Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lilibet I am just very critical about news articles that have some sort of agenda. The United States was in a huge crisis last year, due to Covid-19 shutdown.

But now, we, as a society are learning to move forward. It looks like Covid-19 is here to stay, so people need to adapt. That means going back to work, living the "new" normal, whatever that is. Part of that "normalcy", is people pay their rent, or they are homeless. That is the way it is.

Landlords are not evil or mean. They provide housing for people who pay rent. If you can't pay, you need to leave. Not sure why there is so much drama about this issue in the United States.

Here's what renters can expect after the end of the federal eviction ban - CNN

Hopefully, this woman, and others like her, can get assistance with employment counseling, job placement, or file for disability.

Your Quote:
Hopefully, this woman, and others like her, can get assistance with employment counseling, job placement, or file for disability.

Hey mickey, you forgot go-fund-me. She had her go-fund-me goal as $6,000 and has so far raised $9,000 +

So there's that!

Last edited:
This article explains the scarring that happens on the heart of some younger people when they have covid.

This guy is a very fit 38 year old, who contracted covid in March 2020 when he was in NY.
18 months later, he may now need a heart transplant.

Sydney man facing heart transplant after Covid leaves him with chronic health issues

Speaking of heart issues, a very good friend tested positive for covid recently. She was hospitalized. While in care, approximately ten days after her positive diagnosis, she had a heart attack and died.

The same month another friend died of a heart attack. I don’t know all the details, but I suspect his situation may have been similar to my other friend’s.

Did people have heart attacks before covid, of course they did. But does covid affect the heart? Of course it can:

““During the reaction to the virus, the blood can get excessively thick and clot and cause heart attacks, blood clots in the lungs,” Dr. Gilmore said.”

[...]

““I’ve seen multiple patients who had a COVID infection, and then they have a heart attack or stroke or some kind of lethal secondary cardiac complication from the COVID infection,” Dr. Gilmore said.”

Cardiologist explains effects of COVID-19 on the heart

To date, this brings the total to three of my friends who have died of covid. That I know about. No condolences necessary.

Also, another BFF tested positive and got quite ill, called the hospital but there were no ICU beds, so he had to recover at home. Thankfully he made it through okay.

Eta: None of my above four friends mentioned above was vaccinated.

Last edited:
Your Quote:

Hey mickey, you forgot go-fund-me. She had her go-fund-me goal as $6,000 and has so far raised $9,000 +

So there's that!

https://newsone.com/4187093/dasha-kelly-sued--scandal/

Of course! A woman in Las Vegas got over $125,000. Looks like she has some legal issues now.

Las Vegas News | Breaking News & Headlines | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Right-wing activist Laura Loomer, who once said 'bad fajitas' were worse than COVID-19, has tested positive and says she's in 'so much pain'
0899e34080cbf2760bda29e130058a8e

Right-wing activist Laura Loomer has said that she has tested positive for the virus. Loomer has previously said she hoped to catch COVID-19 to prove that it's a "hyped up virus."
  • She has said "I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I've had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life-threatening than a hyped-up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID."
  • She has described her symptoms as "brutal" and said she feels like she "got hit by a bus."
  • She is being treated with Azithromycin and Hydroxychloroquine and a dietary supplement.
  • Loomer said that she has not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and added that she doesn't plan on "ever taking it."
On Friday, Loomer accused the "leftist media" of relishing in her COVID-19 diagnosis. "Their hopes that i die are a clear reminder that the left's growing outrage over supposed increased COVID deaths is all for show and political gain," she wrote.

"Just pray for me please," she wrote.

Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died of COVID-19 is a dark indication that we've all surrendered to the disease

6b5ee2edb22c4e1ccb152dffeb5d4b4d

• Anti-vaccine figures are dying of COVID and their deaths are being made light of.
  • This is a distraction and represents an acceptance of COVID's death toll.
  • We don't have to be nice to anti-vaxxers, but we should counter them to control infections.

