Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP reporting that, according to a source, they found more guns. Didn't give a number.

ETA

Wait! Yes it did. Two more. Sorry! Brain on the blink.

Then clearly he wanted to kill more than he did. The only thing that probably stopped him was all the law enforcement, swat team and ATF swarming the school. Maybe he thought a peaceful little town like Newtown would not bring that many forces in so quickly.

It seems he is the good son. It had to be frightening to be named a mass murderer today.

imo

And...

He lost his Mom today. He lost his little brother and his little brother murdered innocent children and adults today.

from link ==> http://www.wfsb.com/story/20345707/20-children-among-27-victims-in-newtown-school-shooting

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 9:56 AM EST Updated: Dec 14, 2012 8:45 PM EST

bbm...

A female employee was also injured during the shooting, state police said. She is recovering and doing well at this time, state police said.

State police said they are executing warrants on the possible suspect in and out of state.

Eyewitness News is on scene of a home in Newtown on Yoganada Street, where the gunman's mother is believed to live. At least one and possibly two bodies have been found inside the home, according to sources.

There was another thing today that should teach us all an interesting lesson. The twitter page we linked to was not the right RL. It was a young BMX biker from California.

When I read his tweets I was sure I knew why he ' did it.' He talked about his 'pain' over a break up, and his feelings of deep betrayal. In November he tweeted " F____ my parents."
And he talked about how he wished he could skip Thanksgiving and just ride his bike instead. He also said that he felt that no matter what he did he was never going to be good enough. I WAS CERTAIN THIS WAS THE SHOOTER.

Turns out it was just some Cali BMX-er venting on his twitter page. Later on he posted " I am not the guy, stop spamming my page, please."

My prayers for healing to the parents and friends of the victims. I could never know how you are suffering and will continue to suffer because of this.

I read tonight that all teachers in Israel are armed and have been armed for years.

imo

Maybe we need a type of "US Marshall's" placed in schoolsas
well? Just like on planes?
Of course they would need training and certification...
OR....
Have ex Cia Fbi LE officers play janitiors? Bus monitors?
IDK:banghead:

I guess "it" commuted suicide I WISH he have been______________.
ya know?

A Gunman, Recalled as Intelligent and Shy, Who Left Few Footprints in Life
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/n...-is-now-identified-as-a-mass-killer.html?_r=0

He carried a black briefcase to his 10th-grade honors English class, and sat near the door so he could readily slip in and out. When called upon, he was intelligent, but nervous and fidgety, spitting his words out, as if having to speak up were painful.

In his brief adulthood, Mr. Lanza had left few footprints, electronic or otherwise. He apparently had no Facebook page, unlike his older brother, Ryan, a Hoboken, N.J., resident who for several hours on Friday was misidentified in news reports as the perpetrator of the massacre.

Adam Lanza did not even appear in his high school yearbook, that of the class of 2010. His spot on the page said, “Camera shy.” Others who graduated that year said they did not believe he had finished school.

Matt Baier, now a junior at the University of Connecticut, and other high school classmates recalled how deeply uncomfortable Mr. Lanza was in social situations.

Several said in separate interviews that it was their understanding that he had a developmental disorder. They said they had been told that the disorder was Asperger syndrome, which is considered to be a high functioning form of autism.

“It’s not like people picked on him for it,” Mr. Baier said. “From what I saw, people just let him be and that was that.”

I figured it was Aspbergers because of what appears to be the ability to make honor roll but apparently with poor impulse control.

http://www.bapta.com/aspergers.htm

A former school board official in Newtown called into question earlier reports that Nancy Lanza had been connected to Sandy Hook Elementary School, possibly as part of the teaching staff.
“No one has heard of her,” said Lillian Bittman, who served on the local school board until 2011. “Teachers don’t know her.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/201...ut-family-of-suspected-newtown-school-gunman/

sorry I'm a little behind and am catching up but wanted to say that this is odd due to the fact that we have Gov. Malloy give a statement earlier that Nancy Lanza WAS A TEACHER'S AIDE AT SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY ..so its odd that they're now saying no one knew who she was..:waitasec:

from link ==> http://www.wfsb.com/story/20345707/20-children-among-27-victims-in-newtown-school-shooting

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 9:56 AM EST Updated: Dec 14, 2012 8:45 PM EST

bbm...

A female employee was also injured during the shooting, state police said. She is recovering and doing well at this time, state police said.

State police said they are executing warrants on the possible suspect in and out of state.

Eyewitness News is on scene of a home in Newtown on Yoganada Street, where the gunman's mother is believed to live. At least one and possibly two bodies have been found inside the home, according to sources.

Now, there is a possibility of a second victim inside the home.

