Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter
More good reporting from @Teensthack. Indian government likely to lift export restrictions on certain antibiotics and other drugs as China’s Hubei comes back online. Of 13 drugs, India is likely to lift the ban on 5: paracetamol, tinidazole, metronidazole ornidazole, azithromycin
EUaGCIvXkAIwgbj.jpg

11:32 PM - 30 Mar 2020

So you take off the gloves, throw them (on the ground, in the buggy?) hit the keyfob to open the trunk...and use your bare hands to pick up the plastic bags that came from inside the store and put them in your trunk?

Just want to know the correct procedure. :oops:

There were blue gloves all over the ground outside the grocery store two weeks ago. Yikes
I’m doing the single gloved hand thing..maybe Michael Jackson was on to something. One glove to touch what the public has touched and my non gloved hand to touch my stuff. Then remove glove and properly dispose of it. I’m surprised at the number of people who don’t know how to properly doff gloves. There is a proper procedure and it ends up with the glove inside out so you can handle it without contamination. Years of lab work and I just take it for granted. Same procedure for into the house. Gloved hand for bags, non gloved hand for keys, door knob, alarm, etc. Then grab another glove so you can unpack if you want. You should only use 3 instead of 4 that way. Gloves are getting harder to come by, I’m already being limited in purchasing for the lab. Saving that extra one may be beneficial in the long run.

how to properly doff a glove:
It would be for the sole hand in this video. I like to use my pinkie. If you are wearing two gloves it’s also important.

““As we continue to grapple with the novel nature of COVID19, we are constantly assessing and adapting not only how we respond to combatting the virus, but also how we share critical public health information with our communities,” Pentagon spokeswoman Alyssa Farah said in a statement on Monday.

“We will not report the aggregate number of individual service member cases at individual unit, base or Combatant Commands. We will continue to do our best to balance transparency in this crisis with operational security."”

BNO Newsroom on Twitter
Over the past 24 hours, the U.S. reported 23,415 new cases of coronavirus and 593 new deaths, raising the total to 163,932 cases and 3,138 dead
10:11 PM - 30 Mar 2020

BNO Newsroom on Twitter
Monday's major coronavirus updates:
- USA: +23,415 cases, +593 deaths
- Spain: +7,846 cases, +913 deaths
- Italy: +4,302 cases, +881 deaths
- France: +4,376 cases, +418 deaths
- Germany: +3,993 cases, +72 deaths
- Worldwide: +64,570 cases, +3,783 deaths
10:29 PM - 30 Mar 2020

@otto Some specifics about the two hospital ships.

While New York is now considered the US epicenter of COVID-19, no coronavirus-positive patients will be treated aboard the USNS Comfort. Instead, the ship will serve as a "referral hospital" to free up New York City's hospital beds, intensive care units, and ventilators as local hospitals are becoming increasingly inundated with COVID-19 patients.

The hospital ship Mercy has begun treating non-covid patients in Los Angeles.

While in Los Angeles, the ship will serve as a referral hospital for non-COVID-19 patients currently admitted to shore-based hospitals, and will provide a full spectrum of medical care, including general surgeries, critical care and ward care for adults. This will allow local health professionals to focus on treating COVID-19 patients and for shore-based hospitals to use their intensive care units and ventilators for those patients.

Photos show the 1,000-bed Navy hospital ship USNS Comfort arriving in New York to support the city in its fight against the coronavirus
USNS Mercy Begins Treating Patients in Los Angeles > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Defense Department News

Yes, that's what I think of also. I suppose I stated my concern in the wrong way. My concern is, do some think those gloves work and then not do all those things afterwards... That's all, just really scary.
I think that gloves give some people a false sense of security.

Whatever germs that end up on the outside of a glove can still be transferred somewhere else like you mentioned in your post. People simply need to be aware of that and take mitigating actions to hopefully not get infected. JMO

I only take my credit/debit card and my car key into the store and have each in a sealed plastic baggie. I have a Decon table set up in the garage.
So much to think about just to go to the grocery store!

It's so strange to think, each time we leave the house, how to avoid touching anything. I wonder what I've forgotten to consider, knowing that I screw up at least once each time I go out.

I see where couples in a house can get into spats over all the changes. Never noticed how different our thinking would be. He is a very clean person but I see him forgetting some things that are to me very important to do. I believe he thinks I am a bit crazy when I have to suggest some rather strange ways of doing things now. I feel he will mess up but I just love him so much. Because of work we don't get alot of time together and when we do I hate discussing the importance of these changes. I can not believe how this causes stress to everyone.

I see where couples in a house can get into spats over all the changes. Never noticed how different our thinking would be. He is a very clean person but I see him forgetting some things that are to me very important to do. I believe he thinks I am a bit crazy when I have to suggest some rather strange ways of doing things now. I feel he will mess up but I just love him so much. Because of work we don't get alot of time together and when we do I hate discussing the importance of these changes. I can not believe how this causes stress to everyone.

Are you hanging the toilet paper backwards?

It's so strange to think, each time we leave the house, how to avoid touching anything. I wonder what I've forgotten to consider, knowing that I screw up at least once each time I go out.
The only way I can make sure my due diligence is the best it can be is always to remind myself that I must not put others in danger and therefore it's my duty to those around me - my family, my city, my county, state, and nation - to be safe, to be careful, to take care. I haven't had this heightened a sense of patriotism since 9.11.

I hear you. I have never had one come close to the house. Thankfully. Bat house is way at the back end of the yard where are cedars are, cedars are loved by mosquitoes.
We've had one get in our house twice. Once in an old farm house. Once in our log cabin. Took hours to get them out. I was never so scared in all my life. I don't care how many mosquitoes they eat. That's what bug zappers are for.

No tp issues! I cringe on how he doesn't use caution, lol, as I do such as do not wash your hands from outside in the kitchen sink among other rules. We never liked touching carts at stores so thats nothing new.

Please do not take this wrong. I personally, very much believe that adversity, makes we humans stronger and more resilient.
Lord knows I've had more then my share.
I've had friends tell me that I should write a book.
I have not, but, it all propelled me to success. I purchased my first house at 23. I won't bore you with more here.
Most of our famous leaders, have dealt with amazing adversity. I highly recommend that you watch the documentary "American Lives", by Ken Burns.
If your son can join you to watch, that would be great.
Sincerely, Kali

I love your post and I love The Sound of Music. I remember making my son watch it with me years ago when he was in elementary school. He was not happy about it at all but ended up really liking it; or so he said. My son is 20, lives at home with me and goes to college. It's just the two of us. I worry so much about his age group, 18-20 year old's. He doesn't say anything or show it, but I can see a fear in his eyes that I have never seen before. I believe this will have long-lasting negative ramifications particularly with his age group. They should be going out with friends, dating, working, studying, etc and not having to worry about stepping outside, getting too close to people or paying the mortgage if something happens to their parent(s). I started to talk to him about my 401K and paying off the mortgage but I could see he was very uncomfortable (scared) talking about it, so of course I stopped and started talking about something else. However, if this keeps getting worse, which I believe it will, I'm going to have to discuss these things with him at some point. I find myself crying a lot these days and I hate that I've become a paranoid, disinfectant spraying, hand-washing freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6