Congressman Mark Foley resigned

Add the following to the timeline:

Tom Reynolds's personal PAC, TOMPAC, wrote Foley a check for $5,000 on May 10, 2006.

On July 27, 2006, the NRCC, chaired by Tom Reynolds, accepted a $100,000 donations from Foley.

The donations are not illegal. What they represent is further info that will cloud the underlying and most important issue. FOLEY IS A PREDATOR and he was protected by House leadership.

Partisan Hack Statements Trying to Defend the Indefensible:

First nominee, Britt Hume:
It is very serious misbehavior on the part of Congressman Foley, whether it stems from arrogance or just weakness of the human flesh is another question. It’s probably worth noting that there’s a difference between the two parties on these issues. Inappropriate behavior towards subordinates didn’t cost Gerry Studds his Democratic seat in Massachussetts, nor Barney Frank his. Nor did inappropriate behavior toward a subordinate even cost Bill Clinton his standing within the Democratic Party, even though indirectly he was impeached for it. Mark Foley found out about this, was found out to have done this, and he’s out of office and in total disgrace in his party.

Second nominee, Newt Gingrich:
I think had they overly aggressively reacted to the initial round, they would have also been accused of gay bashing. I mean, the original notes had no sexual innuendo and the parents did not want any action taken.

Republican leaders seem to believe that consensual sex among adults can justify pedophilia.

Tom Reynolds's personal PAC, TOMPAC, wrote Foley a check for $5,000 on May 10, 2006.

On July 27, 2006, the NRCC, chaired by Tom Reynolds, accepted a $100,000 donations from Foley.
Compare the above with this:

Reynolds, chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, became the second senior House Republican to say that Hastert has known of Foley's contacts for months, prompting Democratic attacks about the GOP leadership's inaction. Foley abruptly resigned Friday.

Only after Reynolds's statement did Hastert concede that he may have been notified of some of the questionable activities of Foley, 52, who had co-chaired the House caucus on missing and exploited children. Hastert said, however, that he knew nothing of the sexually explicit instant messages that became public Friday.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1001foley1001.html

So, if Reynolds knew of Foley's actions for MONTHS, then exactly why did he accept $100,000.00 from Foley? Did Foley pay Reynolds the money to keep him quiet? Hush money?

They're all wading in this so deep that I'll be surprised if any of them have clean hands when this is over.

Speaking of Clinton, here's a quote from Mark Foley in 1998 re Clinton:

Republicans were aghast at Clinton's behavior, with many saying it showed he had lied and abused his power.
"It's vile," said Rep. Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach. "It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction."
Those are the kind of words that could bite a guy in the butt!

http://www.sptimes.com/Worldandnation/91298/Congress_sees_through.html

There are reportedly 4 stories re Foley on the front page of the New York Times tomorrow. This may get interesting.

Yes, I've heard that also. Plus the Post getting ready for a 3 column work on the issue.

Pedro said:
Do not forget: It's all Clinton's fault... :D
You have several posts bringing up Clinton. Is there a reason for this? To my knowledge no one is blaming either President Bush or former President Clinton for an illegal or possibly criminal act of a Congressman.

In every other case about internet sexual predators, their computer is seized. I have heard nothing of Foley's computers being seized. Why is that? They also know his messages to the former page were through his AOL account.

Some good stuff:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15096062/

Hasturt is asking for an investigation not only into what Foley did, but who knew, when, and what they did with that knowledge. Sounds like the right scope. He's also given a reasonable explanation of his knowledge, but we'll see if the investigation is througough, and if it finds that to be true.

It's amazing that Hastert could say with a straight face that he didn't know anything until recently:

GOP Staff Warned Pages About Foley in 2001

A Republican staff member warned congressional pages five years ago to watch out for Congressman Mark Foley, according to a former page.

(snip)

Loraditch, the president of the Page Alumni Association, said the pages were told "don't get too wrapped up in him being too nice to you and all that kind of stuff."

(snip)

Loraditch says that some of the pages who "interacted" with Foley were hesitant to report his behavior because "members of Congress, they've got the power." Many of the pages were hoping for careers in politics and feared Foley might seek retribution.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/gop_staff_warne.html

WASHINGTON -- A former House page said Sunday that in 2003 he saw sexually suggestive e-mails that Rep. Mark Foley had sent to another former page.

Patrick McDonald, 21, now a senior at Ohio State University, said he eventually learned of "three or four" pages from his 2001-2002 class who were sent such messages.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0610020156oct02,1,1659039.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

I bet we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg for how long Foley has been doing this.

And amazingly, Foley was brazen enough to do it all under his own initials and the year he was born (maf54).

But, of course, Foley is now going to enter alcohol rehab, so I feel certain that all of his problems will be cured in just a matter of weeks. As if alcohol is the answer to why a grown man decided it was okay to proposition not only under-age boys, but also why it was okay to proposition people basically in his employ.

Why is it every time a politician screws up they try to blame it on alcoholism? Checking yourself into rehab has to be one of the oldest tricks in the book.

I sent inappropriate emails to underage boys because of alcoholism? Yeah...right.

This guy must have not taken email ettiquette 101...and that is...don't post in an email what you wouldn't post on a bulletin board for everyone else to see. They are not secure, and can easily be used against you.

Oh, so alcohol made him do that? Kind of like it made Mel Gibson antisemitic?

I'm afraid his problems may be deep-seated and exacerbated by alcohol. Actually alcohol usually takes your sex drive away....

So the 12 step program will help you not be interested in young kids....I don't know about that.

Remember just recently there was a guy in Homeland Security who just resigned; he was busted for the same thing. Can't remember his name.

I'm watching FOX news and I am :furious: .
The White House Press Secretary referred to Foley's emals to the pages as: "naughty emails". Then he went back to correct himself to say they were more than that. What is wrong with people? To me a "naughty email" is sending an off color joke my friends.

BarnGoddess said:
You have several posts bringing up Clinton. Is there a reason for this? To my knowledge no one is blaming either President Bush or former President Clinton for an illegal or possibly criminal act of a Congressman.

Yes, they brought Clinton up. Also it's a joke to "blame Clinton" for everything because they often do.

Paladin said:
Why is it every time a politician screws up they try to blame it on alcoholism? Checking yourself into rehab has to be one of the oldest tricks in the book.

I sent inappropriate emails to underage boys because of alcoholism? Yeah...right.

This guy must have not taken email ettiquette 101...and that is...don't post in an email what you wouldn't post on a bulletin board for everyone else to see. They are not secure, and can easily be used against you.

Right on the spot, alcoholism is a different problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back