Connecting Dots: Frank Osellanie and missing women/children and murder victims

Who are you thinking UP4778 might be? Joanne Williams? If so, I think the UID is far too tall as she was a tiny girl of barely 5', if I remember correctly.

There is a woman that Rodney Alcala photographed that I wondered about regarding Joanne, but upon closer observation, and based on when he was in the NYC area and her date of disappearance I don't think they lined up and I lost interest in that possible connection.

Regarding the sketch, it looks like the same sketch that was in the papers for Frank. It also looks like a lot of other people I know, unfortunately. Now that they are redoing the old Scranton Lace, I would have thought they had searched that area and if they found anything they would have announced it. I mean, it was within blocks of Michelle's home, Frank's shop, etc.

I have looked at 122UFNY a few times as possibly being Joanne, but I don't think she had that much dental work done. Then again, the few photos I have seen of her don't show her teeth and no mention anywhere (that I saw) of dental work, especially not gold foiling. But that type of situation the body was found in sounds like one of Frank's shenanigans from back in the day where he would supposedly leave vehicles abandoned all over.

Does anyone local know if his old house on Vine is still for sale and if that property has ever been searched? It is up by the University on the corner of Vine and..... Quincy? Irving? I can't remember.

I grew up (partially, my parents were divorced and I was only here the first three weekends of every month and all summer long) in the 700 block of North Rebecca Ave. and according to my father as kids my brother and I used to love camping in the backyard with a sheet draped over the clothes line. The back of our property faced Garfield Ave. and Cathedral Cemetery. Apparently, a few times when my father was outside checking on us, he said he could hear voices and maybe even digging sounds coming from the cemetery. Not sure if he meant the actual cemetery or the little cemeteries they have lined up along Garfield Ave. designated for either certain families, or churches, etc.

Sorry for the ramble, but you caught me in a moment. LOL

Edit: Oh, I wanted to address Charley Project errors. If you find anything really erroneous, you can always email Megan. She is very receptive and I have sent her a few things to check myself. I haven't seen anything major in awhile, just a few spelling or typing errors here any there.

Not gonna lie, I really only tossed out UP4778 due to circumstances the body was found in. No evidence Osellanie was in Toledo at that time that I'm aware of, and the vitals listed don't match any suspected victim of his I've come across. Wrapped in a "blanket like material" and set on fire in an alley behind an auto parts store seems to be eerily similar to the murder he was convicted of and the other one he's seriously suspected of.

Admittedly, it's a pretty wild conjecture. But the similarities in signature and MO, I think are worth commenting on.

And i believe I shall email Megan. Thanks for the tip. Upon my last check, there was a pretty noticeable discrepancies in events in Kortne Stouffer's entry.

If I had been paying proper attention, I would have realized you meant the burning of the body, etc. I was just so excited to see any activity so I pounced. LOL

Anyway, the crimes Frank was caught for, he used a specific type of lighter fluid (Coleman/white gas) and that is how they caught him. Edit: Also, he was touching children at the time and had left his DNA in both victims he was convicted in killing. I looked at the articles and it doesn't say that Renee or Laureen were wrapped in anything, but anything is possible with these lunatics and Frank was pretty unpredictable, I guess. I truly hope he is suffering away in prison from his "dementia".

Kortne's case is mystifying, for sure. I've never been to Palmyra, and only to Harrisburg a handful of times. If it's anything like this (or really any) area, though, there are probably lots of nuts and lots of places to hide bodies.

Who are you thinking UP4778 might be? Joanne Williams? If so, I think the UID is far too tall as she was a tiny girl of barely 5', if I remember correctly.

There is a woman that Rodney Alcala photographed that I wondered about regarding Joanne, but upon closer observation, and based on when he was in the NYC area and her date of disappearance I don't think they lined up and I lost interest in that possible connection.

Regarding the sketch, it looks like the same sketch that was in the papers for Frank. It also looks like a lot of other people I know, unfortunately. Now that they are redoing the old Scranton Lace, I would have thought they had searched that area and if they found anything they would have announced it. I mean, it was within blocks of Michelle's home, Frank's shop, etc.

I have looked at 122UFNY a few times as possibly being Joanne, but I don't think she had that much dental work done. Then again, the few photos I have seen of her don't show her teeth and no mention anywhere (that I saw) of dental work, especially not gold foiling. But that type of situation the body was found in sounds like one of Frank's shenanigans from back in the day where he would supposedly leave vehicles abandoned all over.

Does anyone local know if his old house on Vine is still for sale and if that property has ever been searched? It is up by the University on the corner of Vine and..... Quincy? Irving? I can't remember.

I grew up (partially, my parents were divorced and I was only here the first three weekends of every month and all summer long) in the 700 block of North Rebecca Ave. and according to my father as kids my brother and I used to love camping in the backyard with a sheet draped over the clothes line. The back of our property faced Garfield Ave. and Cathedral Cemetery. Apparently, a few times when my father was outside checking on us, he said he could hear voices and maybe even digging sounds coming from the cemetery. Not sure if he meant the actual cemetery or the little cemeteries they have lined up along Garfield Ave. designated for either certain families, or churches, etc.

Edit: Oh, I wanted to address Charley Project errors. If you find anything really erroneous, you can always email Megan. She is very receptive and I have sent her a few things to check myself. I haven't seen anything major in awhile, just a few spelling or typing errors here any there.

Not gonna lie, I really only tossed out UP4778 due to circumstances the body was found in. No evidence Osellanie was in Toledo at that time that I'm aware of, and the vitals listed don't match any suspected victim of his I've come across. Wrapped in a "blanket like material" and set on fire in an alley behind an auto parts store seems to be eerily similar to the murder he was convicted of and the other one he's seriously suspected of.

Admittedly, it's a pretty wild conjecture. But the similarities in signature and MO, I think are worth commenting on.

And i believe I shall email Megan. Thanks for the tip. Upon my last check, there was a pretty noticeable discrepancies in events in Kortne Stouffer's entry.

Definitely hear ya there. I knew about the Coleman fuel, but a slight variation in whatever accelerant (if any) was used to dispose of a body by fire in an alley doesn't quite shift things enough to point away from the other guy who was doing pretty much the same thing in the neighboring state. Also, NamUs specifies it was a pink "blanket-like" material. That could serve the same purpose as the fluid, pending what that blanket was made of. If it was petrochemical in origin, that would go up in flames right quick.

Again, all conjecture. Reaching here.

Also, was Frank convicted in Finn's death? Thought it was only Waddle. Also, read the DNA from the scene was pretty much left unrefrigerated at some lab for 18 months and was pretty much left worthless at the time. Never heard about him being charged in Finn's death.

Could be misremembering all this. Firing this post out while on the toilet and posting it is immeasurably more important than fact checking. Posting in the event that there's something worthwhile in there.

You are missing nothing in Palmyra. Drove through last month and straight past Kortne's apartment. Raises questions, i tell ya.

That's a perfect description of me: posting from the toilet without fact checking and feeling like a dunce afterwards LOL

It definitely wouldn't hurt to shoot an email or give them a ring out in Toledo and see what they think. I really don't think you're reaching that far actually, and I can definitely see Frank taking a trip to Toledo. I just don't know how smart he was.

I was a teenager when all of this stuff with him getting lazy and sloppy was happening and he was arrested. The biggest thing I remember (from that time) is them saying over and over again about the Coleman lighter fluid. They seemed to be really focused on that and I believe they found a bunch of it in his possession. I was too young (and naive) to be in any real fear for myself and I wasn't going over to that section of town a lot, anyway. At that age we are all invincible.

I had to chuckle at your comment "Raises questions, I tell ya." I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I worked at the hospital Jolene was last seen visiting her mother and I have driven the route several times that she would have taken home. You actually have to pass Joanne Williams' family home to do so. Not the safest section of town to say the least.

That's a perfect description of me: posting from the toilet without fact checking and feeling like a dunce afterwards LOL

It definitely wouldn't hurt to shoot an email or give them a ring out in Toledo and see what they think. I really don't think you're reaching that far actually, and I can definitely see Frank taking a trip to Toledo. I just don't know how smart he was.

