Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very happy with AZ right now. No matter what happens that is adverse to AZ isn't updated much. Justin Lum out of Phoenix is good but not here in my big town. Even the AZ Public Health Department didn't have but 2 updates on Twitter. The Public Health Dept. had two tweets today. Nothing about how many cases etc...Facebook wasn't that much better. The combined tests on the AZ Public Health of AZ has 403 or 408 tests have been completed in AZ. There's 7.12 million living in this state! smh Oh we're hiring too. gah! Amazon, Walgreens etc...

Then to top it off. I have family in central FL. No tests unless a primary care doctor gives a referral like here, commercial testing. Test made available to the wealthiest of towns. Oh and if you have a golf cart, please drive it. Going on this week! Test surrounding towns who have people with symptoms too!

rant over.

Last edited:
I have Ménière’s Disease, an auto immune disorder. I need to check my pharmacy to see where it’s coming from & supplies. Without it.. then falls, fractured ribs, concussion & possibly death from brain bleeding. Dang I never thought..well some pharmacies won’t renew the drug that’s used for this auto immune disorder because its a Class A drug & if you aren’t at the end of scrip.. NO more for at least 2-3 weeks

My mother has had Menieres for 40 years - it is horrible, She used to be a step aerobics nut but now can barely walk. I feel for you. It is scary and can turn your life upside down - saw it with my mother.

I am not expert on this, but I would think 4/15 is an optimistic date for this terror to be over. My hunch, based on really gut feeling, is we are in the woods until mid May. I have seen too many "Giants" of industry close up for this to be a 2-4 week deal. I hope I am wrong, but sometimes I can read the tells. And who is to say we don't get smacked on the rebound later.

NEVADA

Previously, I asked nonessential businesses to close, but this moment now demands more.
Today, I directed ALL nonessential businesses to close. I repeat. If you are NOT an essential business, I am using my power as Governor under an emergency declaration to order you to close.

Governor Sisolak on Twitter

This directive grants local governments the authority to impose civil fines & revoke licenses of businesses that do not shut down. If businesses defy this order, it could be treated as a criminal act. Do not let it come to that. This is effective from midnight until April 16th.

Okay. Who wants to bet that large populated states will be on lockdown until at least 4/15/2020?
Kali, in California
Our state with small cities, and a lot of rural areas is not officially on lockdown, but for most purposes is shut. Signs on closed restaurants have said closed until April 30. I'm expecting our state to be broke by then, the gov is telling all the workers that were working for business now closed to immediately apply for unemployment. Of course property taxes and income taxes are soon due, rent for businesses is still due - one newer area that was just revitalized is charging businesses there $10,000 a month.

I agree, they need to stop the squabbling and pass the bill..or put together a new bill containing only what the both parties agree on today and squabble about the rest in the days to come. If you are a small business owner or laid off employee the sooner something passes the better.
They need to go back and look at what FDR did with his New Deal. He separated the issues. They should break the bill up and concentrate first and quickly the ones that provide immediate RELIEF to those affected and then look at the other aspects. I feel as if our elected officials are acting like misfit children in the playground!

I would not want to rely on the food sold at convenience stores. And truck stops can be pretty far apart.
Some might carry food in a cooler. Idk but like @vOx said semis can’t fit in a drive through. Idk in our area if they can fit in a convenience store parking lot, other than their own fuel tankers, I have never noticed a semi parked in a gas station/store lot.

Ita I think 6 months at best (allowing for a rebound)
Imo experts know, we just mustn’t know, it would only cause more chaos. Imagine the stores then.
I am not expert on this, but I would think 4/15 is an optimistic date for this terror to be over. My hunch, based on really gut feeling, is we are in the woods until mid May. I have seen too many "Giants" of industry close up for this to be a 2-4 week deal. I hope I am wrong, but sometimes I can read the tells. And who is to say we don't get smacked on the rebound later.

Some might carry food in a cooler. Idk but like @vOx said semis can’t fit in a drive through. Idk in our area if they can fit in a convenience store parking lot, other than their own fuel tankers, I have never noticed a semi parked in a gas station/store lot.
I have. And it’s getting more and more difficult for them. Shutting down all McDonald’s establishments but letting every other restaurant do take-out does not make sense, either.

yes some of my local restaurants are allowing walk-throughs the drive-throughs - normally they don't for safety reasons but they are extending this courtesy to truck drivers and others who don't drive and usually dine in
Yup. The difficulties that the truckers are experiencing is all over SM. We need to think about them. They are crucial to our survival.

Yeah, and schools /universities don't just close up on a whim, either. This is the real deal.

Ita I think 6 months at best (allowing for a rebound)
Imo experts know, we just mustn’t know, it would only cause more chaos. Imagine the stores then.
Yeah, the experts' job is always to make us calm, not tell the truth. Some of the 9/11 stuff always bothered me. There were people who went back to work in the second tower. That's mind boggling. I don't care what those in charge were saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard