Comic Steve Rannazzisi admits 9/11 lie

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by wfgodot, Sep 16, 2015.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

2. Loading...

3. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Well-Known Member

Some people do strange things, and somethings can't be excused away with a "sorry about that". Some are only sorry when they are caught in their many lies. He did not prey on the misery of all real 9/11 victims and their families by lying one time, he lied about it many times over the years.

I think he is a coward, a fraud and a few other things I can't type here. And I think it is excellent that whenever anyone searches for his name, this story will always come up so it haunts him.

4. ModMaiden

ModMaiden New Member

Is this guy related to Brian Williams?

This line in the article wfgodot posted. (thank you, my friend, for another interesting article)

Well, a real man would have never told this lie. If he told this lie to seem cooler, does he think telling the truth now makes him special? He's a liar, nothing cool or special about that.

Did his wife work there or has she been going along with this lie as well?

Interesting...they updated the story to clarify where she was.
    The updated information:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-steve-rannazzisi-lied-world-trade-center-the-league-comedian-20150916-story.html

I agree, zippitydoda, may this lie haunt him or both of them if she has been supporting this lie.

5. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

I just LOVE "The League".

Gonna be a hard watch for me now. For very personal reasons I am not inclined to be forgiving to persons who lie about their harrowing 9/11 experiences.

It is a shame because the show is hilarious and the cast is very talented. But this is not an obnoxious Grammy speech or a drunken night at a club.

I mean, I won't watch Woody Allen even though my fave film arthouse shows his movies quite often. Lying about and forging a career based on 9/11 survivor status is not the same as molesting your stepkids, but it is still really hard to gloss over.

IMO.

6. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

I do feel sorry for his kids. That is not an easy name to pretend no association with.

7. SophieRose

SophieRose New Member

Here he is telling his lie, lie starts at 1:25, wife by side.

[video=youtube;fLax2I0Tt0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLax2I0Tt0w[/video]

8. zippitydoda

9. Sweetgrits

Sweetgrits New Member

O/T but I watched a show just last week about a woman who called herself Tania Head. She made up a detailed story that her fiancee was killed on 9/11 and she was saved by a man with a red bandanna and delivered to a waiting firefighter who put her under a fire truck for safety. Later she helped start a survivor's group to help them through the survivor's guilt and grief. It turns out that her real name was Alicia and she was in Barcelona on 9/11. Maybe it's on youtube and it was a great story.

10. zippitydoda

11. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, Steve was on Howard Stern earlier this month.

[video=youtube;ItPWUem8O7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPWUem8O7A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPWUem8O7A[/video]

12. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

Good on him for having the guts to be interviewed, but I'm having a hard time working up any kind of sympathy for him. Other than the twitter stuff because I've seen it get really ugly on twitter.