Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #90

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'

Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2020

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please continue discussion here.

4. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the new thread @Sillybilly.

I hope it’s okay to bring forward this very important post from the last thread I was just working on:

It is imperative IMO that there is more social awareness about this / bolded in red:

A COVID-related illness is sickening a growing number of children in California

BBM:

“A CDC report from August said that obesity was the most commonly reported underlying medical condition among children with MIS-C. However, two-thirds of the children diagnosed at that time did not have preexisting conditions, the report showed.

Vasquez said that Xitlali had been given a clean bill of health at her checkup in January. After her bout with MIS-C, she has developed Type 1 diabetes, which Vasquez thinks is in part because of an inflammation in her pancreas related to MIS-C.”

[...]

“Health experts say early treatment is key to mitigating the severity of MIS-C. A combination of limited information about the illness, avoidance of hospitals and doctor’s offices amid the pandemic and the fact that initial symptoms often present in the GI tract — similar to the flu — has left some children in the emergency room after mild symptoms turn severe.

“Please do not delay in seeking care for your child if they are ill,” Szmuszkovicz said. “Length of stay is going to be shorter if we can get inflammation under control earlier.””

[...]

““Our kids get sick and we want to treat them with home remedies and Tylenol without knowing that they could die without taking them to the right place,” she said.“

(Link to MIS-C Thread)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  5. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

subthread.JPG

There are MANY subthreads here for COVID if folks don't know about. These are the top ones which are showing that I haven't looked at within the last 24 hours. Just an FYI below is link to them all for new folks that don't know about subthreads and media threads etc.

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

upload_2020-12-23_12-37-2.png subthread.JPG

upload_2020-12-23_12-37-2.png

Coronavirus - Covid-19

6. margarita25

In case anyone wants to reply to my vaccine woe and questions from the last thread...(I hope someone does! I’m anxious about this, even though I said I wasn’t going to be...sigh). As I mentioned, I especially appreciate any discussion/reference about this subject of allergies and vaccines going forward! I didn’t want to clog the vaccine thread. Not sure if it’s better discussed there?

Maybe one day they’ll develop a vaccine that people who are on the allergy spectrum can take?

From the last thread:

“What happens to those of us who may not be able take it??” :(

7. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

I am so with you with respect to the fear I won't be able to get the vaccine, though your allergies do sound more severe than mine. I am hoping by the time they get to me (and you) though since I am elderly I would probably go before you, they will have more information about the issue of allergies and who and who shouldn't get the vaccine. Though Moderna and Phizer are similar, they are not the same--- and there will be others coming down the pike as well. At this point, I would not get the vaccine due to fear of having a serious allergic reaction. I think this may be a bigger issue than the manufacturers first considered in the trials.

8. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

An Illinois woman found an unwanted item at the bottom of her Kohl’s package.
    It was a COVID test swab, taken from a woman in Virginia...
    The police took the test at first but quickly brought it back 15 minutes later. It was the health department that finally took the mystery test from Ellis.
    “They might sell it third party, like a third-party flag, and apparently they must have COVID tests in that building as well,” she said.
    The woman whose test it was said she got tested on Dec. 11 but never got the results back - that is, until the call from a random stranger in Illinois.
    Woman finds used COVID-19 test swab in her package (wave3.com)

9. margarita25

wow...:eek:

10. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

11. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

12. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Today, I read that it's the nanoparticles in the Pfizer vaccine that they think are triggering this effect. So far, no such effect noted for Moderna.

Suspicions grow that nanoparticles in Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine trigger rare allergic reactions | Science | AAAS

13. margarita25

Optimistic note I am remembering re: the allergy/vaccine concern: There are hundreds of vaccines in trial, iirc, moo, jmo - so now that they know about the allergy thing, they can include this area of study in their current trials...

Also, in one broadcast, it was mentioned that if you DO have an allergic response, that that is better than being treated for covid, so worth taking the risk because they can remedy this immediately? Sounds plausible if true. They can have that other shot ready .

Hmmm, so there’s another question then, how well would that go with a shot of adrenaline lol. Whatever the case, out of my league, and hopefully it will all work out.

Scratch the above idea imo - they said to wait. Need more information on the above second paragraph. I’ll try to remember who said it.

TootsieFootsie, kimpage, kkdj and 8 others like this.
  14. dmac55

dmac55 Well-Known Member

deleted by me
    (My attempts to sit on my hands failed);)

15. margarita25

(Marking, thank you very much rods and mimosa)

At least they’ve got Dr. Mike, wink.

Al though, actually the whole WORLD gets to have the attention and efforts of someone as brilliant and passionate as Dr. Mike. What a blessing he is to the world.
    There really is such a thing as silver linings.

Darn I missed it :D

16. margarita25

Dbm consolidate

17. I'm Just Here

I'm Just Here Well-Known Member

Sorry to Sillybilly for bickering, just so much been going on lately. I will be more careful. Thanks for giving me another chance

18. SoCalDavidS

SoCalDavidS Well-Known Member

This may be the most unbelievable story you read all day:

COVID-19 patient charged with murder in deadly beating of fellow patient
    A COVID-19 patient accused of beating a fellow patient to death inside Antelope Valley Hospital has been charged with murder, authorities said Wednesday.

The gruesome murder happened the morning of Dec. 17. Investigators say 37-year-old Jesse Martinez beat his 82-year-old roommate at the Lancaster facility, where both men were being treated for COVID-19.

"The suspect became upset when the victim started to pray. He then struck the victim with an oxygen tank," a sheriff's department statement said.

The victim, who did not personally know the suspect, died the day after the attack, officials added.

Martinez is facing the murder charge with a hate crime enhancement and elder abuse. His bail was set at $1 million dollars and he is scheduled to appear in Antelope Valley Court on Monday.

COVID-19 patient charged with murder in deadly beating of fellow patient at Lancaster hospital

19. ilovewings

Just came back from the mall- we went to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up a couple pieces of amazing cheesecake ( Godiva Chocolate and Raspberry)--- anyway, I was thinking there would hardly be anyone at the mall-- Well, I was wrong: it was packed. people shopping like there is no pandemic- most people i saw were wearing masks but still, I know i would not go shopping anywhere during this pandemic and I love to shop.
    With all of these people travelling for the holidays and shopping like there is no pandemic, I cannot imagine how bad the surge will be after Xmas----

20. ilovewings

OMG!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.