Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?

POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?

POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a current, accurate map of effected states?

The only map I can find that I think is doing a fairly good job of covering the cases for all of US is the BNO map. Link below. They are a little late lately with some of the new states reporting in the US because they wait to get official state figures, but usually within a day or so they seem to catch up.

You can zoom in and out, and also drag the map left and right. Then if you click on a DOT, it gives latest information for that area.

You may already be familiar with this map as we have shared it a lot when this started in China.

ETA - I am also including another site link "Worldometer" below that one that doesnt have a map for US but does have some good information for the world cases everywhere.

SARS-CoV-2 (BNO News / BNO Noticias Coronavirus tracker) - خرائطي على Google

Coronavirus Update (Live): 102,050 Cases and 3,494 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

The only map I can find that I think is doing a fairly good job of covering the cases for all of US is the BNO map. Link below. They are a little late lately with some of the new states reporting in the US because they wait to get official state figures, but usually within a day or so they seem to catch up.

You can zoom in and out, and also drag the map left and right. Then if you click on a DOT, it gives latest information for that area.

You may already be familiar with this map as we have shared it a lot when this started in China.

ETA - I am also including another site link "Worldometer" below that one that doesnt have a map for US but does have some good information for the world cases everywhere.

SARS-CoV-2 (BNO News / BNO Noticias Coronavirus tracker) - خرائطي على Google

Coronavirus Update (Live): 102,050 Cases and 3,494 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
I have been referring to this one quite a bit
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Is there a current, accurate map of effected states?

Oh, and just found out on this link below, if you scroll past the international figures, at the bottom of that long list, you can click on USA and if you scroll up after clicking USA, it gives totals for each city.

Again, they sometimes are a little late like a day or so to catch up with the breaking state news, but they usually get them pretty close and fairly quickly for US.

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

Is coronavirus in Ohio? ‘Any day now,’ says ODH director

Well, Ohio is finally testing. Unfortunately, they're using private, for profit companies to do the testing. One of them, Quest Diagnostics, messed up testing my cancer biopsy so badly they delayed diagnosis of a very aggressive cancer for a month. I ended up going to a much bigger health care system with in house testing - no problem. So I don't have much faith in Quest.

DeWine is still saying when it comes to Ohio (any day now) it will be just like any other flu. :rolleyes::mad:

Is coronavirus in Ohio? ‘Any day now,’ says ODH director

Well, Ohio is finally testing. Unfortunately, they're using private, for profit companies to do the testing. One of them, Quest Diagnostics, messed up testing my cancer biopsy so badly they delayed diagnosis of a very aggressive cancer for a month. I ended up going to a much bigger health care system with in house testing - no problem. So I don't have much faith in Quest.

DeWine is still saying when it comes to Ohio (any day now) it will be just like any other flu. :rolleyes::mad:

Will Ohio release the general area of the people in Ohio that test positive? I don't think so because they claim it's against their policy.

I don't believe Ohio is doing anything much at all.

Surprising Michigan and Ohio don't have cases....maybe not testing? We have people from MI and OH on the thread - any updates on testing?

Correct. Not testing. They've only given tests to about 8 people. They're still using the first guidelines that said test only people who have been sick and recently traveled back from China.

Probably due to pressure from the business community and the big, wealthy universities who don't want to see all the kids go home and drop out for a semester. Two people they tested were foreign college students (assume from China). Fortunately, they tested negative because the state didn't isolate anyone, nor did they tell the students until test results were completed.

In so many words, they're claiming it will be no worse than the regular flu, so I'm assuming they haven't consulted with too many good physicians, or haven't listened to the advice given.

What will the next month look like in the United States?
I've been trying not to imagine it. I suppose it could be really really much worse. Hopefully, it will be better or getting better.

I'm going to sleep on it, or just sleep. I already set my clocks ahead an hour so def time for bed. And a break.

Take care all.

I've been trying not to imagine it. I suppose it could be really really much worse. Hopefully, it will be better or getting better.

I'm going to sleep on it, or just sleep. I already set my clocks ahead an hour so def time for bed. And a break.

Take care all.

Comparing us to other countries, it seems likely it will get much worse before it gets better. It's just the way these epidemics play out.

Good night!

Tonight’s map of the US. Iowa is currently an island, but not for long.

I suspect DC will start to increase numbers rapidly, given foreign travel in & out, and the known cases at CPAC and the other conference with thousands of attendees, including politicians.

(I can't believe I finally made it to the end of the active pages on these threads! Hard to keep up.)

From the last thread:

BBM:

@firebird said:
The vast minority of people will not need to be hospitalized. So the only way it's going to overrun healthcare is due to unnecessary trips to healthcare and/or quarantining of healthcare workers.”

Uh, wrong. Not even going to add moo here because there are infinite reports, videos and articles about this, and how it ALREADY HAS overrun healthcare in the nations who have been dealing with the mass outbreaks. Maybe watch a couple YouTube videos...I’ve posted several in prior threads.

People, please try to do some at least basic research on things before you post content that derails and clogs the thread with misinformation.

I’m going to have to utilize my ignore button simply so I don’t have to weed through posts which are uninformed and distracting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member