Conrad Murray trial -Day twelve.

OK... time to tell you all my own personal Michael Jackson story.

My youngest of 3 sons is now 33 yrs old. When MJ began doing videos on TV my son was a little boy.
He adored MJ from the very start. He tried to dance and sing and even dress like him....
despite he was a blond almost white haired little boy.

When my son was 10 yrs old, in March 1988 MJ was on tour and he wanted to see MJ in concert sooo badly.
I told my son that as soon as tickets went on sale, at 8:00 am, I'd start calling to get tickets for either a NYC
or a Hartford, CT Michael Jackson Concert.

I did so (despite being up all night working the night shift) ... and I had a friend help do it also.
But all we got was the busy signal over and over. We continued to speed dial over and over, for 1.5 hrs
and then the call went through.... only to be told that the concerts were all sold out and no more tickets would be sold.

I wanted to cry and hated to have to tell my son when he got home from school. He was disappointed, but understood.

Then a couple weeks later, on the day of the first concert in Hartford, CT.... my 3 sons and I were on the CT Turnpike in
Orange, CT (which is on the way to Hartford). We stopped at the rest area where there is also a McDonalds restaurant.
It was about 3:00 pm and McDonald's was almost totally empty.

Sitting by the window with our drinks and fries... we noticed a white limo pull up. The longest limo I've ever seen!
A smaller white limo was directly behind it.

We then saw about 4 huge black guys in suits get out and walk up the walkway and enter McD's and then to the men's room,
not too far from where we were sitting. They went in and came out immediately, and while one of them stood outside the men's
room (to not allow anyone to enter), the others went back to the limo.

Two more big guys and a much smaller guy got out of the limo. The big guys surrounded the smaller guy as they all walked up the
walkway and into the men's room. Three of the guys stood outside, at attention, with arms crossed behind them, blocking the doors
to the men's room.

The other guys and the smaller guy, who we now recognized as MJ, walked out of McDonald's (they didn't buy anything).
I told my son to go ask for his autograph. He froze and just stared at me. I said I would go do it. I jumped up, grabbed one
of the McDonald's bags, a lady next to us handed me a pen and I went sort of running down the walkway after the group of
men that were just about to get into the huge limo.
I turned and noticed that my son was right on my heels!

The bodyguards held up their hands & arms to us and said "No autographs. No talking to Mr Jackson."

Michael turned away from the bodyguards and toward us. He said, "No. It's OK."
He touched, patted my son's head and then signed our McDonald's bag. He then smiled and
said, "See you tonight?" Before I could say that we weren't able to get tickets...
Michael was pushed into the limo and it took off.

My son had difficulty talking for the next 2 hours.

If anyone want's to see the McDonald's Bag with MJ's autograph on it, I'll try to post it on here.

BTW, my son out-grew Michael Jackson as his #1 fan... but my fascination with him grew.
I never thought he molested any children. I think from all the videos of him interacting with
his children, he was a very good father... especially under the circumstances.

And he made sure other loving aunts/uncles, cousins and grandparents were around them.
They seem very well adjusted to me. Despite him being goofy at times, Michael Jackson,
in my mind, has always been one of the greatest, most talented, creative singer, dancer, choreographer, director, and actor.
Of all time.

Great story! I bet your son remembers that day! Thanks for sharing.
See, that's how MJ was... he loved his fans! I know it was those guys' job to protect him, but he wanted to at least acknowledge you and your son, and that's why he is so loved by so many. His heart was pure.

Btw, I hope Flanagan doesn't handle most of the defense's case next week, I am not sure I can take much more of him.
Imagine if he was up on the stand and some dirt farmer was trying to cross examine him about the fine points of the law. Same thing... he is NOT a doctor, and he shouldn't be putting words in their mouths, or disputing what they say or confusing them. That's just idiotic. He's out of his league.
Wonder why court was dismissed for the day?

I just keep asking myself, What is the DT going to do to somehow rehabilitate their client? I know they haven't had their shot yet, but all I can see that they have are blanks.

How can they avoid not putting CM on the stand? Maybe they will present no defense (which could be one reason they have arranged to show their own exhibits) and pray that their closing remarks will do the job.

In NC courts, if the DT does not present a defense, they will get the last closing argument instead of the State. Is that so in CA?

Maybe they are just gonna blame it all on MJ od'ing himself??

What else have they got, folks???

And I wonder what CM is thinking when he goes home at night? Does he think he has a chance at NG or a hung jury? Really deep down, does he?

I'll stop now...

Defense has Dr. White, an expert witness. The witness that is on the stand now stated he had worked with Dr. White and sounded impressed with him. I truly don't see how a Dr. can counteract what the other doctors have stated as standard of care though. So he is probably going to explain the use of propofol in the home setting?? Alright that made me laugh as I was typing it out.

I don't know, but I bet they pull something out. They have to have something to do with Lorazapam, 8 pills taken orally combined with 25 of propofol. I am pretty sure they will just soldier on.

OT but every time I see CM, I have to stop and remind myself that it is not Cheney Mason. Does this happen to anyone else?

Here's a helpful hint for Flanagan, a weekend purchase perhaps:

dsaquanet.jpg

I just keep asking myself, What is the DT going to do to somehow rehabilitate their client? I know they haven't had their shot yet, but all I can see that they have are blanks.

How can they avoid not putting CM on the stand? Maybe they will present no defense (which could be one reason they have arranged to show their own exhibits) and pray that their closing remarks will do the job.

