Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled some strings and I’m not ashamed to admit that I knew someone that could get me vaccinated. Please dont give me any flak if you don’t agree.
Ive spent the past year social distancing, Ive stayed home, Ive practiced all the safety measures and caught covid anyway. I was willing to do what I had to to get the vaccine. I live in a state where they are fooling around and not getting the vaccine to the people. I’m a few months shy of 65 and high risk. I’d do it again in a heartbeat,

I pulled some strings and I’m not ashamed to admit that I knew someone that could get me vaccinated. Please dont give me any flak if you don’t agree.
Ive spent the past year social distancing, Ive stayed home, Ive practiced all the safety measures and caught covid anyway. I was willing to do what I had to to get the vaccine. I live in a state where they are fooling around and not getting the vaccine to the people. I’m a few months shy of 65 and high risk. I’d do it again in a heartbeat,

No judgment here. I am glad that you were able to get vaccinated.

I have had issues with the priority list in my state. And decided to just sign up, and show up. A guy asked me if I met the "criteria", I said "yes".

killarney rose - from one "Rose" to another - I'm glad you were able to get the vaccine! All Americans are encouraged to get it, and it's true that some states are better at providing it than others. So you do what you gotta do! There will be enough for everyone. Are you going to have to make that long trip again in 3 weeks?

I have had issues with the priority list in my state. And decided to just sign up, and show up. A guy asked me if I met the "criteria", I said "yes".

mickey2942 - My daughter and son-in-law are both in their early 30s but got vaccine vouchers as parents of a medically fragile child. When SIL went to get his vaccine at a drive-thru clinic, they didn't even check his voucher form when he offered it to them, they just waved him through.

No judgment here. You did what you had to to. In my state being almost 65 and high risk would get you a vaccine.
I am 56 and healthy but was vaccinated through my employer, a large hospital. They offered it to all employees, front line or not. I work from home! Needless to say, I was shocked when I got an invite. I even called, thinking something was off. Nope, myself and 15 of my coworkers all got vaccinated within that week. The press caught wind of the situation and my hospital took some heat. After that, no more folks that work from home were vaccinated. I would say I got lucky.

You are a determined, intelligent and very resourceful lady, and I think you did a marvelous thing for your own health!!!

Is there any way you can move out of AL? Something like this would be intolerable to me, and I KNOW they aren't vaccinating. You are being as truthful as can be.

I'm very glad you don't apparently have a large family to worry about AL delivering vaccines to them. ( I don't have a large family either).

Kali, I thought I would respond to you as a restaurant owner. Mr Pirate and I are fully vaccinated. We intend to begin visiting restaurants immediately. Michigan has a mask mandate and 50 percent occupancy and we are comfortable with it. I wish you well and wish I could come to your restaurant one day!

Hi: my husband and I live in Michigan- he is fully vaccinated and I will be on 3/24/ but I just don't feel comfortable going to a restaurant (even masked)- I wish I could feel comfortable because I miss going out for breakfast or dinner!!! enjoy --

I work in a large church office and our local hospital had a Pfizer drive-thru vaccine clinic at our Family Life Center yesterday. I was the first scheduled appointment at 8am. Got there at 6am to open the building for the hospital staff and was able to go to my office to wait/work until 8. Easy. They ended up doing 600 vaccines. What was really wild was that we had people coming from all over South Carolina, like two and three+ hours away, even others from North Carolina. I talked to several who said they were making the long drive because they wanted the Pfizer shot and their area was only doing Moderna.

I had slight discomfort at the injection site and a low grade fever last night. Was also really tired (still am actually) but I did get up before 5am yesterday to be there by 6. I am not a morning person and I'm dreading the time change tonight - ugh!

To be honest, I was nervous to get the shot, in part because of that news story mickey2942 posted (Utah lady who died), which I had read the night before. We'll host another clinic on April 7, and I'm already nervous about the second shot - I am such a scaredy cat! ;) It's the first vaccine of any kind I've had as an adult.

Like you, the Covid vaccine is the first vaccine of any kind I have had as an adult: I was really afraid to get it but obviously Covid is worse than any side effects from a vaccine. I had the first Moderna shot on 2/24 and am scheduled for the 2nd shot on 3/24- Like you, I am also a scardy cat and am anxious about potential side effects from the 2nd shot of Moderna. I am particularly nervous about getting dizzy: I already get attacks of vertigo from time to time and being dizzy is awful. Moderna is known to have more side effects than Phizer. Oh well, we shall see. As far as that 39 year old Utah woman who died within four days of her second shot, it does give one pause, but I look at statistics: It is such a rare event to have a fatal reaction to a vaccine- I mean, millions of people are getting vaccinated and they have not died. There are a few, but very few. Experts discussing those deaths say they cannot even say those deaths are related to the vaccine: they need to be honest: IMO most likely those deaths are related to the vaccine- just based on the time-line: person gets vaccine and within a few days they are dead. I like what Judge Judy has to say " don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining". The experts need to be honest- though it cannot be proven these few deaths are related to the vaccine, these events are most likely related. These are most likely idiosyncratic reactions, meaning something about that person's system reacted very very badly with the vaccine- resulting in death.

