Found Alive Colombia - Cessna plane crashed in rainforest on 1 May, 3 adults dead, 4 children missing - 15 May 2023

Update of previous article

"Están débiles. Están en San José del Guaviare", fueron las primeras declaraciones del presidente Gustavo Petro, quien agregó que están a la espera de un parte médico oficial que indique si los niños deben ser trasladados a un hospital de Villavicencio o de Bogotá.

"they are weak. They are in San Jose de Guaviare" were the first words of President Gustavo Petro, who also added that they are waiting for medical advice as to whether the children should be transferred to a hospital in Villavicencio or Bogota.

El Tiempo is reporting the children have been found alive. Helicópteros going to pick them up. Will wait for official confirmation.
That is beyond amazing!

I'm familiar with the story of Juliane Koepcke, although in addition to being 17 years old, she had lived in the region for much of her life and knew many things about jungle survival that most non-indigenous people would not.

View attachment 427861
I noticed some Media had been blurring the faces of the children. But I guess they will be dragged through every news program possible. I hope there is someone to make the choice to protect their privacy. JMO.

I noticed some Media had been blurring the faces of the children. But I guess they will be dragged through every news program possible. I hope there is someone to make the choice to protect their privacy. JMO.
too late to remove pic upthread, here is one with faces blurred fwiw.
1686403450736.png

A video shared by Colombia's ministry of defence showed the children being lifted into a helicopter in the dark above the tall trees of the jungle. They have been flown to the nation's capital Bogota, where ambulances have taken them to hospital for further medical treatment.
The children's grandmother, Fatima Valencia, said after their rescue: "I am very grateful, and to mother earth as well, that they were set free."

She said the eldest of the four siblings was used to looking after the other three when their mother was at work, and that this helped them survive in the jungle.

"She gave them flour and cassava bread, any fruit in the bush, they know what they must consume," Ms Valencia said in footage obtained by EVN.

What an ordeal for those kids.

Brave and smart and caring, in that they also looked after their baby brother.
This is the most amazing part to me——the fortitude and wits to not only survive, but for these vulnerable children to ALSO keep an infant alive.
Thank God, what a miracle.
I hope their grandparents or other family members will be able to care for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~HAPPY DANCE TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy people crowd at holiday party. Friends dancing, having fun together. Young men and women characters group, youth celebrating event with joy. Nightlife concept. Colored flat vector illustration

Just a quick update...

The children are said to be physically and mental stable. Particularly the oldest two who are very keen to talk about their experience. The baby is of most concern. All being evaluated. Will probably remain un hospital for approx 3 weeks.

Father and grandparents are with them. The father is the parent of the youngest two. I havent read or seen anything about the father of the two oldest children.

The héroe rescue dog Wilson is missing and being sought. Military say they will not give up on him.

The head of the child protection agency says Lesly told her the dog was with the children.

Petro visited the children in hospital this morning. The military hospital has a very good reputation. Health care is very good, at least in the major cities.

Seems likely that the children salvaged things from the plane, such as clothes, nappies and fariña (dried and crushed manioc, nutritious and filling).

At the very least, they would have had access to water.

But still an incredible exercise in survival!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back