Conrad Murray trial -Day twelve.

Discussion in 'Conrad Murray' started by Soulmagent, Oct 13, 2011.

1. TxLady2

TxLady2 Active Member

Great story! I bet your son remembers that day! Thanks for sharing.
    See, that's how MJ was... he loved his fans! I know it was those guys' job to protect him, but he wanted to at least acknowledge you and your son, and that's why he is so loved by so many. His heart was pure.

Btw, I hope Flanagan doesn't handle most of the defense's case next week, I am not sure I can take much more of him.
    Imagine if he was up on the stand and some dirt farmer was trying to cross examine him about the fine points of the law. Same thing... he is NOT a doctor, and he shouldn't be putting words in their mouths, or disputing what they say or confusing them. That's just idiotic. He's out of his league.
    Wonder why court was dismissed for the day?

2. Thundar

Thundar Active Member

Defense has Dr. White, an expert witness. The witness that is on the stand now stated he had worked with Dr. White and sounded impressed with him. I truly don't see how a Dr. can counteract what the other doctors have stated as standard of care though. So he is probably going to explain the use of propofol in the home setting?? Alright that made me laugh as I was typing it out.

I don't know, but I bet they pull something out. They have to have something to do with Lorazapam, 8 pills taken orally combined with 25 of propofol. I am pretty sure they will just soldier on.

3. FLmom777

FLmom777 Well-Known Member

OT but every time I see CM, I have to stop and remind myself that it is not Cheney Mason. Does this happen to anyone else?

4. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Here's a helpful hint for Flanagan, a weekend purchase perhaps:

[​IMG]

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Being a narcissist, I think he believes everything will be fine. He expects that the jury will be swayed by his charms.

I think the DT will try and present a defense. They are putting up Dr White, to try and confuse the jury somehow. He is supposedly a propofil expert, so I imagine he will say that the autopsy reports were mistaken somehow.

But I do not think the defense will prevail. Just plain old common sense tells us that Murray should have never set up that deadly situation for MJ.

6. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

Oh yes! I've told the story many times through the years.
    I wish I'd had my iphone or a camera with us so we'd have a photo to go with the autographed McD's Bag.

I live in Arizona now. Number 3 son lives in Brooklyn & this morning before the trial began, we were chatting.
    He asked me why I was up so early (it was about 5:30 my time).

I told him I had insomnia. That I was awake since 2:30 am.
    I said I'd go back to bed, but didn't want to miss the CM Trial.
    (He knows I've been "following it" ... what he doesn't know is that I've become addicted to it,
    am still in my "sun dress" AKA nightgown and haven't done any thing else all week!)

He said he "saw on the news the body. Did they find out where his belly button went yet?"
    I wasn't sure what he meant by that.

I then sent a link to the "Man In The Mirror" video. He responded with "Awesome! <3"

This son is now a graphic on-air illustrator/artist at Comedy Central in Manhattan.

While I'm bragging about relatives today... son # 2 is a screen writer, film critic and writer
    of articles about documentary films for several of his own blogs, and for others, including MTV
    and the Documentary Channel (he'll be getting his masters in film studies from NYU in Jan 2012).

Here's his blog at Documentary Channel and a photo...

http://blog.documentarychannel.com/

OK enough of me... what's your personal MJ Story?
    Or you can brag about your kids, too.
    Unless this has been against the rules here at WS.

7. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

And one more:

If our good doctor CM was planning to wean MJ off the milk, why did he order such BOATLOADS of it????

8. peace9274

I think so, too

9. TxLady2

TxLady2 Active Member

I think Murray looks worried, I think I see some fear in his eyes when these doctors are emphasizing how unconscionable his actions were. I would be scared out of my mind, he is not looking good at all. When the trial first started, I thought there might be a slight chance he could skate, but now..... not so much.

10. peace9274

FYI...
    In case you missed it.
    Or you just want to watch it again... (Bwahahahaha)

"In Session" (on TruTV) is usually an hour or more behind the Live coverage of the CM Trial and is now showing Flanagan questioning Dr Kamangar, from this morning.
    Or it could be from yesterday afternoon. (Weren't they exactly the same?)

11. EPfan

EPfan New Member

I enjoyed your story, but I don't have one.
    I loved how MJ invented the MoonWalk and I also really liked Thriller, MJ was an amazing entertainer and talent. I must admit that I wasn't a big fan because I wasn't into pop music, I guess. I realize that I missed out.

I did watch the molestation trial and really didn't know what to think of it all.
    I would have found him Not Guilty if I had been on the jury, because the people that claimed he was guilty just didn't seem trustworthy. They just weren't believable on the witness stand. I always thought that they were out for money.
    It really is very sad that such a talented man, with everything in his favor, had such a tragic end to his life.
    He needed someone around him to be positive and get him back on track.

12. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

You attended the trial?

13. Talina

Talina New Member

The annual meeting of the American Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists started today in Chicago and runs through the weekend. Both Dr.Shafer and Dr.White are attending that tomorrow and from what I've heard on tv, Dr. Shafer is receiving some prestigious award tomorrow.

14. Talina

Talina New Member

Peace...great story about your son and MJ!!

15. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Ah, thank you! I thought it must be due to scheduling conflict, but know I know! :blowkiss:

16. borndem

:lol: :floorlaugh:

17. borndem

My Dear Talina -- I think it's more like wishful thinking!!![​IMG]

18. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

Just fyi - MJ popularized the dance move but he didn't invent it. I agree Thriller was and still is amazing. You were at the molestation trial?

19. peace9274

I have a few questions:

1. If Dr Shafer & Dr White are very good friends, isn't it a conflict of interest that they're testifying on opposite teams?

2. Why was Dr White (?) sitting directly behind the lawyers, instead of in the audience section?

3. Don't the witnesses have to wait outside the courtroom before they testify & when a witness for the opposite team is testifying?

Thanx in advance

20. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Awesome story Peace. I so wish your son could have seen him!!