CO - Two University of Colorado-CS students shot to death in dorm room, homicide suspected - Colorado Springs, 17 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s what was said in Idaho after the 4 students were murdered there in November 2022. And that was not right!

I think the term no ongoing threat is if there is just one location for a murder and it is not at a public place, the perpetrator has not been identified, then it is reasonable to assume that it is a one place one time shooting.

They have to use some logic in proclaiming that and they are almost always correct

There is a huge problem with maturity and people not learning how to deal with disappointment and anger.

There is no reason in the world a 20 year old should think the solution is shooting someone. They ruin their own entire life.

I've never even WANTED to shoot someone. NEVER even thought of it as a solution to anything.

Sorry for my rant, but so many of these killings are so senseless.

At 6 am he may have been drunk and banging at the door possibly him knowing this guy spent the night with his room mate. Maybe he was drunk and they wouldn't let him in and he made a lot of noise and was seen by others before he barged in and shot them. Just a possibility

This is just pure speculation... 6 am shooting is the key to this one.
This doesn't make a lot of sense. The female victim was not a student at the university; the male victim was. The shooter was "a roommate of one of the victims" according to news stories; since the female victim wasn't a student, the shooter and the male victim had to be roommates.

MOO the shooter & female victim were in a relationship (or he thought they were) and shooter found out she was with the male victim.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. The female victim was not a student at the university; the male victim was. The shooter was "a roommate of one of the victims" according to news stories; since the female victim wasn't a student, the shooter and the male victim had to be roommates.

MOO the shooter & female victim were in a relationship (or he thought they were) and shooter found out she was with the male victim.

Good thinking there @Occam's Zebra , that sounds very logical.

Maybe the young woman spent the night with the music major and the shooter discovered where she was, knocked on the door at 6AM and then shot them both.

I wonder if the perpetrator made a loud commotion banging on the door or yelling and that woke everyone up everyone else on their floor and they were able to put an eye on the guy to identify him?

Sadly, not proud of this at all, but: I had a very similar situation in college. Spent the night with a girl student who lived off campus, her boyfriend (that she never told me about), came in her place at 3AM while we were in a compromised position.

He got mad and was furious. But I was a lot physically bigger than he was and he retreated. I then got the heck out of there fast... never to talk to that girl ever again.

Imagine what could have happened to me?? But then again. people didn't carry guns around back in 1982 like they do now.

At 6 a.m., was NJ just returning home to his dorm room that he shared with SK? It was a Thursday night, often popular with college/university students as the beginning of their weekend and going out to bars, clubs, etc. Could SK and CM gone back to SK's dorm room when the bars closed and fallen asleep with NJ not being home? If they got to the dorm room at 3 a.m. and NJ never returned, then maybe they just fell asleep at some point before NJ showed up at 6 a.m. Alternatively, maybe SK and CM were in a romantic relationship and NJ wasn't expected to be home that night?

Or were all three of them at a bar that night and there had been a disagreement among them.
Were drugs involved?

When NJ returned to his dorm room at 6 a.m., why was he carrying a firearm? It sounds premeditated.

Just thinking out loud, considering various possibilities. I am sure there are many more.

Maybe the young woman spent the night with the music major and the shooter discovered where she was, knocked on the door at 6AM and then shot them both.

I wonder if the perpetrator made a loud commotion banging on the door or yelling and that woke everyone up everyone else on their floor and they were able to put an eye on the guy to identify him?
But why would NJ knock on the door when he would have a key because it was his room that SK and CM were in. He could have just used his key and entered the room, he didn't need to knock and alert anyone.

The man suspected in the deadly shooting of two people in a Colorado university dorm room was the roommate of one of the two victims, police said on Feb. 20.

Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez confirmed to NBC News that suspect Nicholas Jordan, 25, was the roommate of University of Colorado at Colorado Springs senior Samuel Kopp.

Jordan of Detroit was arrested Feb. 19 on two counts of first-degree murder, police said in a statement. He was a student at the school, according to the university.

He was being held on $1 million bond and was expected in court Feb. 20, according to jail records. NBC News could not find an attorney listed to speak on Jordan's behalf.

Suspect in Colorado dorm shooting identified as victim's roommate, police say

Updated Feb. 20, 2024

Nicholas Jordan is a 25-year-old University of Colorado student who is accused in the double homicide of Samuel Knopp and Celie Montgomery in a Colorado Springs-dorm room.

On February 19, police announced that a suspect is in custody and identified him as Jordan. Jordan is a student, CBS News reported. The University of Colorado – Colorado Springs also named Jordan as the suspect in an alert to students.

According to jail booking records, the suspect’s full name is Nicholas Trevon Jordan. His bond is listed as $1 million.

Here’s what you need to know:

More at link...

Colorado College Student Nicholas Jordan Shot 2 People in Dorm Room, Police Say

Updated Feb 19, 2024

Yeh, good point. I guess I have no idea what actually happened and am just guessing (badly).
We all are! I wonder what time the arraignment hearing is today for the suspect, Nicholas Jordan (NJ) and if we will get any more details.

Edited to add: I see that @arielilane has posted a link to the arraignment today at 1:30 p.m Colorado Springs time.

Correction: It's not an arraignment hearing. It's a "first appearance" hearing.

Last edited:
But why would NJ knock on the door when he would have a key because it was his room that SK and CM were in. He could have just used his key and entered the room, he didn't need to knock and alert anyone.
IMO, shooter may have recently been kicked out of the dorm or something like that, which officials aren't revealing, hence his rage at roommate who may have complained about him.

JMO

At 6 a.m., was NJ just returning home to his dorm room that he shared with SK? It was a Thursday night, often popular with college/university students as the beginning of their weekend and going out to bars, clubs, etc. Could SK and CM gone back to SK's dorm room when the bars closed and fallen asleep with NJ not being home? If they got to the dorm room at 3 a.m. and NJ never returned, then maybe they just fell asleep at some point before NJ showed up at 6 a.m. Alternatively, maybe SK and CM were in a romantic relationship and NJ wasn't expected to be home that night?

Or were all three of them at a bar that night and there had been a disagreement among them.
Were drugs involved?

When NJ returned to his dorm room at 6 a.m., why was he carrying a firearm? It sounds premeditated.

Just thinking out loud, considering various possibilities. I am sure there are many more.
I came across an SK's facebook page, he was originally from Ann Arbor, MI...the suspect, NJ, was from Detroit, MI. I wonder if the two knew each other previously, and maybe that's why they were roommates or it could just be a coincidence that both were from SE Michigan.

I came across an SK's facebook page, he was originally from Ann Arbor, MI...the suspect, NJ, was from Detroit, MI. I wonder if the two knew each other previously, and maybe that's why they were roommates or it could just be a coincidence that both were from SE Michigan.
I had the same thought, initially, but then I saw that SK went to high school in Colorado, so I assumed that it was just a coincidence that SK was born in Ann Arbor and NJ was from Detroit. I didn't see NJ as a "friend" on SK's Facebook page, although I didn't do a complete search, SK had so many friends! Seems like everyone he ever met was a friend on his Facebook page.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back