In NC courts, if the DT does not present a defense, they will get the last closing argument instead of the State. Is that so in CA?

Maybe they are just gonna blame it all on MJ od'ing himself??

What else have they got, folks???

And I wonder what CM is thinking when he goes home at night? Does he think he has a chance at NG or a hung jury? Really deep down, does he?

I'll stop now...

Being a narcissist, I think he believes everything will be fine. He expects that the jury will be swayed by his charms.

I think the DT will try and present a defense. They are putting up Dr White, to try and confuse the jury somehow. He is supposedly a propofil expert, so I imagine he will say that the autopsy reports were mistaken somehow.

But I do not think the defense will prevail. Just plain old common sense tells us that Murray should have never set up that deadly situation for MJ.

Does your son still remember that meeting?

I got nothing about meeting any star. If a big white limo pulled up to our Mickie Ds it would have been dropped by aliens. That's how far off the beaten path I live.

Oh yes! I've told the story many times through the years.
I wish I'd had my iphone or a camera with us so we'd have a photo to go with the autographed McD's Bag.

I live in Arizona now. Number 3 son lives in Brooklyn & this morning before the trial began, we were chatting.
He asked me why I was up so early (it was about 5:30 my time).

I told him I had insomnia. That I was awake since 2:30 am.
I said I'd go back to bed, but didn't want to miss the CM Trial.
(He knows I've been "following it" ... what he doesn't know is that I've become addicted to it,
am still in my "sun dress" AKA nightgown and haven't done any thing else all week!)

He said he "saw on the news the body. Did they find out where his belly button went yet?"
I wasn't sure what he meant by that.

I then sent a link to the "Man In The Mirror" video. He responded with "Awesome! <3"

This son is now a graphic on-air illustrator/artist at Comedy Central in Manhattan.

While I'm bragging about relatives today... son # 2 is a screen writer, film critic and writer
of articles about documentary films for several of his own blogs, and for others, including MTV
and the Documentary Channel (he'll be getting his masters in film studies from NYU in Jan 2012).

Here's his blog at Documentary Channel and a photo...

http://blog.documentarychannel.com/

OK enough of me... what's your personal MJ Story?
Or you can brag about your kids, too.
Unless this has been against the rules here at WS.

And one more:

If our good doctor CM was planning to wean MJ off the milk, why did he order such BOATLOADS of it????

I think Murray looks worried, I think I see some fear in his eyes when these doctors are emphasizing how unconscionable his actions were. I would be scared out of my mind, he is not looking good at all. When the trial first started, I thought there might be a slight chance he could skate, but now..... not so much.

FYI...
In case you missed it.
Or you just want to watch it again... (Bwahahahaha)

"In Session" (on TruTV) is usually an hour or more behind the Live coverage of the CM Trial and is now showing Flanagan questioning Dr Kamangar, from this morning.
Or it could be from yesterday afternoon. (Weren't they exactly the same?)

I think so, too

I enjoyed your story, but I don't have one.
I loved how MJ invented the MoonWalk and I also really liked Thriller, MJ was an amazing entertainer and talent. I must admit that I wasn't a big fan because I wasn't into pop music, I guess. I realize that I missed out.

I did watch the molestation trial and really didn't know what to think of it all.
I would have found him Not Guilty if I had been on the jury, because the people that claimed he was guilty just didn't seem trustworthy. They just weren't believable on the witness stand. I always thought that they were out for money.
It really is very sad that such a talented man, with everything in his favor, had such a tragic end to his life.
He needed someone around him to be positive and get him back on track.

I loved how MJ invented the MoonWalk and I also really liked Thriller, MJ was an amazing entertainer and talent. I must admit that I wasn't a big fan because I wasn't into pop music, I guess. I realize that I missed out.

I did watch the molestation trial and really didn't know what to think of it all.
I would have found him Not Guilty if I had been on the jury, because the people that claimed he was guilty just didn't seem trustworthy. They just weren't believable on the witness stand. I always thought that they were out for money.
It really is very sad that such a talented man, with everything in his favor, had such a tragic end to his life.

You attended the trial?

Is Court really over 'til Monday? What happened?

Cool that meeting MJ story peace! You must have felt you were experiencing a miracle for your son!

The annual meeting of the American Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists started today in Chicago and runs through the weekend. Both Dr.Shafer and Dr.White are attending that tomorrow and from what I've heard on tv, Dr. Shafer is receiving some prestigious award tomorrow.

The annual meeting of the American Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists started today in Chicago and runs through the weekend. Both Dr.Shafer and Dr.White are attending that tomorrow and from what I've heard on tv, Dr. Shafer is receiving some prestigious award tomorrow.

Ah, thank you! I thought it must be due to scheduling conflict, but know I know! :blowkiss:

Oh my goodness. Flanagan hypothetical: if i were to fall and i collapsed, well you probably wouldn't want to do anything but would you....

Did I hear that right or am I just reading a snide remark there when there wasn't one?

My Dear Talina -- I think it's more like wishful thinking!!!
icon10.gif

Just fyi - MJ popularized the dance move but he didn't invent it. I agree Thriller was and still is amazing. You were at the molestation trial?

I have a few questions:

1. If Dr Shafer & Dr White are very good friends, isn't it a conflict of interest that they're testifying on opposite teams?

2. Why was Dr White (?) sitting directly behind the lawyers, instead of in the audience section?

3. Don't the witnesses have to wait outside the courtroom before they testify & when a witness for the opposite team is testifying?

Thanx in advance

Awesome story Peace. I so wish your son could have seen him!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back