Last edited:
No shot, no proof, no service: NYC businesses begin checks
Theses types of checks have been going on for the past month:

800.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — People dining indoors at New York City’s restaurants, browsing its museums or sweating in its gyms had to show proof that they were at least partially inoculated against COVID-19 as the city began the nation’s largest effort yet to exclude the unvaccinated from public places.

upload_2021-9-19_17-27-8.png
A Katz's Deli employee, left, checks the proof of vaccination from customers who will be eating inside the restaurant.

upload_2021-9-19_17-28-56.png
A sign posted on on a Lower East Side bar's window informs customer they must show proof of vaccination to to enter.

upload_2021-9-19_17-29-55.png
Katz's Deli customers from Essex County, N.J. find their proof of vaccinations, in order to be able to eat inside the restaurant.

upload_2021-9-19_17-30-56.png
A sign posted on Ivan Ramen restaurant's window informs customer they must show proof of vaccination to dine indoors.

Last edited:
Alabama is shrinking under the onslaught of Covid-19, its chief medical officer said, as deaths in the state outnumber births for the very first time.

“Here in Alabama, we continue to see deaths at a really high rate … 2020 is going to be the first year that we know of in the history of our state where we actually had more deaths than births.

“Our state literally shrunk in 2020, based on the numbers that we have managed to put together, and actually by quite a bit.”

Harris said Alabama had recorded a preliminary total of 64,714 deaths in 2020, compared with 57,641 births.

“It’s certainly possible that could happen this year as well if we continue in the same rate that we’re seeing now.”

Alabama population on course to shrink for first time ever as Covid takes toll

More than 100m Covid vaccine doses are due to expire and be “thrown away” unless global leaders urgently share surplus supplies with the world’s poorest countries, Gordon Brown has warned.

The “staggering” number of stockpiled “use now” jabs will be of no use to anyone by December

The former prime minister said the failure of Boris Johnson, Joe Biden and EU leaders to agree on a plan to distribute the spare doses meant the world was facing a “vaccine waste disaster”.

“Global political leaders must match the extraordinary commitment and cooperation of scientists and manufacturers who have created the opportunity to vaccinate the entire world.”

Gordon Brown calls for urgent action to avert ‘Covid vaccine waste disaster’

COVID has killed about as many Americans as the 1918-19 flu

We have reached the number of deaths that occurred in 1918- 675,000 AND COUNTING-- we have so many more tools at our disposable, which makes the death count disgraceful- we have technology and we could have good education through social media- instead of misinformation and disinformation. We have vaccines for goodness sakes, which is known to save lives and yet the unvaccinated continue to hoard beds in hospitals and they continue to die.

Thanks. Good article, lots of interesting info in there.

The article notes:
The 1918-19 influenza pandemic killed an estimated 675,000 Americans in a U.S. population one-third the size of what it is today. It struck down 50 million victims globally at a time when the world had one-quarter as many people as it does now. Global deaths from COVID-19 now stand at more than 4.6 million.

Other excerpts:
[Rather than the virus disappearing,] "scientists hope the virus that causes COVID-19 becomes a mild seasonal bug as human immunity strengthens through vaccination and repeated infection. That would take time.

“We hope it will be like getting a cold, but there’s no guarantee,” said Emory University biologist Rustom Antia, who suggests an optimistic scenario in which this could happen over a few years.

[...]

The ebbing of COVID-19 could happen if the virus progressively weakens as it mutates and more and more humans’ immune systems learn to attack it. Vaccination and surviving infection are the main ways the immune system improves. Breast-fed infants also gain some immunity from their mothers.

Under that optimistic scenario, schoolchildren would get mild illness that trains their immune systems. As they grow up, the children would carry the immune response memory, so that when they are old and vulnerable, the coronavirus would be no more dangerous than cold viruses.

The same goes for today’s vaccinated teens: Their immune systems would get stronger through the shots and mild infections.

“We will all get infected,” Antia predicted. “What’s important is whether the infections are severe.”

(more at link)

Listened to my state of New South Wales Covid update this morning, Live coverage on SBS Youtube.

