Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Australia has approved the Pfizer vaccine. (We do our own independent approvals.) And not approved under 'emergency' status .. but fully approved, just like a regular medication.

But rollout has been pushed out to late February. Presumably due to production/delivery delays.
The rollout is strictly for healthcare/frontline workers, and aged care, at this point in time.

Glad you brought that issue up- I too have always been fascinated by how people catch Covid, especially the ones that say they "did everything right"-- It is scary to think you could wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands, stay away from people (gatherings and such) and still get the virus. A man on my husband's golf league just passed away from Covid- he became ill around Xmas and was hospitalized, discharged, readmitted and died. I wonder, did he do everything right or did he (as I surmise since he got Covid around the holidays), that he let his guard down and socialized outside of his bubble around the holidays.

I think some of the people who contracted Covid who said they did everything right, let their guard down somewhere a long the way. I guess we will never know for sure

If you look at the risk analysis sites on line, there is always a time factor and a number of people factor and a distance factor and then you never know if there is an asymptomatic- but about-to-be-symptomatic person in the mix. I think that some one could be careful and then be "in the wrong place at the wrong time." IMHO
For people who have to go to work, they cannot control who they come in contact with.

BNO Newsroom[URL='https://twitter.com/BNODesk']@BNODesk[/URL]
·
39m
New Zealand confirms first domestic coronavirus case since November, involves South African variant

EsirQWzXIAE30_9

This is the full 30 minute interview Dr. Birx did with Face the Nation.

Dr. Deborah Birx on her time in the White House and pandemic politics

A lot of upsetting and sobering stuff revealed in that interview. I can't help but wonder why she never spoke up against DJT's obvious falsehoods. Fauci at least tried to correct the record which is why he was badmouthed or sidelined frequently by the admin.

I also can't forgive her for spearheading the change of data reporting. Forcing hospitals to no longer report to the same central CDC database where the public could access the information, but to go through a newly formed private company instead. A company which won a no-bid contract. I hope they investigate the abrupt change. It seemed really shady at the time, especially now that Birx admits there was data tampering going on.

EDITED to add: Remember when she said this about DJT? It really hurt her credibility at the time and I can't help but be cynical about her coming clean now, after he is gone, and she's retired.

Deborah Birx praised Trump as attentive to scientific literature and details. Nope.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/coronavirus/2021/01/24/deborah-
birx-donald-trump-covid-charts/115357782/

Dr. Birx is a piece of work-- she says lots of critical things now about Trump, but she never said boo when she had the stage and could challenge all of his misinformation.
IMO she won't be missed. It really is too bad she sullied her reputation and for what? now she is retiring and my guess would be that she did not plan to retire at this point, but she knows she has destroyed her reputation.

Is anyone on this thread a Contact Tracer? I am unemployed and thinking of applying for a opening in Ohio. I have some questions and wanted to see if I can ask privately.

@margarita25 took the training in CO @dexgirl, but I’m not sure she actually ended up working at it. She’s had a lot of stuff going on lately, but you could message her and see if she can answer your questions. I really hope the government will encourage people to cooperate. I imagine that’s the hardest part of the job.

:confused:
California discovers homegrown coronavirus strain that spreads even faster than any other
More at link
California scientists have discovered a homegrown coronavirus strain that appears to be propagating faster than any other variant on the loose in the Golden State.

Two independent research groups said they stumbled upon the new strain while looking for signs that a highly transmissible variant from the United Kingdom had established itself here. Instead, they found a new branch of the virus’ family tree — one whose sudden rise and distinctive mutations have made it a prime suspect in California’s vicious holiday surge.

President Joe Biden has replaced the controversial White House physician who [URL='https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/white-house-physician-sean-conley-trump/index.html']offered misleading information about President Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis last fall.

A White House official said Biden had selected Dr. Kevin O'Connor to replace Dr. Sean Conley as his doctor. It's not uncommon for a president to name his own physician when taking office, though his two most recent predecessors each retained the incumbent doctor who had attended the men who served before them.

Conley generated controversy in the fall when he admitted to offering rosy descriptions of Trump's condition because the White House wanted to project optimism. In reality, Trump suffered serious conditions like shortness of breath that required supplemental oxygen.

[/URL]
Sean Conley: Biden replaces controversial White House physician - CNNPolitics

:confused:
California discovers homegrown coronavirus strain that spreads even faster than any other
More at link
California scientists have discovered a homegrown coronavirus strain that appears to be propagating faster than any other variant on the loose in the Golden State.

Two independent research groups said they stumbled upon the new strain while looking for signs that a highly transmissible variant from the United Kingdom had established itself here. Instead, they found a new branch of the virus’ family tree — one whose sudden rise and distinctive mutations have made it a prime suspect in California’s vicious holiday surge.

That is just awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member