Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really admire how the Queen has tried to balance her personal safety with her obligations, and kept safe from Covid up until now. I guess it was inevitable, as she was willing to take the risk out of her incredible sense of duty.

Hope she fully recovers quickly.
She was filmed meeting with visitors just two days ago. I keep thinking, why is she expected to still be working at her age? Does she not deserve to enjoy a comfortable retirement like everyone else?

My work colleague who is nearing 60, but is rarely ill and was boosted, just had a bad bout of Omicron. She had terrible headaches and was unable to work for a week. No "light duties" for her.

The first international tourists in more than 700 days are arriving in Australia today. Some flights were already in the air before the border opened .. but timed to arrive when it was officially open.

56 flights are coming in today. From UK, Canada, Japan, USA.

The tourists are being greeted with music, and being handed jars of vegemite and fluffy Aussie toys (kangies & koalas) as they enter the terminal after clearing Customs.

International tourists fly to Australia for the first time in 700 days

She was filmed meeting with visitors just two days ago. I keep thinking, why is she expected to still be working at her age? Does she not deserve to enjoy a comfortable retirement like everyone else?

My work colleague who is nearing 60, but is rarely ill and was boosted, just had a bad bout of Omicron. She had terrible headaches and was unable to work for a week. No "light duties" for her.

She said this in 1947:

I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.

Basically, she has never wanted to abdicate. I do wonder if she’d be happier to hand over the reins if things were more stable within the family.

Anyway, as I’ve got Covid at the same time I feel in good company. Bet she’s not laid on the sofa surrounded by snotty tissues and eating her own body weight in chocolate, though ;)

She said this in 1947:

I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.

Basically, she has never wanted to abdicate. I do wonder if she’d be happier to hand over the reins if things were more stable within the family.

Anyway, as I’ve got Covid at the same time I feel in good company. Bet she’s not laid on the sofa surrounded by snotty tissues and eating her own body weight in chocolate, though ;)

You are in good company! sorry about the snot rags---- but the chocolate should help you feel just a titch better!!! Take care of yourself!

IMO this speaks to the efficacy of the vaccines, that she has a very mild case, or else I think there'd be a King Charles right now.

As an American I have my own feelings about the Royal Family, but as a human being, I see a 95- year old widow whose family is falling apart and who has been protected from Covid as much as anyone on earth. Yet it still found its way through all the palace walls. I think Charles has had it twice?

I'm still living an ultra-cautious lifestyle. Of course I'm eager to go back to a pre-Covid life, but this new variant and other variants to come make me feel unable to drop my mask and go enjoy my city. In NYC we've had some of the most stringent rules, but now it's like there's a collective shrug, the rules are being overturned because people just can't abide it anymore. IMO.
Charles probably was the one who infected her. He met with her then tested positive for covid a few days later. One can transmit covid for several days prior to appearance of symptoms.

Charles probably was the one who infected her. He met with her then tested positive for covid a few days later. One can transmit covid for several days prior to appearance of symptoms.

There has been an outbreak amongst staff at Windsor Castle n the k looks st few days, so more likely to be from that, I reckon. Charles hasn’t seen her since 8th February which would be a v long incubation period for (presumed) Omicron.

There has been an outbreak amongst staff at Windsor Castle n the k looks st few days, so more likely to be from that, I reckon. Charles hasn’t seen her since 8th February which would be a v long incubation period for (presumed) Omicron.

That is what we are hearing, also. That covid has been running through the staff. Being that there are about 150 staff at the castle (although the Queen's direct staff are likely fewer), no-one seems sure where her infection originated.

New York scraps health care workers booster mandate to avoid 'staffing issues'

Are there any other states that have been requiring health care workers to get the booster? In our state, the booster is not required for health care workers, such as nurses and physicians.
My daughter just got a letter from SAG, the Screen Actors Guild, stating that ALL actors and directors, etc, MUST have the booster to be able to work legally, beginning in March.

She had not taken her booster because she has an auto immune disorder that gets triggered by the vaccinations. She took the 1st two already. But she was not planning on taking the booster.

Right as the State of Cali drops the mandate, she gets this legal notice forcing her to take the booster. It is confusing info.

I don't think she can afford not to take the 3rd shot, as she makes her living in SAG projects. But she is feeling conflicted for sure.

I would think with an older population and 60.7 people with 2 doses and 71.4 people with the first dose, that those with 2 doses would have gotten the booster (or third vax)-- But only 38.1 % of eligible people in Florida have gotten the booster. I tend to think that some of the older people may not understand how important the booster is and just blew it off.
I think you may be right. I live in a senior community of single family homes. It is amazing how many residents here have refused to be vaccinated. The folks in my neighborhood who have come down with COVID have been the "social butterflies", seldom wearing masks and not social distancing. I'm aware of at least two who died from the virus, three who have been hospitalized and several who had mild to severe symptoms.

Vaccine do not contain fetal cells, and never have. Vaccines have, however, been tested on a fetal cell line that originated from an embryonic kidney in the Netherlands in 1973. Since medical abortion did not occur in the Netherlands until more than 10 years later, it is understood that the fetus aborted naturally.

It’s also worth noting that the same fetal cell line (HEK293) that was used to test Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine was also used to test Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment, REGEN-COV, the drug that former United States President Donald Trump took after contracting COVID-19.

I agree with, and support religious exemptions for moral reasons, but would not support giving a religious exemption to those who falsely believe that vaccines contain fetal cells.

Does Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine Contain Aborted Fetal Cells?

We don't require the details of an exemption applicant's religious or conscience exemption requests. Some of our applicants will not take vaccines that include porcine products on religious grounds. Regardless, we accept their requests if they agree to regular weekly testing. We are not the arbiters of their faith or conscience, only our own.

Edited for spelling, clarification

She said this in 1947:

"She is absolutely a chocoholic," McGrady told Hello! magazine in 2016. "Anything we put on the menu that had chocolate on, she would choose, especially chocolate perfection pie [a layered chocolate pie with white and dark chocolate and chocolate shavings]."Jan 18, 2022

Everything the Queen eats in a day, according to royal chefs

I think any expectations that she continues to work are her own. Elizabeth has her own unique work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288