Conrad Murray trial -Day twelve.

Here is another potential twist in what may happen to Murray, if he is convicted. IMO this trial was not going to be about true justice when the State chose to charge IM. Also IMO, Murray probably won't do jail time--more like probation. One light at the end of this tragic tunnel is that CA, NV and TX will probably pull his medical licenses. I see him flying off to Trinidad, where he will practice medicine, father more babies, continue to be a "playa" and carry on his general deadbeat lifestyle. MOO

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rest-instead-prison-if-convicted-report-says/

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's oldest son disputed Dr. Conrad Murray's claim, given in his police interview, that the doctor comforted him and his siblings in the emergency room after they learned their father was dead, according to a Jackson family member who was with the children that day.

Prince Jackson told his family that Murray's account played in his involuntary manslaughter trial this week was not true, Trent Jackson, the nephew of Katherine and Joe Jackson, said Thursday.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/entertainment/29477029/detail.html#ixzz1aln6N1gO

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's oldest son disputed Dr. Conrad Murray's claim, given in his police interview, that the doctor comforted him and his siblings in the emergency room after they learned their father was dead, according to a Jackson family member who was with the children that day.

Prince Jackson told his family that Murray's account played in his involuntary manslaughter trial this week was not true, Trent Jackson, the nephew of Katherine and Joe Jackson, said Thursday.

From what I remember of that tragic day, it was Frank DiLeo who told the children. The Pros won't bring this up though IMO. If they do, they have to bring at least one of the children to the stand (and I don't think they want to do that).

Ocean, what do you make of the Pros not calling Martinez in their CIC? Do you think they will call him in rebuttal? Also, I was surprised that they didn't call Dr. Ruffalo. Will the defense call him? With the overwhelming medical testimony coming in, White is the only hope for the defense IMO. What other doc can they possibly hire to defend the actions of this defendant---maybe Spitz is available lol. The jury got to see White interject something verbally to Flanagan yesterday, and I hope they remember this audacious move when they're deliberating.

Hello oceanblueeyes, when I responded to your post, it didn't include the quote, (blue section) and because it made it difficult to read my reply, I responded in a 'quick reply'.

Please bear in mind that the AR did not include an evaluation of MJ’s psychological/mental state prior to his death therefore it doesn’t accurately describe MJ's overall health imo. We know MJ was having anxiety attacks over his upcoming tour and Dr. Murray said the day MJ died, MJ had multiple anxiety attacks throughout the night.

Page 11/51 of the AR: "It should be noted that the above lung injury with reserve loss is not considered to be a direct or contributing cause of death; however, such an individual would be especially susceptible to adverse health affects".

And, "The above findings reflect a depletion of structural and functional reserves of the lung. Reserve depletion is the result of widespread respiratory bronchiolitis and chronic lung inflammation in association with fibrocollangenous scars and organizing / recanalizing thromboemboli of small arteries."

The condition of MJ's lungs prove MJ was living with a lung injury prior to his death. If a person can't breathe deeply, their body can't relax they suffer from a condition called 'hypertension'; and they normally take Rx meds in order to regulate it. The recanalizing thromboemboli of small arteries also restricts blood flow to the heart which also results in hypertension afaik.

Most people who come down with a lung infection feel lethargic and cough and sneeze and their nose drips to help release the mucus buildup in their lungs. Has anyone figured out who coughed while Dr. Murray was on the phone and put it in his pocket?

Generally speaking patients with an inflammatory lung infection need chest compressions to release the mucus and a Rx for antibiotics which they are instructed to take 3 x a day either before or after meals for at least 10 days and they are advised to stay home and get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids in order to re-energize their body.

Because of the condition MJ's small arteries were in which I bolded, I was surprised MJ wasn't taking medication to treat this condition.

The way Dr. Murray described the condition of all of Michael's toes before they were treated strongly indicate MJ had a flesh eating disease in both feet. Because the medication he prescribed for Michael was tough on his liver this would have had an adverse effect on his general health. If Dr. Murray's description of MJ's feet is accurate at the onset of the disease, MJ wouldn't have been able to walk until the infection was completely gone because walking would have caused him excruciating pain. This is why he probably used a wheelchair for awhile. It also makes sense that when his chronic lung infection flared up he would want to cover his nose and mouth with a mask to ward off pollutants in the environment.

