Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #64

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
    Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
    Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
    Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
    Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
    Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
    Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
    Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
    COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59
    Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2020
    margarita25 likes this.

2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
    THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
    PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
    See you tonight.
    Love,
    Tricia
    PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

SleuthBee likes this.
  3. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
    Do not be rude or argumentative.
    Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

4. sillybilly

Permanent thread bans have been and will be issued for members who persist in trying to make the thread about politics.

In case you have not read the opening posts above, please etch this part of Tricia's post above in your memory:

5. sillybilly

Hey everyone,

Politicizing is not allowed. We realize it's difficult to separate Covid from politics in this discussion, but ...

If you are going to post about 1 or 1 million people attending a rally, a church event, etc, put on by God knows who, make sure your post indicates how the content of that post relates to Covid19 and isn't just about politics or political figures.

From Tricia's post at the beginning of each of these threads:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.

6. sillybilly

This post lands at random.

Address the post and NOT the poster.

Snarky, rude and personalizing posts that disrespect or denigrate another member get removed and may result in a permanent Thread Reply Ban or a board Time Out.

7. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Godspeed, STAY AT HOME. Be connected when isolated

I really want to know why I am not seeing ONE media report on contact tracing efforts in states and municipalities. How it's being done, stats or who is doing and how many are employed, what are criteria? Why isn't the media covering this? Or have I just missed it.

This is the ONE ONE ONE thing I want to read about... but crickets???

8. tresir2012

tresir2012 Thanks to NHS, EMS, Police, Military.♡

From your link also,

5/5
    Spectre of death
    In just five months, the Covid-19 death toll has overtaken the number of people who die annually from malaria, one of the most deadly infectious diseases. The death rate averages out to 78,000 per month, compared with 64,000 AIDS-related deaths and 36,000 malaria deaths, according to 2018 figures from the World Health Organization.

Global deaths: This is how COVID-19 compares to other diseases

This compares it to all deaths.

This graphic uses data from Our World in Data to provide context with the total number of worldwide daily deaths. It also outlines how many people who die each day from specific causes.

[​IMG]
    Worldwide deaths by cause

Nearly 150,000 people die per day worldwide, based on the latest comprehensive research published in 2017. Which diseases are the most deadly, and how many lives do they take per day?

Here’s how many people die each day on average, sorted by cause:

[​IMG]
    Cardiovascular diseases, or diseases of the heart and blood vessels, are the leading cause of death. However, their prominence is not reflected in our perceptions of death nor in the media.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  9. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I trimmed mine! Maybe dark roots will become fashionable lol.

10. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

DH will be 72 in October. Nothing particularly sexy about the shaggy hair :oops: He tried a pandemic beard for a couple of weeks and decided to shave when I told him that he looked homeless :p I'm not fond of the grunge look.

LadyL, byo, margarita25 and 6 others like this.
  11. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

If my FB feed from this weekend was any indication, I am completely alone in keeping my family home and wearing masks when we venture out. My feed was full of photos (no masks) from group gatherings, graduation parties, birthday celebrations at bars, and even a youth travel baseball tournament complete with multi-teams from multi-cities playing multi-day games and celebrating wins/mourning losses in group restaurant outings. Side note: my friend's son's team made it to the championship, so...yay?

We (meaning my family) are doing basically nothing and wear masks when we go out to the grocery, etc. I haven't seen my now almost 5 month old niece since she was born in February. Looking at my FB feed this weekend made me feel like I'm neurotic and crazy. From the looks of it, everyone else in my social group is living their lives and I feel like bat-**** bonkers Rapunzel in her self-imposed tower.

12. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

margarita25 posted a few things back in April, because margarita25 is involved with contact tracing.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #50
    Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

And more recently .....
    Apple, Google contact tracing apps: Privacy fears vs. public health
    Contact Tracing With Your Phone: It’s Easier but There Are Tradeoffs
    Can Coronavirus Contact Tracing Survive Reopening?

13. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

You are not bonkers. The kind of behavior you describe is the reason covid is going through the roof in many states. People decided that everything is back to normal. It's not.

Lilibet, LadyL, margarita25 and 15 others like this.
  14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I feel the same way - but if it is any consolation - the teens in my area are catching it like crazy because they aren't wearing masks or social distancing - their instagram feeds show it all. They are part of the uptick in Florida I am certain - in my neighborhood alone - 14 were exposed apparently at the beach - their parents are furious of course.
    JMO

15. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

Balayage hair is still very trendy! I'm sure you look mahvelous, dahling!

16. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Yes, of course they are catching it. And since they live at home, they can pass it on to mom and dad, or worse, to grandma and grandpa.

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Exactly...sigh...

18. ilovewings

ilovewings On Time Out

Gee, that's a surprise- we are the laughing stock around the world

19. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

They cannot apply because they are purposely ineligible for the stimulus.

20. ilovewings

ilovewings On Time Out

You made me laugh!! I hate that homeless look too!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.