I was a teenager when all of this stuff with him getting lazy and sloppy was happening and he was arrested. The biggest thing I remember (from that time) is them saying over and over again about the Coleman lighter fluid. They seemed to be really focused on that and I believe they found a bunch of it in his possession. I was too young (and naive) to be in any real fear for myself and I wasn't going over to that section of town a lot, anyway. At that age we are all invincible.

I had to chuckle at your comment "Raises questions, I tell ya." I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I worked at the hospital Jolene was last seen visiting her mother and I have driven the route several times that she would have taken home. You actually have to pass Joanne Williams' family home to do so. Not the safest section of town to say the least.

I only really heard about Frank and all these cases earlier this year. I was born in Harrisburg in 86, and I think I've only driven through Scranton once. A lot of info other posters seem to have is pretty alien to me. I'm going to have to subscribe to some online news archive somewhere just to get all the info on these things.

Toledo is definitely a drive. Again, not too sure how far from Scranton, but it's an easy 8 hour drive from Harrisburg. My sister graduated from Toledo University, and I made the drive a few times.

Well, I'm a speed demon so keep that in mind, but I lived in Detroit for a little over a year back in 2001-2002. Also, I'm 10 years older than you so the memory isn't as great as it once was, LOL I could get from Carbondale (which is about 20 minutes north of Scranton) to Detroit proper in about 7, 7 and 1/2 hours. Toledo is about an hour south of Detroit, give or take.

I have been dabbling in Northeastern PA cases for a few years now. I even submitted a few tips on the woman found in Sugarloaf in the late 90s. Called CRIMESTOPPERS and everything. Made me feel like a fool. Going to law enforcement is definitely NOT my forte. Threw out a few possibilities for a few cases here, too, and got a crickets' response. LOL

Well, I'm a speed demon so keep that in mind, but I lived in Detroit for a little over a year back in 2001-2002. Also, I'm 10 years older than you so the memory isn't as great as it once was, LOL I could get from Carbondale (which is about 20 minutes north of Scranton) to Detroit proper in about 7, 7 and 1/2 hours. Toledo is about an hour south of Detroit, give or take.

I have been dabbling in Northeastern PA cases for a few years now. I even submitted a few tips on the woman found in Sugarloaf in the late 90s. Called CRIMESTOPPERS and everything. Made me feel like a fool. Going to law enforcement is definitely NOT my forte. Threw out a few possibilities for a few cases here, too, and got a crickets' response. LOL

Know the feeling. Reported to crimewatch in Lancaster County last year with the developments in the Lindy Sue Biechler case. Just silence in response. At the same time, don't imagine how much they could say or do when the guy I'm suggesting was killed in an attempted prison break in 1976.

Getting way off topic here, though. I got phone calls to make and emails to fire off.

The biggest thing I remember (from that time) is them saying over and over again about the Coleman lighter fluid. They seemed to be really focused on that and I believe they found a bunch of it in his possession.

UP4778 was doused in gasoline.

Not quite the same, but it's still similar. Just felt like tossing that in there.

I live in Scranton and was born on December 7, 1978... the night Joanne Williams was last seen. When I was 11 years old, a man who I vaguely knew (a neighbor) tried to abduct me but I luckily got away. He stalked me for 2-3 years before attempting my abduction on my way home from the bus stop. I consider myself blessed... and am very interested in seeking answers/justice for those who did not survive.

Truly I believe that Frank Osellanie abducted, raped and murdered Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey (as well as others). He had a garage 1.5 blocks away from her apartment on E Gibson Street at the time. Frank is a sadistic killer who would rape and beat his victims to death with his hands and enjoyed the control/torture. His type of murderer profile leads me to believe he never killed or buried/hid his victims remains on his own property...but rather off his properties. He’s intelligent (most mechanics are) and asocial which means he thinks he’s smarter than everyone, and is a loner at heart, but can be very charming, easily sweet talk victims and socialize with the best of them if it suits his needs. He is not a random killer, but a methodical planned killer who fantasizes about the kidnap/killing before he does it. He’s the type who comes prepared... as in the case of Renee Waddle (9 year old he was convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering... and Laureen Finn (who he is a “person of interest” and whose body was found at 430 Monroe Ave Scranton, about 8 blocks from his residence at the time, 1316 Vine St, Scranton). For killers like this, there are 3 crime scenes: 1) the place where the victim was kidnapped, 2) the place where they were murdered, and 3) the place were their bodies are disposed.

