CO CO - Violet Newman, 57, Arapahoe County, Oct. 25, 1980.

Tagging @othram in case this a case with DNA potential. :)

DNA collected, per Arapahoe County Investigators, did yield full DNA profile. I’ve inquired about testing again with modern DNA and forensic technology
and the response I’ve received was “new DNA technology is being considered” which leads me to believe there is still viable sample and/or genetic profile available for Forensic Investigative Genetic Genealogy (FIGG) potential.

Attachments

• Welcome to Arapahoe County, CO - Official Website.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
35 years after brutal murder, search for killer continues
http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...-murder-search-for-killer-continues/74611106/

attachment.php

" - It's been 35 years since the brutal murder of a mother, and Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office investigators are still looking for her killer.

Around 5 p.m. on Oct. 25, 1980, Violet Newman, a 57-year-old married mother of four, left from work at what was then the Southglenn Mall."

Snip

"Hikers found Violet's body in the Castlewood Canyon around 2:15 p.m. the next day. Violet was nude, and covered in a plain white sheet. She had been shot once in the head. Investigators determined she may have been sexually assaulted."

Snip

"Deputies found her station wagon three blocks from Violet's home. Investigators say a witness described the man parking her vehicle as a young, white man, who was alone. They estimate the car was parked there between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Oct. 25.

The same day, a woman reported being approached by a male with a firearm, demanding a ride, in the May D&F parking lot. He's described as a white man with short red hair, and a pug nose. Investigators don't know for sure if he is related to the case, but say there may be some connection between this man and Violet's murder."

Thank you for starting this thread! Do you wonder why the “suspect” that parked car back in Violet’s neighborhood had a police witness sketch done but NOT the witness that was allegedly and potentially connected in case from the mall parking lot? The descriptions of both are different- one having long hair and the other having short, but wouldn’t that give suspicion that the murderer did not act alone?

Last edited:
DNA collected, per Arapahoe County Investigators, did yield full DNA profile. I’ve inquired about testing again with modern DNA and forensic technology
and the response I’ve received was “new DNA technology is being considered” which leads me to believe there is still viable sample and/or genetic profile available for Forensic Investigative Genetic Genealogy (FIGG) potential.
Furthermore, I have reached out to Denver Metro Crime-stoppers to attempt to offer up award money for any leads that lead to an arrest, charges, or conviction in this case. A representative quickly responding saying they will reach out to investigators, but I haven’t heard back in over 2 weeks. #JusticeforVioletRose

OR that he was committed to the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo after all these felonies ( four felonies, also for forgery and burglary) and died while at patient in his 40’s?
OR that he died as a patient in the Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo (CMHIP) in 1998 at the age of 48 from “natural causes”?

I would like to offer up reward money for this case for any information that leads to an arrest or conviction for the murder of Violet Rose Newman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gentlegirl
Back