LAPD Interview: Dr. Murray - “Michael had very severe fungal mycosis, which is a fungal infection that took over every toe and spread into his flesh." Dr. Murray treated his fungal infection orally for 3 months with Lamisil, which comes in a cream, but instead he gave him tablets which is pretty tough on the liver."

Dr. Murray admitted he was giving MJ extra strength Ladicane because the needles burnt his flesh.

MJ had multiples surgeries on his face and was shedding his gorgeous hair. I think it would be extremely uncomfortable to sleep with a wig on my head.

Dr. Murray also said Michael was not eating properly and he had multiple scars on his body caused by needles. The photo of MJ lying on an examination table after he died shows his body was extra lean and I still have a hard time believing he weighed 136 lbs.

In general, women don't show signs of aging as rapidly as men. Rarely do women go bald unless they have cancer or their thyroid gland isn't functioning properly, but usually their hair loss is a temporarycondition and their hair gradually grows back in time.

After reading the AR, I don't believe the media reports about MJ's health are entirely false.

JMO

I am sorry Bluesky. The first problem I have is taking anything that Murray said as the truth.

If one deliberately lies and deliberately makes purposeful omissions I totally discount everything they have said.

But I never heard that MJ had a lung injury. Only that he had chronic inflammation which many live with in their everyday lives and there are varying degrees of it too.

I didn't see a man psychological out of it when I watch him perform in This Is It. I saw a man that was still very much a gifted quick thinker who was very engrossed in all aspects of the tour. I still saw a man who was still very much the perfectionist.

I believe the ME who looked inside of MJs body. He was overall a very healthy individual especially for 50 years of age in fact the ME said that he was in much better shape than others his same age.

So MJs medical conditions were not life threatening in the least and they certainly didn't stop him because his last rehearsal is proof of that.

MJ is dead for one reason only because Murray intoxicated MJ with powerful propofol and combined it with benzos and just walked out and left him on his own.

IMO

If you pay a bail bond premium (i.e. the 10% of the bail amount) to the bail bond company, you don't get that premium back. It is like paying a car insurance premium, or a life insurance premium, or a health insurance premium. It's gone forever.

If you post cash bail directly with the court (i.e. the entire bail amount) then you get that all of that cash bail back after the trial is over.

If you post a property bond with the court, you may have to pay certain related expenses like title search, appraisal fees, escrow costs, etc. and those expenses are gone forever but they are usually much less than the bail bond premium would have been.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

I suppose Dr. Murray consulted with his lawyers on the issue of bail and they recommended which choice they considered to be the best.

I would LOVE for the jury to hear about this. But I doubt that the prosecution
wants to pull any of the kids into this emotional trial. I am not sure if it is worth it in the end. I could not stand it if Flanagan was unleashed on Prince, for example. *shudder*

But I sure wish that the jury could hear what a self serving, flat out liar this doctor Murray has turned out to be. yuck :mad:

While that may be true no one will be remembered for it more than Michael Jackson. He took the step and made it his own unique dance. I did see him give credit to the other dancers who had done it before him.

I use to become so mesmerized when he did the moon walk. I kept looking for some gimmick because I just couldnt believe someone could be this light on their feet like they could float.

Oh my gosh now I have to go to youtube and see him perform it again.:floorlaugh: I love all of his videos and keep finding more songs I love.

I wasnt a big MJ fan until after he died.:banghead: Now I wish I had paid much closer attention to the magnificent talented man all throughout his career. His songs have such deep meaning and I could watch him dance for hours I think. Now I listen to his songs at least three times a week and have watched 'This Is It' three times now.

I remember seeing him at the Super Bowl Half Time shows and I was blown away and didn't want it to stop. He did give the illusion that he was so light on his feet that it made one think he could levitate and fly.

There will never be another entertainer like him, imo.

IMO

Yep, you're right. He was given a huge talent and it looks like he worked very hard to perfect it and to entertain the rest of us "regular" folk. And how he seemed to love it!

I was not a big MJ fan, either -- maybe I felt too old...BUT... then on Empty Vee (MTV) I saw him perform "Billie Jean." Remember him walking down the sidewalk and the separate sections of the sidewalk lit up when he skipped over them? And he moonwalked and my jaw hit the carpet. Wow. No lie, I went out & bought "Thriller" the next day. "Bille Jean" was my fave, but the whole album is amazing -- and I would watch for him on Empty Vee.