Thank you all for the support. I will return in three weeks for the second shot. It’s ok I will get to spend Easter with the family. As much as I would love to live in TN I still have family and roots in AL and for the most part love where I live.

I’m feeling good today, my arm is a little sore.

As far as that 39 year old Utah woman who died within four days of her second shot, it does give one pause, but I look at statistics: It is such a rare event to have a fatal reaction to a vaccine- I mean, millions of people are getting vaccinated and they have not died. There are a few, but very few. Experts discussing those deaths say they cannot even say those deaths are related to the vaccine: they need to be honest: IMO most likely those deaths are related to the vaccine- just based on the time-line: person gets vaccine and within a few days they are dead. I like what Judge Judy has to say " don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining". The experts need to be honest- though it cannot be proven these few deaths are related to the vaccine, these events are most likely related. These are most likely idiosyncratic reactions, meaning something about that person's system reacted very very badly with the vaccine- resulting in death.

RSBM for space.

I have a theory, which I know is iffy, and not meant to be medical practice but it just came to me when I was reading Kassidi's story ( the lady in Utah who died).

She was a surgical tech. in a plastic surgery facility.
She wasn't a nurse, or surgical techs. usually aren't nurses and just work during the procedure, not the patient instruction area.

She probably knew " You don't give Aspirin because it can cause surgical site bleeding and bruising" though. To the staff in a facility like she worked in, Aspirin is the enemy.
So, the other drug of choice for mild pain or fever or both is Acetaminophen.

Maybe, being a small-ish lady, she stocked up on Tylenol. I've wondered if maybe ( hypothetically only) she could have accidentally taken too much for her liver. I've seen way too many accidental deaths solely from meds containing Acetaminophen. This could happen if a person took a Tylenol- containing med. for body aches, then another brand name Acetaminophen med. for mild fever around the clock for a short time. The part about low urine output within the first 24 hours makes me think she was dehydrated at first, then accidentally put too much OTC med. load on her liver/ kidneys.

I may be WAY OFF, she may have had chronic hepatic disease that was occult, or a factor that was already stressing her body in some way, but in the absence of weird factors, I think it would not be hard to get into hepatic stress overload. If a person doesn't realize it's happening, they can't get the ( usually) lifesaving antidote in time.

For everyone, there is about an 8 hour window between taking too much Acetaminophen and getting the life-saving treatment of N-acetylcysteine ( usually a drug given in respiratory therapy).
Once that window has passed, the liver can't heal. A lobular emergency transplant from a living donor might help but it's iffy, of course as other organs are shutting down already.

Extra Strength Tylenol and the generics are 500 mg per dose. That's way too much to make sure you stay in the safe range. It's a critical measurement to observe the 325 mg. dose once you've seen a few people who were healthy just a day before, or 2 days usually, without a chance to escape a very painful death.
Please add up what you might be getting in all OTC cold/ flu meds. ( since it seems flu vaccines are being ignored a lot by some of you). You should not have over 325 mg. total in all pain and fever reducing OTC meds per 4-6 hours. No more than 900 mg. short term in 24 hours.

Even if the lady died of something else, maybe this will help someone not irreparably damage their liver accidentally during a period of illness. Hopefully, I do not need to say this, but do not consume any alcoholic beverages when taking medications. You're stressing liver and kidneys much more with alcohol added.

Also, if a person has had a day surgery and they are being sent home with " Tylenol with Codeine" or " Hydrocodone with Tylenol", please ask for only the main ingredient and not the Tylenol. We might not keep up with dosages extremely well when groggy, drowsy in the night but still in pain. Sure, it's possible to get too much Codeine or Hydrocodone, but it's actually the excess Tylenol or generic equivalent which is likely to harm. Make sure spouses know this as well, and the good guys will keep a memo of the running total for us. ;)

Whatever happens with the autopsy, a daughter is without her mother and a family grieves. I pray for them.

Please do not get fixated on the very rare things the media sometimes misreports. There was a story out for about an hour today about a boxer or other type fighter who had a vaccine and died. His family came right out and said " OH NO he didn't! He died from another cause, which we know and his doctors know, and stop saying this".

Lastly, I do not think Pfizer is safer than Moderna. I do not think Moderna is safer than Pfizer. I do think both of those are safer than Astra- Zeneca, though, if stored properly, and several US state governors or city mayors have refused J and J Jansson vaccine for their city or state.