I saw this one.

nospam2011
33 mins ago
+1
Share | Flag
Listening to the recordings of the police response. They say that the glass was smashed out at the front of the school. Apparently he smashed the glass to get in. Imagine that.

sorry I'm a little behind and am catching up but wanted to say that this is odd due to the fact that we have Gov. Malloy give a statement earlier that Nancy Lanza WAS A TEACHER'S AIDE AT SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY ..so its odd that they're now saying no one knew who she was..:waitasec:

I doubt the school board keeps up on who the aides are, as I know a lot of aides are volunteers.

In his twisted mind, knowing that he had mental health issues, and these small children did not?
Maybe, Mom, talked about her wonderful students, and he took it as a slap to him, that these kids were good /perfect, and he wasn't?
I can find no other reason, why he would kill his Mother, then drive to the school and kill her students.
So many unanswered questions. I hope LE finds something from the internet, or a journal, that he kept.
If only to be able to identify someone that might become an imminent danger to others.

If, as it is being reported, Mom, bought these guns, knowing that her son was unstable, I am crazy curious as to Why???
People must be taught to recognize symptoms of mental illness and feel responsible for helping the ill get treatment. This mom may not have recognized that her son could be dangerous.

Along with learning the 50 states, every child should know the 50 symptoms of mental illness. What you don't know about mental illness can kill you or someone that you love.

Anger
Antisocial Behavior
Anxiety
Appetite Disturbances
Avoidance
Body Image Problems
Compulsions
Confusion
Cravings
Deceitfulness
Delusions
Denial
Depression
Dissociation
Euphoria
Fatigue
Fears
Flashbacks
Grandiosity
Grief
Hallucinations
Histrionics
Hyperactivity
Identity Confusion
Impulsiveness
Intoxication
Jealousy
Learning Difficulties
Mania
Memory Loss
Mood Swings
Movement Problems
Nonsense
Obsessions
Oddness
Panic
Paranoia
Physical Complaints and Pain
Psychosis
Religious Preoccupations/obsession
Self-Esteem Problems
Self-Mutilation
Sexual Performance Problems
Sexual Preoccupations
Sleep Problems
Sloppiness
Speech Difficulties
Stress
Suicidal Thoughts
Trauma

I'm sorry but I really get sick of the "children aren't being spanked" bull****. The majority of children ARE spanked. If anything, spanking teaches children that violence to solve problems is A.O.K.

Please, go ask murderers and criminals if they were spanked and report back to me. I can guarantee they were.

As someone who doesn't spank my children and has very sweet, polite, well-adjusted children, I take great offence to people telling me I should be physically assaulting them or I'm not doing enough as a parent.

Thank you so much for that. Truly.

I really feel very sorry for Ryan. His employers said he is clean as a whistle.

His brother was the monster........not him.

I am very troubled why he was taken away in HANDCUFFS for questioning.

why?

I think if he is just collateral damage from the shooter that was a VERY BAD choice in how to take him in to talk to him.

moo

Levi Page and I will be discussing this horrific event tonight on his Spreecast 10 PM Eastern.

You can watch right here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

e

Here is an article.. They do not have the make of the .223 but they describe it as a civilian grade assault weapon. Similar to the AR-17. basically, a weapon used by the military. The DC Sniper used a Bushmaster .223 http://elitedaily.com/elite/2012/gun-adam-lanza/

My hubby has a Remmington .223 semi-automatic. Its a rather small rifle and he can only load 3-5 bullets at a time. Now Im sure it can be modified by a gunsmith.

Anyway the suspect didnt even take the rifle inside the school. It was found in his mom's vehicle.

He used the two semi-automatic handguns.

Newtown Residents Grieve at Prayer Vigils

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012/12/14/newtown-residents-grieve-at-prayer-vigils/

Lighting candles and embracing, the Newtown community gathered at vigils Friday to remember the victims of Friday’s mass shooting.

Dozens flocked to the Newtown United Methodist Church in the village’s quaint New England downtown, its street lamps wrapped in greenery, red bows and wreath with white lights in shop windows.

P. J. Yochum emerged from the evening prayer service teary-eyed.

“Somebody in our church lost a child today,” she said as she walked away from the white clapboard parish into the frigid air.

“The tragedy is overwhelming,” she said, adding that the child was a kindergarten student. The family had not attended the service.

Though she works as a counselor, she could find no way to make sense of the killings. “You can’t,” she said.................

My mom is telling me that the car at the school parking lot had New Jersey plates. This was reported earlier today on CNN. Is this true? I also read that he took his MOM`s car after killing her. Did her car have New Jersey plates or is this more erroneous info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member