They are not the same in some ways, certainly -- too many generations apart, and I was way too young to watch this guy when he performed what he did, but I have seen several musical reruns featuring Gene Kelly. He glides smoothly and "walks up walls," and is as light on his feet as MJ. They are similar, and were both known for their unique dance style and flair.

Yes, what happened to MJ at CM's hands, IMO, has robbed his family, especially his children, of a wonderful and loving man. But we, too, were robbed of a talent that only comes along very, very rarely. We all lose.
icon9.gif

I dont agree and do agree with the above article.

That Dr. Murray was able to remain a free man and practice medicine until the trial started is what makes his case unique imo, but then involuntary manslaughter is not first degree murder. Maybe he wouldn't have been allowed to post bail if he was charged with first degree murder. The fact he's a doctor "cushions the blow".

Anyone charged with IM is granted bail. Lower than the amount set in CMs case.

Even if he had been charged with first degree he would have been granted bail. Remember Robert Blake and Susan Polk? Both were out on bail. The only reason bail wouldnt be granted is if it was a captial case (DP) i.e. Scott Peterson.

I do agree that being a doctor cushions the blow. I think if a regular person had adminstered this deadly drugs to MJ and acted in the same gross neglectful manner the charge would be higher.

In our society we tend to put doctors above the law.

BBBM

Apparently CM was of he same opinion, jmho.

I am sorry Bluesky. The first problem I have is taking anything that Murray said as the truth.

If one deliberately lies and deliberately makes purposeful omissions I totally discount everything they have said.

But I never heard that MJ had a lung injury. Only that he had chronic inflammation which many live with in their everyday lives and there are varying degrees of it too.

I didn't see a man psychological out of it when I watch him perform in This Is It. I saw a man that was still very much a gifted quick thinker who was very engrossed in all aspects of the tour. I still saw a man who was still very much the perfectionist.

I believe the ME who looked inside of MJs body. He was overall a very healthy individual especially for 50 years of age in fact the ME said that he was in much better shape than others his same age.

So MJs medical conditions were not life threatening in the least and they certainly didn't stop him because his last rehearsal is proof of that.

MJ is dead for one reason only because Murray intoxicated MJ with powerful propofol and combined it with benzos and just walked out and left him on his own.

IMO

Period.

In reply to a post up the page, I don't think Murray will get just probation if he is convicted. That would be a slap in the faces of the whole Jackson family. He will get some prison time, I am pretty sure. Not enough!

And btw, I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the word 'propofol.' I could retire and move to Hawaii. Oh, wait... I'm already retired. Still... I may never want to see or hear that word ever again once this is over.

IMO

And that's all that needs to be said. Murray is RESPONSIBLE, end of story.

I cannot get the link to work now. When I can I will post it.

But the NV Medical Board says Murray's license has expired.

His license expired 6/30/11:

I can understand why he didn't renew them. How can he go back there and face all of his professional cohorts with them knowing what he has done? He knows once this trial is over all three MBs are going to come down on him hard. Even if found NG he will still lose his license to practice, imo.

And I think his wife has told him not to come back.

He doesn't even own a home there anymore. It was sold in foreclosure for $800k and he owes double that on it.

Just passing on that little tidbit for anyone who is interested.

I would LOVE for the jury to hear about this. But I doubt that the prosecution
wants to pull any of the kids into this emotional trial. I am not sure if it is worth it in the end. I could not stand it if Flanagan was unleashed on Prince, for example. *shudder*

But I sure wish that the jury could hear what a self serving, flat out liar this doctor Murray has turned out to be. yuck :mad:

Well no doctor wants their patient to die while under their care and being human, Michael’s sudden death must have shocked him and ripped his heart out. He was likely overcome wth grief after the sudden loss of his dear friend Michael Jackson.

I can understand why CM needed to distance himself from MJ's family; men often repress their emotions and since CM was the person closest to Michael prior to his death, Dr. Murray probably ran to his car and sobbed his heart out.

JMO

Well no doctor wants their patient to die while under their care and being human, Michael’s sudden death must have shocked him and ripped his heart out. He was likely overcome wth grief after the sudden loss of his dear friend Michael Jackson.

