Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people are in the same boat, needing to work and desperate for elder care (childcare). Other than ‘the home’, what other plans could one make?

My adult children must work, look after children etc so how could they look after an ailing/dying parent?

The days of granny joining the family at home seem to be well and truly over from what I’ve seen.

One can only hope for a quick demise. Not guaranteed though.

I never want to go to ‘the home’!
Good luck getting into any “home”.
Looong waiting list.

Most people don’t make plans ahead until BAM!

Then it’s “What the heck are we going to do?”
JMO

I just snorted.
CVS and Walgreens plus Walmart show in stock.
Not true. People are driving 50-70 miles away to these places and no tests. I made that foolish mistake too.
They need to get their websites updated to show true status of these items.

The authorities in Ontario have finally admitted that half the number of positives are in this category!

Came in after traffic accident and was positive or heart attack and was positive. All asymptomatic.
I guess we need to look at this as good news. I hope this means that Omicron may be highly contagious BUT much less lethal.

I just snorted.
Not true. People are driving 50-70 miles away to these places and no tests. I made that foolish mistake too.
Yep. These tests are most likely not available on the shelf. I don't see how something can be required to take if it is so hard to find, or you have to wait so long for it.

I just snorted.

Depending on if they stock them behind the pharmacy or on a shelf is probably throwing their counts off. I can guarantee you they are high theft items.

They come out of inventory as they're scanned out at the checkouts.

So they hopefully will put them in the pharmacy and make you pay right then and there. Just need to make sure you only need one when the pharmacy is open.

This morning Sunday I had an appt. at my local Urgent Care, which is also my primary doc's clinic. I just needed a refill, and blood drawn.

I was surprised to see a line up of about 25 people outside. They were waiting for the rapid test, 3 to 4 hour wait the sign warned.
I live in an area which is not really a hot spot, and people comply with masking, even outside etc.

Waited outside to be called in for my appt with the NP, and heard a few say "I'm positive" after coming out. I doubled my mask with another I had handy.

Appt went fine, they called me in on time. NP told me she didn't understand why they didn't buy the in home tests, (plenty available last week at various local pharmacies), particularly the students who need it by tomorrow for school.

For myself, I ordered from Amazon two days ago, will get them by the 15th.....wanted them just in case.

Hoping to calm your fears. It's entirely possible they really do have bad colds. I had a nasty cold mid September. I was sick for 2 weeks.
It very well could be colds. I just wish they'd get tested if they can find tests. Thing is, they'll be out and about soon and if they're positive then they're spreading it. Three of them work. It's the uncaring attitude that bothers me.

So, Dr C is saying that there is more growing evidence that this may be the beginning of the long, slow end of the pandemic.

From studies in South Africa - studies which Dr C sees as valid - if you have had Delta you can still contract Omicron, but if you have had Omicron you shouldn't get Delta.

Along with Omicron appearing to be far less deadly, Omicron is able to override the antibodies that a previous Delta infection may have provided and infect persons who have had Delta.

(Therefore, if most of us catch Omicron, and this happens quite quickly to avoid further serious mutations, we may be able to achieve herd immunity imo)

Last edited:
Cape Cod children aged one and six left orphaned after parents both die days after Christmas | Daily Mail Online

Ok, so a “mystery illness” that killed both young parents after Christmas. I’m willing to take bets on what caused this tragedy.

The article mentions "medical conditions."

I bought two of the FlowFlex test kits from CVS.com in mid December and have them ready if needed.

Oops, sorry for the merging of a draft reply at top with another reply.

Last edited:
So, Dr C is saying that there is more growing evidence that this may be the beginning of the long, slow end of the pandemic.

From studies in South Africa - studies which Dr C sees as valid - if you have had Delta you can still contract Omicron, but if you have had Omicron you shouldn't get Delta.

Along with Omicron appearing to be far less deadly, Omicron is able to override the antibodies that a previous Delta infection may have provided and infect persons who have had Delta.

(Therefore, if most of us catch Omicron, and this happens quite quickly to avoid further serious mutations, we may be able to achieve herd immunity imo)

I just sent this encouraging video to my DIL (a doctor)!

As I was watching the video earlier this morning, I thought, hmmm, getting infected with omicron now is like receiving a vaccine designed for preventing delta. I hope omicron can help to end the horrific pandemic. Sooner the better.

Last edited:
No words.

Coroner finds 3 siblings at Johnstown home died of COVID-19 | AP News

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A western Pennsylvania coroner said Wednesday that three siblings found dead at a home near Johnstown two months ago all died from COVID-19.

The two men and a woman found in different locations on the property had died about five days before they were found in late October, he said.

Ruth Kinsey, 68, was on the kitchen floor. Richard Kinsey, 70, was in a living room chair. Donald Kinsey, 72, was found in bed in a camper inside a barn on the property.

Their bodies were discovered after authorities were asked to check on their welfare.

omg did they not realize they were sick and seek help?? how awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member