Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

They definitely did something right at the party. Requiring a covid test prior to attending the party could have been the game changer. imo

.... attendees were pressed to adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention public health protocols.
    Tisbury health agent and boards of health spokesperson Maura Valley said, "As of today, I haven't seen any cases linked to the Obama party"

While it is still possible a link to Obama's birthday party could be found, time for that is running out as most estimates of the incubation period for COVID-19 range up to 14 days.
    "We still have contact tracing going on, but I think if there were cases popping up from the party, we'd be seeing them already," Valley said.
    COVID-19 cases spiking in Martha's Vineyard, but no link to Obama's birthday party reported two weeks later

All guests were required to take Covid tests before the event
    Everything We Know About Barack Obama’s 60th Birthday Party

2. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

insanity, 10ofRods, anneg and 5 others like this.
  3. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Veronica Wolski, Chicago Anti-Vax Activist and QAnon Supporter, Dies of COVID at 64
    Mon, September 13, 2021, 1:34 PM
    [​IMG]
    Veronica Wolski, Chicago Anti-Vax Activist and QAnon Supporter, Dies of COVID at 64

Veronica Wolski, a well-known QAnon supporter who was skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines, died of the virus early Monday. Her Telegram account, per the Tribune, was full of posts “showing a disdain for masking, vaccines and other mainstream approaches to avoiding COVID-19.”

Wolski was hospitalized in Chicago and in the days leading up to her death, the hospital was inundated with calls from her supporters,
    demanding that she be given Ivermectin, a drug that can be used to deworm livestock or humans, depending on the formulation.

Her supporters contacted the hospital with their demands for a week, but the hospital previously said its doctors and clinicians were following Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance and would not prescribe Ivermectin for COVID-19.

On Sunday, Lin Wood, a lawyer known for his support of former President Donald Trump and his false claims that the 2020 election was somehow rigged or stolen, posted a video to Telegram on Sunday that showed him calling the hospital, demanding her release and suggesting the institution could be charged for murder if they didn’t discharge Wolski.

“There’s an ambulance waiting for her outside. There’s a medical doctor waiting for her to treat her. If you do not release her, you’re going to be guilty of murder. Do you understand what murder is?” he asked.

4. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

I actually wish that the hospital had released her into their care. But I wonder what her wishes were.

5. musicaljoke

6. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

And, even if they were, it was a poor example to set. We know vaccinated people can become infected and shed the virus. They should have known better.

Parties, can--and should--cease for the time being. Everyone's health depends on it.

However, there are so very many other things that people are doing--not masking, not contact tracing, not social distancing--that I'm not sure a party is any worse.

Turkeytrot, Sundog and Cool Cats like this.
  7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Obama's guests were vaccinated and had a covid test prior to the party. Nothing is a 100 % of course, but one can do things responsibly. I am much more concerned about all those sports events where there is no social distancing, no proof of vaccination, and no coivd tests required. And tens of thousands of people attend.

sds71, 303gmf, LaborDayRN and 7 others like this.
  8. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  9. musicaljoke

People in Florida are notorious for acting against their own best interest. No doubt this is an attempt to silence anyone who tries to expose the sneaky ways in which inequality is sustained. We know that certain minority groups are more vulnerable to covid than others. The rule makers are the least vulnerable.

Mo Thuairim, sds71, 303gmf and 6 others like this.
  10. ParkerParky

ParkerParky Well-Known Member

This...I will never forgive the unvaccinated for what they are doing to our healthcare system and the workers. Very shameful. IMO

11. ParkerParky

ParkerParky Well-Known Member

I have a family member that is a pharmacist and I read the article aloud to her to see if there was agreement on these experiences. She said...unfortunately what they are describing is accurate.

so much needless death...:(

12. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

It is, as you say, shameful, and unforgiveable ----

13. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

14. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Jeff Bridges says he got Covid while in chemo and it made 'cancer look like a piece of cake' (nbcnews.com)

"Covid kicked my ass pretty good, but I'm double vaccinated and feeling much better," Bridges wrote on his website Monday.

Oscar-winning actor Jeff Bridges said Monday that his lymphoma is in remission, and he is feeling better after battling Covid-19, which he said made "cancer look like a piece of cake."

"My cancer is in remission — the 9x12 mass has shrunk down to the size of a marble," Bridges, probably best known for playing The Dude in 1998's "The Big Lebowski," wrote on his website.

Bridges, 71, announced in October of last year that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. He said at the time that his prognosis was "good" and he was starting treatment.

On Monday, Bridges also shared that his "Covid is the rearview mirror."...

15. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Yet, virions from vaccinated people are less infectious than those from the unvaccinated - despite similar numbers of virions.

That's because the antibodies from the vaccine attach themselves to the COVID virions in the nasal passages - so that the virions are already neutralized, thereby dramatically cutting the risk of a vaccinated person passing it on.

16. 10ofRods

All I know is that people who've never heard shots called "jabs" feel horrified by the word (source: polling my students as to how they feel about various COVID terms). "Jab" sounds awful and it made me wonder if that word alone wasn't making some people squeamish.

It's a tiny shot. Little itty bitty needle and there's no "jab" when it goes in...

LaborDayRN, Lilibet, Bailey38 and 7 others like this.
  17. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

I don't like the word "jab", either. I also wish that the media would stop using the phrase "shots in arms". I cringe every time I hear it :mad: Many people do not like needles or injections of any kind and are probably turned off to the vaccine when they hear "shots in arms". JMO

LaborDayRN, Lilibet, anneg and 5 others like this.
  18. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

That's encouraging!

Still, the CDC is suggesting that everyone social distance, wear masks, and get the jab. For now.

When public figures participate in events that are perceived as bordering on impropriety, it may seem hypocritical. I'm not judging the right or the wrong of the party, but it's not surprising that many view it as wrong and hypocritical. We look to leaders to set examples.

Of course, there are much worse events taking place.

19. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

I'm still going to call my flu shot, a flu shot, so there jab!

But jab has really taken over in the past week or so here.
    I don't like the idea of being jabbed, though when I think of it, shot could sound pretty violent too.

Maybe we could say we got our Vaxx today :) Nothing jabby or shooty there :)

This is like an argument here with an aquaintance ages ago over what you call those draught stoppers, in our house we called them a snake, in their house they called them a sausage. :D

I might start saying vaxx and see if I can get a trend going.

20. 10ofRods

I've been saying vaxxed, will vax, did vax, etc. I'm on board with your mission to change the word, ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.