We are mixing up the emotions and fear about COVID with the vaccine safety a lot of the time, IMO. The vaccines currently given in the USA do not contain live vaccine, so they cannot produce a COVID- type illness.
( J and J uses a weak modified gene line live virus, thus the controversy).

Sorry to be so long but I had a lot I wanted to say about safe self- medication. I'm surprised I haven't taken too much Tylenol, actually. We weren't that aware of the cell damage/ death until the combo drugs started becoming so prevalent.

God bless all to stay safe, and strong. Unafraid and looking ahead to wellness, one foot in front of the other with confidence.
My second Moderna vaccine is on the 24th too. I've had to go to my doctor, and got 2 meds containing steroids to try to live with the COVID- induced Asthma. I tried so hard to stay away from the corticosteroids, but my doctor and I chose lower doses and a nasal spray not absorbed systemically very much.

We will make it. :) We will survive, and thrive, and those who love us will go with us and keep us from being dizzy and help us breathe well, and take our water bottles with them. They will get us a wheelchair or other supportive chair from the staff if we need one, and they will stay with us and help us if we need it. NO one should drive if they feel sick or weak. Have your numbers ready in your phone and a support person to go with you if possible. If you can't get a ride home, tell your EMS services you can't safely drive home. People do it every hour of every day after an ER or clinic visit. I promise.

Last edited:
I was happy to learn that my sister (she's 65) registered for the vaccine at her local supermarket pharmacy. Vaccine appointments are really picking up in Michigan, so she shouldn't have to wait long to be contacted.

I had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Feb 2nd. My second dose is scheduled for April 27th. I'm 'clinically extremely vulnerable' due to taking medication that suppresses my immune system so I have had to shield for the best part of the last year. Not fun when you live alone and have nobody to help. Thankfully when it all started happening a year ago here in the UK the govt provided food packages, that was a very very strange time.

I'm 100% pro vaccine, it is our saving grace.

RSBM for space.

I have a theory, which I know is iffy, and not meant to be medical practice but it just came to me when I was reading Kassidi's story ( the lady in Utah who died).

She wasn't a nurse, or surgical techs. usually aren't nurses and just work during the procedure, not the patient instruction area.

She probably knew " You don't give Aspirin because it can cause surgical site bleeding and bruising" though. To the staff in a facility like she worked in, Aspirin is the enemy.

Maybe, being a small-ish lady, she stocked up on Tylenol. I've wondered if maybe ( hypothetically only) she could have accidentally taken too much for her liver. I've seen way too many accidental deaths solely from meds containing Acetaminophen. This could happen if a person took a Tylenol- containing med. for body aches, then another brand name Acetaminophen med. for mild fever around the clock for a short time. The part about low urine output within the first 24 hours makes me think she was dehydrated at first, then accidentally put too much OTC med. load on her liver/ kidneys.

I may be WAY OFF, she may have had chronic hepatic disease that was occult, or a factor that was already stressing her body in some way, but in the absence of weird factors, I think it would not be hard to get into hepatic stress overload. If a person doesn't realize it's happening, they can't get the ( usually) lifesaving antidote in time.

For everyone, there is about an 8 hour window between taking too much Acetaminophen and getting the life-saving treatment of N-acetylcysteine ( usually a drug given in respiratory therapy).
Once that window has passed, the liver can't heal. A lobular emergency transplant from a living donor might help but it's iffy, of course as other organs are shutting down already.

Extra Strength Tylenol and the generics are 500 mg per dose. That's way too much to make sure you stay in the safe range. It's a critical measurement to observe the 325 mg. dose once you've seen a few people who were healthy just a day before, or 2 days usually, without a chance to escape a very painful death.
Please add up what you might be getting in all OTC cold/ flu meds. ( since it seems flu vaccines are being ignored a lot by some of you). You should not have over 325 mg. total in all pain and fever reducing OTC meds per 4-6 hours. No more than 900 mg. short term in 24 hours.

Even if the lady died of something else, maybe this will help someone not irreparably damage their liver accidentally during a period of illness. Hopefully, I do not need to say this, but do not consume any alcoholic beverages when taking medications. You're stressing liver and kidneys much more with alcohol added.

Also, if a person has had a day surgery and they are being sent home with " Tylenol with Codeine" or " Hydrocodone with Tylenol", please ask for only the main ingredient and not the Tylenol. We might not keep up with dosages extremely well when groggy, drowsy in the night but still in pain. Sure, it's possible to get too much Codeine or Hydrocodone, but it's actually the excess Tylenol or generic equivalent which is likely to harm. Make sure spouses know this as well, and the good guys will keep a memo of the running total for us. ;)

Whatever happens with the autopsy, a daughter is without her mother and a family grieves. I pray for them.

