Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Blames Protests, Ignoring His Own Push To Reopen, As Virus Surges

I didn't see this posted.

Originally published on July 23, 2020 11:44 am
Updated at 6:50 p.m. ET

President Trump on Wednesday placed much of the blame for the swell in coronavirus cases on recent demonstrations against racism and police brutality, ignoring in large part his administration's push to reopen the national economy before the virus had been fully contained.

"Cases started to rise among young Americans, shortly after demonstrations — which you know very well about. Which presumably triggered a broader relaxation of mitigation measures nationwide," Trump said, also acknowledging increased congregations at beaches and bars over the summer holidays.

"We're also sharing a 2,000 mile border with Mexico, as we know very well, and cases are surging in Mexico, unfortunately," Trump said, implying that the nation's southern border neighbor was also in part to blame for the United State's spike in cases.

Trump's Wednesday briefing comes as cases of the virus continue to surge across the United States, particularly the U.S. South, and as Americans' faith in his ability to manage the pandemic sinks, according to recent opinion polls.

Woman who attended FIVE funerals tests positive to coronavirus — Daily Mail

“Mourners are warned to look for COVID-19 symptoms after a woman in her 40s attended five funeral and church services before testing positive to the virus.

She attended four different religious venues across Sydney's south-western suburbs between July 16 and July 19.

The woman was at St Brendan's Catholic Church in Bankstown for one hour from 6.30pm on Thursday July 16

She then spent seven hours at Ausia Funeral Services in Fairfield East on Friday July 17, between 1pm and 8pm.

The day later she attended a funeral service at St Brendan's Catholic Church at 10am for one hour before going to a burial service at St John of God Lawn at Rookwood between 11.30 and 1pm.

The woman was then at Our Lady of Mt Carmel at Mt Pritchard for one hour from 7.30am on Sunday July 19.”
————————
SEVEN hours at a funeral service?

Is she a professional funeral attendee?

That’s just crazy. MOO

“Mourners are warned to look for COVID-19 symptoms after a woman in her 40s attended five funeral and church services before testing positive to the virus.

She attended four different religious venues across Sydney's south-western suburbs between July 16 and July 19.

The woman was at St Brendan's Catholic Church in Bankstown for one hour from 6.30pm on Thursday July 16

She then spent seven hours at Ausia Funeral Services in Fairfield East on Friday July 17, between 1pm and 8pm.

The day later she attended a funeral service at St Brendan's Catholic Church at 10am for one hour before going to a burial service at St John of God Lawn at Rookwood between 11.30 and 1pm.

The woman was then at Our Lady of Mt Carmel at Mt Pritchard for one hour from 7.30am on Sunday July 19.”
————————

That’s just crazy. MOO

I wonder if that long one was a relative? That is a lot of services.

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for reposting this! I was trying to find this link last night (friend has family member she was exposed to last week for alllll day - family member positive test now) and couldn't.. Reason, the media used incorrect terminology. Isolation has changed rules, not quarantine. One is for folks that test positive etc, the other is for folks exposed and preventative.

Jeez

Australians who have died from Covid-19 have lost more years of their expected lifespan, on average, than those dying from the country’s three leading causes of death (coronary heart disease, dementia and stroke) , a new study suggests.

.... preliminary calculations for Australia found the average years of life lost per person was 17 years for men and 14 for women ...

Coronavirus cutting Australians' lives short by more years than top three causes of death

Thanks, last stat iirc was 9 years and 12 years. (wasn't Oz, just in general, but good to know for those who think "they are old and will die soon anyway" gaaaaaaaah!

I had a friend who used to like going to funerals. It was a big part of her social life.
She didn't always have the closest connction to the person who had died, but there was always a connection no matter how small with a friend or family of the deceased.
She was a very friendly person.
Once she told me about a conversation she'd had on the phone with someone.
Mentioned their name, I said who are they, you haven't mentioned them before. Turned out this person was a wrong number lol.
During the conversation she found out their name, where they went to school, all sorts of things :)

————————

That’s just crazy. MOO

I think she is a funeral services staff member. It is in almost every single news publication of ours today as they try to contact trace all of the funeral attendees.
The other articles are far more subdued than the Daily Mail is about it.

She probably never downloaded the contact tracing app onto her phone.

She is possibly a staff member at Ausia Funeral Services (the place where she was for 7 hours). If you google them, they are a company who organises funerals.
"We have an extensive range of products and services to arrange the funeral exactly as your loved one would have wished"

Last edited:

————————

That’s just crazy. MOO

Maybe she is a priest or works at a funeral parlour? In fact that is probably likely IMO.

It also mentions "other church services".

NSW Health and the South Western Sydney Local Health District are urging attendees of the following funeral and other church services to monitor for symptoms,' a statement read.

I think she is a funeral services staff member. It is in almost every single news publication of ours today as they try to contact trace all of the funeral attendees.
The other articles are far more subdued than the Daily Mail is about it.

She probably never downloaded the contact tracing app onto her phone.

She is possibly a staff member at Ausia Funeral Services (the place where she was for 7 hours). If you google them, they are a company who organises funerals.
"We have an extensive range of products and services to arrange the funeral exactly as your loved one would have wished"

Thanks @SouthAussie
I wondered why if she was an employee, but figured they would have stated that in the article for better contact tracing?
Hopefully they can get a handle on attendees and those exposed.
I was thinking of a funeral home where the funeral director and staff handle everything at the funeral home with the service at that location. I must be having a senior moment.
My son says if I have an AARP card, then I’m a senior citizen.

Thanks @SouthAussie
I wondered why if she was an employee, but figured they would have stated that in the article for better contact tracing?
Hopefully they can get a handle on attendees and those exposed.
I was thinking of a funeral home where the funeral director and staff handle everything at the funeral home with the service at that location. I must be having a senior moment.
My son says if I have an AARP card, then I’m a senior citizen.

Lol. No worries, mimosa.

We have a few announcements here asking for people who have been to various locations to contact the authorities. There is a lot of contact tracing going on at the moment in Sydney, as they are experiencing some smaller outbreaks there.

They have promised us that they wouldn't identify the infected person in any way, to encourage us all to download the contact tracing app.

Sometimes we don't hear much about it, if the infected person has the contact tracing app on their phone. Other times they are making requests like this on TV and other media.

There is a video here. Part of tonight's Aussie current affairs TV show called The Project. It has 4 different younger Aussie people (between 25 and 44 years old) who are speaking of their covid infection experience ... the illness they went through, and the after-effects, so far.

If you have a spare few mins - it's not long - it gives a really good overview of what happened to each of these people, where they think they caught the virus, the degree of their varied suffering ....

Last edited:
Like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube, Valley Children’s Hospital is tired of hearing a narrative that kids aren’t affected by COVID-19.

Todd Suntrapak, president and CEO of Valley Children’s Healthcare called statements that youngsters don’t get the coronavirus or suffer consequences “a disservice to our children.”
https://gvwire.com/2020/07/23/pushi...pital-says-kids-are-not-immune-from-covid-19/
Valley Children's Hospital Says It's Seeing More Kids With COVID-19 - GV Wire

Massachusetts Gov. Baker imposes travel order for certain out-of-state visitors

more at link
Starting Aug. 1, out-of-state visitors from certain states and Massachusetts residents returning from those states will have to quarantine for 14 days or risk $500 fine each day under a new order issued by Gov. Charlie Baker.

Baker announced Friday an order restricting travelers from states with higher COVID-19 rates, requiring them to fill out a “Massachusetts Travel Form” and quarantine for 14 days. The orders are meant to reduce the risk of a resurgence of the coronavirus in Massachusetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname