Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi neighbor!

Hi! Did you see my question to you? I asked if it bothers you that the news seems only focused on LA county, with the mayor doing daily briefings? I feel like OC is on its own, and all the great things LA is doing to help people ends at the LA/OC border. Doesn't OC have leaders, or are the cities on their own?

This makes my heart ache. Saying prayers for your friends, for you, and for all of us.

O/T a bit.

My Nana is on hospice. She’s about 3 months past the 6 month expiration date her doctor guesstimated. Her transition is developing quickly. Today I am so sad for her. She’s in her early 90’s and has ovarian cancer. She chose to forgo treatment and live the rest of her best life. She’s no longer accepting visitors and we had her over one night a week for dinner. It crushes me that this will be the ending to her story. Isolated and lonely.

sending you virtual hugs

No judgement just plenty of hugs and positive thoughts being sent your way. I would call/email the school and ask what plans are being discussed to accommodate your daughter's needs.
We haven’t even got that information yet. I know online school won’t work for her so I’m thinking not really much can be done. IM shocked Kansas seems to be the first state to do this. It’s going to be a rocky 5 months. But we want healthy kids so I guess we will survive. I’m probably going to need to refill my Xanax I’m not afraid to admit.

Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream pint from good old 7eleven.
There is a reason it needs to be kept in garage freezer.
I had a craving and didn't want to brave the market.
Just in case you need a fix in a hurry.
I scoped out the other offerings. Milk, bread, Mac and cheese cups, bananas, ramen, yogurt.
Keep that info handy.

Some kids are a little hungrier in those periods. But many schools have summer programs (parents have to pay unless there is state aid for it).

There is a lot of food insecurity in the US.

I'm curious what will happen to all the food currently owned by school districts if there's no school. Food banks may be considered "essential" but I can only imagine an immunity clash between people with little kids and the elderly, meeting up at the Food Bank. I read that one school system was donating all its food to food banks, but I don't see how that's going to work well.
Our schools are still feeding them. It’s a curbside pick up. You drive up they bring you lunch and the next days breakfast for how many ever kids are with you. Doesn’t matter the ages. I haven’t done this yet myself .

I don't know about the rest of you all but I think I might start my birthday and Christmas shopping for the next 12 months. Online. I'm afraid by the time it's someone's birthday or Christmas there won't be anything to find. Maybe I should just get out my sewing machine and fabric and get to work.

Yikes! My son lives in Louisiana and works a 21 day stint on a rig in Newfoundland/Labrador region. I imagine that he won’t be able to travel.

He should be able to return home - there has to be a grace period. I suspect that the restriction will be on any type of tourism into Canada. There was quite a reaction when Canada announced that only Canadian citizens, landed immigrants and people from the US would be allowed to enter Canada.

It's crazy. The lack of planning (especially in a first world nation like the US) is mind-boggling. Medical professionals have been underfunded and discouraged from research. Even now, there are no direct sources of funding to allow localities to develop and use their own testing.

I'm so sorry to hear you're in a high risk group. I'm sure you're doing all the right things, but it's still really scary. Is your primary care doctor still seeing patients? If you do get symptoms, going to the ER at a major hospital would be what I would advise. If you live near one.

BBM. Neither the news media nor hospitals nor health departments have advised people to go to the ER if they are showing symptoms. They also don't want people showing up at their doctor's offices without calling ahead. The primary physicians for my family are at Nebraska Medicine and we received an email on February 11, telling us to call ahead and not just show up. These medical professionals have not been underfunded, discouraged from research. Let's not make reckless, baseless allegations. Nobody had a crystal ball and could predict this pandemic. Nebraska hasn't had a death yet but we have had a doctor infected at a suburban hospital.
JMO

COVID-19 community information | Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
COVID-19 community information

Home Patients and Visitors COVID-19 community information
EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS?
  • If you are experiencing respiratory illness symptoms like:
    • Cough
    • Congestion
    • Sore throat
    • Fever
  • And you have not recently traveled to an area with widespread outbreak, and you have not had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, at this time the best guidance is to stay home, get plenty of rest, drink fluids and take pain and fever medications like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
  • If you have recently traveled to an area with widespread outbreak, or had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, call 402.559.0041 prior to making a clinic appointment, visiting an Immediate Care Clinic or the emergency room. Our staff will provide screening evaluation and recommendation on next steps. If you are not a Nebraska Medicine patient, you are encouraged to call your local primary care provider for guidance.
Below, our infectious disease experts have answered common questions about the virus, including advice about how to protect yourself, what to do if you're asked to self-quarantine and a list of reliable information sources.

View our daily coronavirus update for the most up-to-date information.
Quarantine efforts in Nebraska
Information about those being treated at the National Quarantine Unit and the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit for COVID-19.

COVID-19 basics
What coronavirus (COVID-19) is, where the virus comes from and why it's potentially dangerous.

How COVID-19 spreads
How the virus spreads, including the risk of contracting it by touching packages from overseas or living with pets.

COVID-19 prevention and preparedness
How to protect yourself and your family, how health systems are preparing and resources for making travel decisions.

COVID-19 screening
Details about who should be screened for COVID-19, and how the screening works.

COVID-19 symptoms and treatment
A list of symptoms, information about who's considered high risk and treatment recommendations.

Self-quarantine instructions
What to do if you've been told to self-quarantine, how to care for someone who's self quarantined and what to do if you live with someone who's been told to self-quarantine.

Credible COVID-19 information sources
Links to credible and reliable information sources, including the CDC, WHO and NETEC.

Information for University of Nebraska students, residents, faculty and staff
Instructions for students, residents, faculty and staff who have recently traveled, or who may have been exposed to COVID-19.

COVID-19 community information
Explore our patient and provider stories

Now is the time for our community to help in 'flattening the curve'

Find a Doctor Find a Location Find a Service

our school district will continue pay their bus drivers & monitors.
It depends some of our districts In Kansas are not hired through the district. They are contracted out through another company. I worked as a driver then a trainer for 15 years. It totally depends on if your working for the district or a contract company.

It depends some of our districts In Kansas are not hired through the district. They are contracted out through another company. I worked as a driver then a trainer for 15 years. It totally depends on if your working for the district or a contract company.
Hopefully anyone contracted will get UI. I think they will.
We are always short on drivers & monitors so they don’t want to lose 1!

A friend that owns a small gas station store sent me a text. He went in this evening to help his clerk close, his store is not a franchise & not 24/7.
His last customer bought 6 cases of beer, 5 cartons of Camel & 5 cartons of Marlboro Reds. He told my friend he’s concerned about getting the virus. Lmbo
What about lung cancer/emphysema/cirrhosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690