Please do not get fixated on the very rare things the media sometimes misreports. There was a story out for about an hour today about a boxer or other type fighter who had a vaccine and died. His family came right out and said " OH NO he didn't! He died from another cause, which we know and his doctors know, and stop saying this".

Lastly, I do not think Pfizer is safer than Moderna. I do not think Moderna is safer than Pfizer. I do think both of those are safer than Astra- Zeneca, though, if stored properly, and several US state governors or city mayors have refused J and J Jansson vaccine for their city or state.

We are mixing up the emotions and fear about COVID with the vaccine safety a lot of the time, IMO. The vaccines currently given in the USA do not contain live vaccine, so they cannot produce a COVID- type illness.

Sorry to be so long but I had a lot I wanted to say about safe self- medication. I'm surprised I haven't taken too much Tylenol, actually. We weren't that aware of the cell damage/ death until the combo drugs started becoming so prevalent.

God bless all to stay safe, and strong. Unafraid and looking ahead to wellness, one foot in front of the other with confidence.
My second Moderna vaccine is on the 24th too. I've had to go to my doctor, and got 2 meds containing steroids to try to live with the COVID- induced Asthma. I tried so hard to stay away from the corticosteroids, but my doctor and I chose lower doses and a nasal spray not absorbed systemically very much.

We will make it. :) We will survive, and thrive, and those who love us will go with us and keep us from being dizzy and help us breathe well, and take our water bottles with them. They will get us a wheelchair or other supportive chair from the staff if we need one, and they will stay with us and help us if we need it. NO one should drive if they feel sick or weak. Have your numbers ready in your phone and a support person to go with you if possible. If you can't get a ride home, tell your EMS services you can't safely drive home. People do it every hour of every day after an ER or clinic visit. I promise.

Thank you for being such a caring person: that is good information.

RSBM for space.

Thanks for the reminder and info re: Tylenol. Last week when I was experiencing side effects of the second Moderna dose, my fever was getting high in the evening, and I wondered how high it was acceptable to let it get before taking something to reduce the fever. I didn't want to take anything so as not to interfere with the body's natural immune system response to the vaccine. But I also didn't want to let the fever get higher than would normally be recommended. So I called the 24/7 nursing line provided by my health plan, and spoke to a registered nurse. She suggested that I continue to drink liquids as I had been doing, and to take a 500 mg Tylenol for the pain and discomfort I was having with all the symptoms plus the fever. I wasn't worried about the pain, I would survive that, but after the call I decided not to take the Tylenol and to just keep monitoring the fever and hoped it wouldn't go as high as 103 degrees. Which it didn't. So after reading your post, I'm glad I avoided taking the Tylenol. I had forgotten how dangerous it can be to liver function.

Edited to add: Your theory is a good one about the Utah mom. I hope we know more after the autopsy results are available. Prayers for her daughter, parents and rest of family.

Last edited:
Yo-Yo Ma Plays Impromptu Concert at COVID Vaccine Clinic - Variety

Virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma brought the sound of hope to a COVID-19 vaccination clinic Saturday at Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, Mass. The musician, 65, was there to get his second jab along with his wife, Jill Hornor.

After he arrived carrying his cello, a nurse asked if he would be able to play for the other waiting patients during the 15-minute observation period that’s required when receiving the shot...

Virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma brought the sound of hope to a COVID-19 vaccination clinic Saturday at Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, Mass. The musician, 65, was there to get his second jab along with his wife, Jill Hornor.

After he arrived carrying his cello, a nurse asked if he would be able to play for the other waiting patients during the 15-minute observation period that’s required when receiving the shot...

That is awesome!!!!! what a lovely surprise for people !!!!

Oh, what a lovely and generous man. He was there to get his COVID vaccine, and stayed to play for those, like most people, are a little jumpy and edgy or not feeling their best.

I'd give $500 a ticket to hear Yo Yo Ma play, but some gifts of the heart are priceless.
I'm in tears for one man's generosity of spirit to his fellow clinic- goers.

Let's think of him and his music, and pull some of his solos out of our music caches when we are feeling worried or ill. I have already talked with " Alexa". He's playing now. Thank you for this so much!! :).

My daughter and I had the Johnson & Johnson on Friday here in Eugene. She is 16 and had bad flu symptoms in the middle of the night. Throwing up, severe chills and headache. I was very tired and had bad pain everywhere for a day. Took an epsom salt bath and feel much better today, It was a rough 24 hours but I would do it again.

Getting mine tomorrow at 9:45. I live alone, so will do a shout out to neighbors prior as we take care of each other. Yet all I have seen from folks here who had had... it's just work through it. Our bodies per Dr. Campbell can go for much time without food... and I will put Gatorade/Powerade right this minute by my bed for hydration. Aches/headache expected to be minimal as my first shot! I have no idea which one I'll be getting at the mass vaccination site, even though I have googled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa