Cockleburs

Also we must remember the pontiac ( KC car) has hairline scratches in the rear of her car. People wondered if this was from backing into woods. I believe Ga mentioned this to LE during first doc dump. They were not there prior according to GA. Maybe those thorns did it. Does'nt it sound like were talking about Trouble with tribbles?

Those scratches could have been caused by Palmetto Palms. Those things don't grow very tall, maybe 5 or 6 ft., and the fronds are sharp. Enough to cause scratches on a car for sure.

Here in Virginia, you wouldn't have cockleburs in the summer, only in very late summer or early fall or later. Since Florida is warmer than here, I would imagine it would be even later before the burs would mature enough to be brown and prickly enough to pick up on your clothing.

Those little suckers were everywhere here. I'm still trying to pick them off clothing and backpacks !!

I started this thread because I couldn't find an "Evidence" thread.

When DH and I searched on Nov. 8th, we got covered with Cockleburs. I've washed our clothing that we wore more than 3 times now, and they still have cockleburs on them, which brings me to Cindy washing the pants. If KC went into the woods with those pants, unless Cindy pulled all the cockleburs off of them, then this may be evidence.

I hope LE has those pants and are looking for cockleburs.

I just never have believed that KC exerted herself very much in disposing of Caylee. First off, she never seems to have always worn much of anything but flip flops. Secondly, I just can't see her in the woods after dark, tromping around in mud or bushes. She would not dirty herself, IMOO.

What ever she did do, she was just lucky, IMOO - not smart. She may have driven across an isolated bridge and dumped her over. Caylee's remains may surface in the future when there is another dry spell or maybe a fisherman's lure will eventually snag her. Or she may be very near a path in an area that was not searched, covered with bramble and brush.

I never knew the real name of those little suckers. They are hard to get out of clothes and even harder to get out of a Malamute's coat!

My little 4 pound Maltese once jumped up into a cocklebur bush and got stuck. I had to pull him out and spent hours picking him clean.

I just never have believed that KC exerted herself very much in disposing of Caylee. First off, she never seems to have always worn much of anything but flip flops. Secondly, I just can't see her in the woods after dark, tromping around in mud or bushes. She would not dirty herself, IMOO.

What ever she did do, she was just lucky, IMOO - not smart. She may have driven across an isolated bridge and dumped her over. Caylee's remains may surface in the future when there is another dry spell or maybe a fisherman's lure will eventually snag her. Or she may be very near a path in an area that was not searched, covered with bramble and brush.

I agree with this. I don't see her as the type to go tromping off in the woods where there is a lot of dirt, high bushes and critters. That doesn't mean that she didn't have help. As far as the cockleburs, if they were on the pants, I think that CA is the type that would pick them off before washing them. If not, maybe there are some lingering in the washing machine or dryer, but after all this time, I think even that is highly doubtful.

Mama Bear stated found them in the car smelling like the car. washed them with the rest of her laundry on July 15th. per hr statements to LE. First doc dumps of CA interviews to LE. discusses this. Ther were also black boots. Come on all you seasoned WS friends. I'm not as keen as some of you that can whipp those docs out.

Those scratches could have been caused by Palmetto Palms. Those things don't grow very tall, maybe 5 or 6 ft., and the fronds are sharp. Enough to cause scratches on a car for sure.

Or Citrus trees. They have huge thorns on them. also there is another plant that we removed from our yard when we bought our house. They are really pretty with leaves at the tips that have colors like flowers and I can't think of the name of them right now but they have viscious thorns. They can be grown as a climbing vine or as a tree or bush (ours was the size of a tree and had thorns in places 3 to 4 inches long).

How do we know that Casey didn't wash the pants herself, before the car was abandoned?

She was washing clothes at Ricardos I think on the 10th when he left to go to work. He didn't see what clothes she was washing. per his interview with LE. Cockleburrs -- hahaha nice thought! Wish she'd have gotten redbugs and chiggers too.

I didnt know thats what those seeds are called. I always called them 'hitch hikers" lol

Or Citrus trees. They have huge thorns on them. also there is another plant that we removed from our yard when we bought our house. They are really pretty with leaves at the tips that have colors like flowers and I can't think of the name of them right now but they have viscious thorns. They can be grown as a climbing vine or as a tree or bush (ours was the size of a tree and had thorns in places 3 to 4 inches long).

Is it bougevillia (sp)?

My little 4 pound Maltese once jumped up into a cocklebur bush and got stuck. I had to pull him out and spent hours picking him clean.

Poor little thing, that must have been torture. Mals have a double coat so they get stuck under the top coat and burr into the undercoat. It pulls fur out trying to get them out, so I am getting pricked by those stupid little things and kicked by an 80lb dog. I hate those things!

I really don't see Casey out in the woods, she is more of a city kind of a gal.

also there is another plant that we removed from our yard when we bought our house. They are really pretty with leaves at the tips that have colors like flowers and I can't think of the name of them right now but they have viscious thorns. They can be grown as a climbing vine or as a tree or bush (ours was the size of a tree and had thorns in places 3 to 4 inches long).

Bouganvilla?

Poor little thing, that must have been torture. Mals have a double coat so they get stuck under the top coat and burr into the undercoat. It pulls fur out trying to get them out, so I am getting pricked by those stupid little things and kicked by an 80lb dog. I hate those things!

I really don't see Casey out in the woods, she is more of a city kind of a gal.

I agree, Casey most likely did not dispose of the body in the woods. She could have dumped Caylee in almost any dumpster or body of water in the Orlando area, that's what makes the search so impossible.

I think I would have shaved that Malamute. I've seen their fuzzy undercoats and can imagine what a job removing the burrs must have been. :eek:

Is it bougevillia (sp)?

That's the one. They grow pretty much anywhere out here. They are pretty but I can't stand them.

So the scratches on her car depending on where exactly they were could have come from a number of things and a number of places. Any braches from low, really low, hanging limbs from a tree but I would bet on a bush of some kind nothing over 3 or 4 feet tall. Maybe something low enough that she would not be able to see it.

I also thought that scratches might have come from the tow yard if they had dogs that they kept in the yard at night. If GA could smell it before it got to the car, think about what the dogs could smell. It would have driven them nuts.

I've lived in FL for 30 years and the burrs are not out during the summer. November is when they'd come out and can still be found thru the winter months and into spring. The "stickers" do stick and hurt like the devil if they poke you. The best way to get one out of your skin is to wet your finger and pull it out. Clothing, tho, I'm not real sure. Packing tape run over clothes might work.

What might be out during the summer are what we call "love stickers". Those are the little green things that don't have thorns but stick to clothing. You just have to pick them off. My dogs sometimes get a few when we're walking.

Boys in elementary school would throw them in the girls hair at recess, the boys then for the most part had crew-cuts. I hated those things.

I agree, Casey most likely did not dispose of the body in the woods. She could have dumped Caylee in almost any dumpster or body of water in the Orlando area, that's what makes the search so impossible.

I think I would have shaved that Malamute. I've seen their fuzzy undercoats and can imagine what a job removing the burrs must have been. :eek:

Just as a side note, in FL most places have several pickups for trash, because of the heat and we also have a recyling day. I have 3 pick-up a week. I don't know if this helps, but some people wanted to know if KC knew when trash day was and waited. Because of that, if she were in a dumpster it would be very hard to find her, even with GPS of the dumpsite.

I also don't think she buried her, just too much work for her.

Sorry I cant type from laughing so hard. When I quickly looked at the name of this thread I said OH NO another thread about Casey and her Promiscuous Lifestyle .

LOL.........kinda the same thing, suckers that stick to you. We also have them in NC. Aren't they fun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back