The bodies of both victims were burned with Coleman Fuel/Paint Thinner combo. Laureen left a party on Quincy Ave at approximately 3am and Laureen’s body was found approximately at 4:30am about 1-2 blocks from the party. Who other than Frank, “a night owl” would happen to carry Coleman Fuel on him at 4:30am. Not many murderers are capable of beating women and children to death. Both Lauren and Renee had massive head trauma and other broken bones. Laureen had broken ribs and a fractured collarbone. Interesting note: Laureen was a college student while living in Scranton, but she was from Elizabethtown NJ area. Frank frequented a Racetrack in New Jersey where Laureen worked as a waitress in the concession stand. I believe she caught his attention there. He may have struck up conversation... found out she lived in hill section while at school and made her one of his fantasy kills. I became aware of another woman who was living in the Hill Section of Scranton and who Frank was stalking at the same time as Laureen’s murder (1987). This woman had moved out of Scranton and recently passed away; however, before she passed away, she recalled how afraid she was of him even though when she met him he was charming.

For those who don’t understand sadistic predators, it’s important to understand that these type of twisted individuals don’t have an age preference... they will victimize anyone who they can gain control. I work at a Child abuse intervention center... many kids who are raped are not raped by pedophiles (who technically can only be classified that way if a specific child age range and gender is their only attraction), but rather by sadistic manipulative people who enjoy control over powerless people and children. Don’t get confused.

Coincidentally, no other rapes/murders/abductions that could compare to these cases have occurred in the hill section since Frank has been in prison.

Frank also traveled quite a bit around the tri-state area to car shows, racetracks, campgrounds/boating venues...and was an avid fan of diners. I believe he also killed the woman missing since 1982 who was last seen talking in the parking lot (approximately 10pm) at the diner that she worked at with her mom. The sketch of the man bares a chilling resemblance to how Frank looked in 1982.

Frank has always denied any connection or involvement with these murders/missing women and children. Frank will remain in prison for the rest of his life. A friend of mine who is a detective tried to interview him one last time this past year but he has severe dementia at this point and his health is very poor. He’s not expected to live much longer.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Joanne being a missing person. Wishing we can get some answers for Joanne, Jolene and the other possible victims who are still missing.

