Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like a plan drawn up from an actuarial point of view rather than a public health one. They do sound convincing when they talk about it, but I'm not sure.
"Herd immunity" sounded more like an agricultural term as opposed to an actuarial point of view to me. Like he's running a bleedn farm, rounding up the cattle for the slaughter. And to say we 'need' to be infected to become immune to the virus is only speaking to the younger generations of the population.. A better, more effective plan of action from him is what is truly 'needed'. Especially for the elderly people of ours, for whom this is deadly. His advice to continue going about our daily lives, going to school and stuff is wrong! That just makes us be part of the problem in the continuous spread whilst other countries are on lockdown just wanting the virus gone X

PERFECT!!

https://t.co/oA6Uk7aHGW…
In response to the public closure of Benaroya Hall, @seattlesymphony will be live-casting performances free to the public.
Mahler Symphony #1 is on at 7:30pm Pacific.
Also. Go give them money if you can.
#WeGotThisSeattle

Thats great. We were talking about this last night. The sports leagues and ESPN should get together and stream or broadcast on TV classic games from the last 50 or so years in the spots where live games are usually played. Give people something to do

TURN OFF YOUR TVS AND FOLLOW DOCTORS!!

Fox is the most watched channel by the highest risk demographic group. They have a special obligation to provide responsible risk information
Jeremy FLATTEN THE CURVE Konyndyk on Twitter

They said this.....

Ainsley Earhardt: "It's actually the safest time to fly. Everyone I know that's flying right now, terminals are pretty much dead." (It is not the safest time to fly.) Bobby Lewis on Twitter

The "panic" has now hit and shoppers are filling the grocery stores. In my town, just this morning, I heard people saying "Hope you like almond butter
'cause that's all that's left." Exaggeration, I bet/hope. I happily avoided even having to go into this Shop Rite, as we stocked up a couple weeks ago, even though cashiers were side-eyeing us back then.

My cats however, who are truly pigs disguised as cats, needed more food..and litter. (Well, in my mind they did.) So I braved the Pet Value. Fairly empty, though one shopper was coughing and sneezing (UGH!) and the other let her little girl roam around the store touching everything (UGH #2). I tried to hold my breath and breathe through the Lysol wipe when I had to. (Probably worse for me.)

Downside to this - now that the word is out, the store had hundreds of people in there, standing in line in close proximity. So much for social distancing.

Also, the 3 kitties in Pet Value looking for homes are not getting much interest from adoptees. Makes me want to bring them home with me.

DH would not be amused.

I called our county Humane Society yesterday to find out if they are doing anything related to pet rescue for people who have pets and end up seriously ill in the hospital, or worse, and there is no one taking care of their pets at home. They told me that they have not developed any new policies or procedures, but that if anyone is concerned that this could happen to them, they should get on the waiting list for giving up their pets. I was surprised at that.

I did some googling and it seems to me that working with local pet rescue organizations would be best, but connecting with them now is very difficult.

I saw the news today about dogs and COVID-19, and am pleased to see that, but wish they would make the same public statement about COVID-19 and cats. This would make people - and authorities - more comfortable with pet rescue and care when needed. I will keep following up on this.

Thats great. We were talking about this last night. The sports leagues and ESPN should get together and stream or broadcast on TV classic games from the last 50 or so years in the spots where live games are usually played. Give people something to do

I imagine views on YouTube will increase exponentially. You have a great idea to keep some of those viewers still interested in traditional TV. Once I discovered the treasure trove on YouTube, I hardly ever pick up the remote. IMO

Wow, good morning friends. I hope everyone is well this morning.
Just woke up to Florida having 60 total cases of coronavirus (of course those are the ones known with our limited testing) including one in Clay County and one in Duval County. I guess the mayor of Duval County was perturbed because the info went to the press prior to him being notified. That's a whoopsie. He wasn't given time to process and ready himself for queries.
Reminds me of the days when New England Journal of Medicine would be released to everyone at the same time and the press would analyze the articles most important to the day. They'd get the info up fast, even before most of the doctors had received their copy in the mail. DH said there were so many 'deer in the headlight looks' when patients came in to appointments and would inquire about new research pertinent to their well being. So the journal began to hold the info until the issue was out and MD's had a chance to read and research. It's terrible to not be prepared and be getting intelligent questions.

Men in Duval, Clay counties among 16 new coronavirus cases in Florida

THIS CAN WORK!! DO YOUR PART!!

South Korea has done more than just "flatten the curve" of new Covid-19 infections. It bought the curve down through:

- Aggressive testing (20,000 tests daily, "drive through" testing)/isolation
- School holiday extended
- Government advice to stay inside
- large events cancelled Tom Hancock on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_104322.jpg
    IMG_20200313_104322.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 10
Watching and listening to the Governor of New York: he is taking the bull by the horns--- it is a pleasure and refreshing to see somebody step up and take charge: other states should follow suit since the federal government FELL DOWN ON THE JOB MISERABLY, REMARKABLY, TOTALLY- a total and absolute fail. It is actually horrifying how miserably the government of the United States has let its citizens down. For shame!!!!

The number of coronavirus cases in Scotland has increased to 85, the Scottish government has confirmed.

The number of cases in Greater Glasgow and Clyde has more than doubled from 10 to 21.

A sharp rise was also recorded in Lothian, from 11 to 20.

To date 3,229 tests have been carried out.

Number of Scottish coronavirus cases rises to 85

This will be a tragedy....

Ethiopia has reported the first case of coronavirus in the country Ethiopia reports its first case of coronavirus https://t.co/0M3XjMUB3w

As today, Africa has reported a total of 158 positive cases of COVID-19 in 16 countries.
@AfricaCDC is working closely with Member States to enhance surveillance for severe acute respiratory infections #SARI or Pneumonia cases to limit the transmission.
#COVID19 #FactsNotFear Africa CDC on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_110026.jpg
    IMG_20200313_110026.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Coronavirus UK LIVE: Massive increase as 798 Britons test positive for deadly virus

BRITAIN has confirmed 208 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in just 24 hours - with the total number soaring by more than a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74