not failure to appear for probation. It does not matter if DN knew that he had to show for a hearing; if he is physically unable, then he cannot he violated. MOO, as I cannot access his court records, but I’m betting that is why he was released Wednesday. He was literally extradited on a charge that was a clerical error.

If El Paso County has bothered to search for DN in custody, his violation of probation would never have occurred, and he would not have been extradited.

This is why I almost wondered if he’d face new charges in EL Paso county. I mean, how could the county be so pathetically disorganized that it signs off on a warrant for an individual, spends the money to extradite him, and then does so, only to discover the next morning that the charges are crap. You can’t charge someone for not showing for probation when they’re in custody. Period. Not MOO.

If you could, then the system would collapse due to the thousands of criminals who break the rules of probation when they were unable to uphold those rules. Nothing about DN being extradited made any sense.

The governor signs off on warrants of extradition. So...no one in the governor’s office checked to see if DN was in custody? No one read the local news? No one involved in DN’s case had any clue what was going on with DN? It was local breaking news. This makes zero sense. Extradition is expensive. Whomever was involved with his extradition, whoever is responsible for bringing him to El Paso county, should be fired. It was a waste of tax payer money, no? What do you think they paid for that?

If there is truly nothing fishy going on, then everyone involved in DN’s case, from the judge who heard a child say DN chased him with a hatchet on Mt Herman but decided to give him probation, to the people who extradited him to Colorado to be that much closer to the Community he tormented in the Fall and whose names are still on Facebook in public posts, should be terminated immediately.

Last edited:
This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion of Tim's case at Thread #3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member