Hi. I was reading up on Jolene Lakey and of course, Frank Osellanie comes up. I have nothing to offer on the ongoing case. This is just a story about me growing up on the same street as Frank Osellanie and his family. Also, a story about how growing up in the late 70's wasn't as safe as some people think.
Okay, so I grew up down the street from the Osellanie family in the 60's, 70's and 80's. My recollections are from the mid to late 1970's, mostly walking to and from school daily. The only family members that I can recall are Mr. and Mrs. Osellanie and Rosemary Osellanie. Mr. Osellanie was probably retired by that time and I only remember him working in his garden. Mostly I remember Mrs. Osellanie hanging clothes on the clothesline. As for Rosemary, she was probably 8 to 10 years older than me and not married yet. So before 1978, she had a early model 1970's MGB convertible that I loved. I walked past it every day before school and drooled. It was somewhere around 1975. The color was orangey/sunset color and I think it had a luggage rack on the back. Not sure about that. Basically that's all I can remember about the Osellanie's. Their house was only 5 houses away and there was nothing remarkable about it or them that stands out, except for the MGB. I walked past that house daily for 12+ years. The neighborhood at that time had a ton of school-age children in the 60's and 70's and 80's. Almost every house had a kid or two. And these homes were all within 50' of each other. There's another reason why I am writing to you. There are two incidents that happened to me that I will never forget. The year was 1975 or/and 1976. First one: While walking home from grade school, a large maroon car with an old gray haired man pulled up along the sidewalk (in front of Osellanie's), as I was walking past and yelled, "Get in the car!" I took off running to another neighbor's house, and she watched as I walked to my house. Second one: I used to have a small motorbike that I rode around the neighborhood. I was at the far end of my street at the intersection, stopped. A greenish car came to a stop across from me. I don't think he had any blinkers on. Being that he was a car, I waited for him to go first. But he didn't. Now, this is weird, but I remember his face even now. It seemed to glow or somehow standout from everything. He had black hair and green eyes and he smiled at me. I probably smiled back! Anyway, I turned left and he followed me. Well that set my neck hairs up and I continued down the street and stupid me turned into a street that only led into the local school's elementary one way round about driveway. There was no way out. He followed me onto that street and stopped. My mind was racing on how to get out of that situation. I couldn't think of one. What I did next was stupid, stupid, stupid. I actually headed back toward the street and his car. But instead of going past the passenger side of his car (or maybe I couldn't at the time) I rode past the driver's door. My guardian angel must have been watching over me, because he didn't open his door or try to grab at me through his window. I rode past him and back the way I came. He had to turn around to get back out of the street. I turned onto a side street and hid the motorbike and myself behind a car and waited. He did drive by the street slowly looking for me. He kept going because he couldn't see me. As soon as he passed I took off for home which was two blocks away. When I got home I put the bike away in the garage and watched from a safe place and never saw him drive by. It has stayed with me for 50 years.
There was maybe another possible time, but I can't be sure, so that one is just stowed away in my memory.
I am sorry you had been dragged into such a horrible frightening experience as a young child. It is amazing how they shape our lives and our children's lives. It may be why for me, these kinds of abductions, murders draw me in and fuel my nightmares. By the way, I am a female and a bit older than you. Thanks for reading.

I'm so happy nothing bad happened to you Joanne Williams is my aunt and it's something my family always is pained with

I live in Scranton and was born on December 7, 1978... the night Joanne Williams was last seen. When I was 11 years old, a man who I vaguely knew (a neighbor) tried to abduct me but I luckily got away. He stalked me for 2-3 years before attempting my abduction on my way home from the bus stop. I consider myself blessed... and am very interested in seeking answers/justice for those who did not survive.

Truly I believe that Frank Osellanie abducted, raped and murdered Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey (as well as others). He had a garage 1.5 blocks away from her apartment on E Gibson Street at the time. Frank is a sadistic killer who would rape and beat his victims to death with his hands and enjoyed the control/torture. His type of murderer profile leads me to believe he never killed or buried/hid his victims remains on his own property...but rather off his properties. He’s intelligent (most mechanics are) and asocial which means he thinks he’s smarter than everyone, and is a loner at heart, but can be very charming, easily sweet talk victims and socialize with the best of them if it suits his needs. He is not a random killer, but a methodical planned killer who fantasizes about the kidnap/killing before he does it. He’s the type who comes prepared... as in the case of Renee Waddle (9 year old he was convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering... and Laureen Finn (who he is a “person of interest” and whose body was found at 430 Monroe Ave Scranton, about 8 blocks from his residence at the time, 1316 Vine St, Scranton). For killers like this, there are 3 crime scenes: 1) the place where the victim was kidnapped, 2) the place where they were murdered, and 3) the place were their bodies are disposed.

The bodies of both victims were burned with Coleman Fuel/Paint Thinner combo. Laureen left a party on Quincy Ave at approximately 3am and Laureen’s body was found approximately at 4:30am about 1-2 blocks from the party. Who other than Frank, “a night owl” would happen to carry Coleman Fuel on him at 4:30am. Not many murderers are capable of beating women and children to death. Both Lauren and Renee had massive head trauma and other broken bones. Laureen had broken ribs and a fractured collarbone. Interesting note: Laureen was a college student while living in Scranton, but she was from Elizabethtown NJ area. Frank frequented a Racetrack in New Jersey where Laureen worked as a waitress in the concession stand. I believe she caught his attention there. He may have struck up conversation... found out she lived in hill section while at school and made her one of his fantasy kills. I became aware of another woman who was living in the Hill Section of Scranton and who Frank was stalking at the same time as Laureen’s murder (1987). This woman had moved out of Scranton and recently passed away; however, before she passed away, she recalled how afraid she was of him even though when she met him he was charming.