I can understand why CM needed to distance himself from MJ's family; men often repress their emotions and since CM was the person closest to Michael prior to his death, Dr. Murray probably ran to his car and sobbed his heart out.

JMO

Bluesky, I think you must be an exceptionally caring person. What you have written here is probably how you would have felt and acted if someone died while under your medical watch.

The only thing I can agree with is that no Dr wants their patient to die while under their care. Dr Drew implied tonight on HLN that everything Dr Murray did before Michael died was medically incorrect. Also that everything he did after Michael's death was the right thing to do.

I'm trying to temper my words about this 'bad' doctor. I'm confident that testimony will lead to the truth and Michael will have Justice. IMO

I still cant get past the why of it all. Still. WHY?

If Murray cared at all about saving Micheal he could have prevented all of this. Micheal could have lived years with this addiction properly monitored. So..why wasnt Murray monitoring him.

I do not think Murray was so shallow and only cared about money ,because that defeated the point. If he cared about Micheals money ,Micheal would be alive so Murray would be getting it.

I cannot move past this not being accidental on Murrays part .

If Murray cared at all about saving Micheal he could have prevented all of this. Micheal could have lived years with this addiction properly monitored. So..why wasnt Murray monitoring him.

I do not think Murray was so shallow and only cared about money ,because that defeated the point. If he cared about Micheals money ,Micheal would be alive so Murray would be getting it.

Personally, I think Dr. M was in way over his head and his ego wouldn't allow him to admit it to himself or MJ.

I cannot get the link to work now. When I can I will post it.

But the NV Medical Board says Murray's license has expired.

His license expired 6/30/11:

I can understand why he didn't renew them. How can he go back there and face all of his professional cohorts with them knowing what he has done? He knows once this trial is over all three MBs are going to come down on him hard. Even if found NG he will still lose his license to practice, imo.

And I think his wife has told him not to come back.

He doesn't even own a home there anymore. It was sold in foreclosure for $800k and he owes double that on it.

Just passing on that little tidbit for anyone who is interested.

Well, well, well, Ocean Eyes of Blue! You paint a lousy picture for the good doctor. Such a pity...

I agree with the folks thinking he'll do some time in the jailhouse -- at least a couple of years. The state of CA will have to make him serve some amount of time because of the Jackson family and the public. (Has anybody else had flashbacks to John Lennon's murder during all this?? And his killer, Chapman, has been denied parole 6 times on a 20 to life sentence.) And CM will probably be able to survive prison if he stands with his back to the corner at all times, and keeps one eye open when he sleeps. But what will he have when he gets out?

I also agree -- no license to practice. And no money unless he sells his story and the CA laws allow him to keep it, and probably no home unless his current girlfriend/roomie waits for him to get out -- minus his starship Jackson gravy train and her chance at MJ putting her on his starship as well, and CM's $150K/mo salary. Well, he'll still have his looks & charm -- maybe that'll be enuff. Ya think??!!

Thanks for painting such a sad picture of CM's future possibilities. I like your kind of artwork!
icon10.gif

Soul, ITA that CM did not intend to kill MJ. CM's future with Michael was going to be great for him -- he even might have ended up as the administrator of MJ's Children's Hospital & he would be set for life.

I think CM was NOT trying to wean MJ from milk, at least not that night if MJ was really pleading for it. CM just did what he had been doing with the milk cocktail, but that night he just mistakenly gave a little more than usual or the drip was dispensing more than usual (since he had no idea at what rate the milk was dripping and it was a 100ml vial which is a lot coupled with the drugs already on board). CM may have been a bit peeved with MJ, or he may have thought that MJ needed a bit more than usual or something.

Anyway, it all went wrong and came to a horrible end that CM certainly did not want to happen. When CM found him, IMO he was good & dead, so he knew there was no hurry -- took time to CHA as best he could, too-quickly thought of some kind of scenario that would fly with the staff who wouldn't understand what he said anyway, and thought he was smart enuff to cover his tracks & throw enuff medical jargon at all of them to get by & then he would cruise along till he could get the he!! outta Dodge.

Accidental but arrogant, felonious and egregious negligence -- an insult to his profession, to the People of the State of CA, and to the Jackson family and most of all to a sweet, quirky, amazingly talented little childlike man named Michael.
icon9.gif

here ends my mini-rant :rant:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.