Should have said I not only listened but watched the update :)

82.5% have had one dose vaccination
53% have had both doses.

And no new cases in three days in my home town.

Last edited:
Your Quote:

I wonder if ALL around the world there are scammers taking advantage of what this virus has done.
My guess.....Yes.
Scammers and deadbeats exhist in all countries.

So there's that!

A virus does not care who you are.
Many humans are stupid.

Right-wing activist Laura Loomer, who once said 'bad fajitas' were worse than COVID-19, has tested positive and says she's in 'so much pain'
0899e34080cbf2760bda29e130058a8e

Right-wing activist Laura Loomer has said that she has tested positive for the virus. Loomer has previously said she hoped to catch COVID-19 to prove that it's a "hyped up virus."
  • She has said "I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I've had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life-threatening than a hyped-up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID."
  • She has described her symptoms as "brutal" and said she feels like she "got hit by a bus."
  • She is being treated with Azithromycin and Hydroxychloroquine and a dietary supplement.
  • Loomer said that she has not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and added that she doesn't plan on "ever taking it."
On Friday, Loomer accused the "leftist media" of relishing in her COVID-19 diagnosis. "Their hopes that i die are a clear reminder that the left's growing outrage over supposed increased COVID deaths is all for show and political gain," she wrote.

"Just pray for me please," she wrote.

Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died of COVID-19 is a dark indication that we've all surrendered to the disease

6b5ee2edb22c4e1ccb152dffeb5d4b4d

• Anti-vaccine figures are dying of COVID and their deaths are being made light of.
  • This is a distraction and represents an acceptance of COVID's death toll.
  • We don't have to be nice to anti-vaxxers, but we should counter them to control infections.
Hey

The politicians and the Entertainment Industries throw huge maskless parties.
Yes, vaccinated only.
Okay, I own a catering and restaurant business.
Winter is coming. Holidays are coming.
Even though we've just bought another 3 heaters for our patio, it can be too cold to sit outside.
If it's raining, forget about it.
So, will we be able to sit people inside a warm restaurant if they are vaccinated?
I am guessing NO.
How on earth do the rich and famous keep having indoor parties?
I am beyond frustrated.

They Shunned COVID-19 Vaccines but Embraced Antibody Treatment

Lanson Jones did not think that the coronavirus would come for him. An avid tennis player in Houston who had not caught so much as a cold during the pandemic, he had refused a vaccine because he worried that it would spoil his streak of good health.

But contracting COVID-19 shattered his faith in his body’s defenses — so much so that Jones, nose clogged and appetite vanished, began hunting for anything to spare himself a nightmarish illness.
4eac41a1d191dfed1cd3eaf45514e6cd

Laura Jeffery, 43, receives an infusion of monoclonal antibodies at the Houston Methodist Hospital in Texas, on Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021.

The answer turned out to be monoclonal antibodies, a 1-year-old, laboratory-created drug no less experimental than the vaccine. In a glass-walled enclosure at Houston Methodist Hospital this month, Jones, 65, became one of more than a million patients, including Donald Trump and Joe Rogan, to receive an antibody infusion as the virus has battered the United States.
aeabe80f-096a-420a-a376-6f1916cd22d6-MonoClonal.jpg

Monoclonal antibody treatments have grown since July when the FDA gave emergency approval.

Vaccine-resistant Americans are turning to the treatment with a zeal that has, at times, mystified their doctors, chasing down lengthy infusions after rejecting vaccines that cost one-hundredth as much. Orders have exploded so quickly this summer — to 168,000 doses per week in late August, up from 27,000 in July — that the Biden administration warned states this week of a dwindling national supply.

Within days of his infusion, Jones had left the bedroom where he had been quarantined and returned to his work as a landscape architect. But he was still weighing whether to be vaccinated.

His doctor was pushing for the shot, he said. But the monoclonal antibodies had worked so well that he was tempted to simply return for another infusion if he caught COVID-19 again.

“If I can go get an infusion and feel as good as I do right now, man, I’d rather not take a vaccine that has just been developed,” he said. “That makes me nervous, still.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members