For those who don’t understand sadistic predators, it’s important to understand that these type of twisted individuals don’t have an age preference... they will victimize anyone who they can gain control. I work at a Child abuse intervention center... many kids who are raped are not raped by pedophiles (who technically can only be classified that way if a specific child age range and gender is their only attraction), but rather by sadistic manipulative people who enjoy control over powerless people and children. Don’t get confused.

Coincidentally, no other rapes/murders/abductions that could compare to these cases have occurred in the hill section since Frank has been in prison.

Frank also traveled quite a bit around the tri-state area to car shows, racetracks, campgrounds/boating venues...and was an avid fan of diners. I believe he also killed the woman missing since 1982 who was last seen talking in the parking lot (approximately 10pm) at the diner that she worked at with her mom. The sketch of the man bares a chilling resemblance to how Frank looked in 1982.

Frank has always denied any connection or involvement with these murders/missing women and children. Frank will remain in prison for the rest of his life. A friend of mine who is a detective tried to interview him one last time this past year but he has severe dementia at this point and his health is very poor. He’s not expected to live much longer.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Joanne being a missing person. Wishing we can get some answers for Joanne, Jolene and the other possible victims who are still missing.
I just saw this case in a Facebook page and looked at internet and I find this piece of info that you shared, sadly this *advertiser censored* had died, but I believe they should investigate for the same MO of kidnapping and murders by all the areas that he travel I bid detectives will find more cases since for the way that he operates he definitively was a SK

By the way I hope they catch the person who try to hurt you

attachment.php
This is the sketch of last man to be seen speaking with Michelle (who disappeared after talking with him in the parking lot). Her mother also worked at the diner with her and was the witness Who provided the details the sketch artist. Frank heavy another same diner shortly before her mother saw him in the parking lot talking to her daughter. The photo to the right is Frank O in 1990.
Huge similitud

attachment.php
This is the sketch of last man to be seen speaking with Michelle (who disappeared after talking with him in the parking lot). Her mother also worked at the diner with her and was the witness Who provided the details the sketch artist. Frank heavy another same diner shortly before her mother saw him in the parking lot talking to her daughter. The photo to the right is Frank O in 1990.
Huge similitu

I saw the case you mention above but I don't believe the tooth match on it for a pic they show of her on a Facebook page

His employees testified Jolene was often at his shop on Walnut st in 1986 to see his dog (a German Shepherd).
When I read that he even testify that she visited him at his shop and he gave her rides just with that connection it's kind of obvious that he was the murder, as he probably presented his self as a charming men, I believe she was missing his father in her life and this guy showed an fake image to her and he just did what he did, I think they should investigate more deeply his whereabouts to find a connection where she may had been dumped

Something about all this strikes me, although I'm not familiar with any of this until I watched a video with info on Frank Osellanie, Renee Waddle and Jolene Lakey. During that time period, I made numerous trips up and down that road, driving to and from Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, from 1977 until 1997. I made many of those trips until 1981 alone. We made a habit over the years of stopping at the exit (I can't remember just now the number) where the Wyoming Valley Mall is located, as well as a Denny's, a McDonalds, and a Red Roof Inn. In the early days, I had a CB radio in the car, and would talk now and then with truckers and others that were on channel 19. (Anyone remember those?) In all this time, I've never heard of any of these cases that I'm aware of, but this whole chain of events is so malevolent.
Someone asked about news articles and Jfarrell was very forthcoming. Thank you. I also found information on Frank and several of the females quite easily, but not to the extent Jfarrell has. I'd like to keep in touch with this as it progresses. One thing I didn't catch. Were all of the bodies of the victims found? Thank you!

No, only Renee Waddle’s body and Laureen Finn’s body was found. Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey are still missing.

I have gathered some really interesting info from family, police, newspapers.com and have compiled it for the state police. Two investigators contacted me from the DA’s office after one of the detectives I used to work with asked them to contact me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back