Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy found Amy's phone number in the car and called it, asking if Amy knew where Casey was. When Amy said she was at Tone's, Cindy asked if she could pick Amy up and have Amy direct her to Tone's apt. Amy would have maybe 15 or 20 minutes waiting at the mall she was at, for Cindy to pick her up. She could easily have called Casey and tipped her off.

BUT, I'm not so sure Amy would have done anything to help Casey at that point in time. Amy had just learned a few hours before that Casey had stolen her checkbook and cleaned out her checking account. I just can't imagine Amy wanting to do anything to help Casey out of a jam.

Leila,

I've always read that Amy didn't know about the fraud until much later that night, when she returned home after the CA/KC pick-up at Tony's?

After KC said to AH, "I don't want to see you online later..."

I might be operating under an entirely wrong perception and time-line?

Was AH aware of the fraud before CA called her? Or before CA picked her up and went to TL's to confront KC?

I've never read that before and would like to revisit that if it was documented?

All of this time, my perception has been that AH checked her bank late, late on the 15th of July or very early on the 16th?

But, if KC knew her mother was coming-don't ya think she would have run. I know she didn't have a car to run with, but maybe she could have had TonE drop her off somewhere. But, then again, she had nowhere to go. I guess it was like she told LE-she had run out of options! :mad:

Hey, it wasn't often that she was called out on a lie before now, was it?

Usually, she wasn't pressed at all to back the BS up with verifiable details.

I don't think that KC would have been capable of leaving ORLANDO Florida. If she ever went anywhere, her BIGGEST trips were with mom and dad to Ohio (maybe) and her Uncle Rick's wedding (I think Myrtle Beach?)...That's it. I'm not sure that she had ever gotten on a plane...Certainly, she wasn't the worldly chic that many posters seem to think she was and I am starting to believe that not only was she lazy but she was also so *advertiser censored* backward in her development that the thought of leaving home was beyond her...even if it meant her ability to save herself! (She may have dreamed of California but I think that she lacked the courage/skills to even get herself there!)

MOO

ETA - I'm coming to the conclusion that the only reason she didn't find a way to arrange herself the trip to PR is that she was SCARED to leave!

You're right-I still can't believe CA never asked KC for emergency phone #'s and addresses. CA was supposed to be so invested in this baby and her growing up, making sure she wanted for nothing-plenty of clothes and tons of toys. But, you don't even question or think about where she is when she's not home?
You know CA is portrayed as a big, bad controlling B!-ch - But she couldn't have been that bad, cause KC and GA sure got away with alot of stuff!:bang:

You're right-I still can't believe CA never asked KC for emergency phone #'s and addresses. CA was supposed to be so invested in this baby and her growing up, making sure she wanted for nothing-plenty of clothes and tons of toys. But, you don't even question or think about where she is when she's not home?
You know CA is portrayed as a big, bad controlling B!-ch - But she couldn't have been that bad, cause KC and GA sure got away with alot of stuff!:bang:
Why do you think that you are left with the impression that CA took such care of Caylee?

Curious.

Her July 3rd lament? Anything else?

BINGO.

If there is a single thing I just can't relate to --> this is the one.

Neither did any of the other witnesses. KC doesn't have a shred of proof of the nanny, like pictures, receipts of payments, phone call records, or even a job in which she needed a nanny. KC doesn't even have an actual name, phone number, and address that corresponds to the so-called nanny. The nanny kidnapping story is KC's defense so I would think it is on them to have the evidence to prove it. They have nothing to back it up...they won't even have KC's testimony of the nanny. I can't imagine it will be hard to disprove that theory. That's why I think an insanity plea is coming. KC probably left all kinds of forensic evidence at the scene where she left Caylee. Couple that with everything else, it just makes the case against KC stronger.

True:
They do not have evidence of the existence of the nanny and as someone else posted above, the prosecution can say that the defense did not prove her existence. However, there is much more evidence that we know now like the back of our hands that the jury will never hear, which comes from the Anthony's. Everything they know and have said to LE and others, is highly important to the case. It has shaped our view of casey and will be instrumental in shaping the jury's view. So, I do think the prosecution's case will be alot harder without their testimony.

I don't think that KC would have been capable of leaving ORLANDO Florida. If she ever went anywhere, her BIGGEST trips were with mom and dad to Ohio (maybe) and her Uncle Rick's wedding (I think Myrtle Beach?)...That's it. I'm not sure that she had ever gotten on a plane...Certainly, she wasn't the worldly chic that many posters seem to think she was and I am starting to believe that not only was she lazy but she was also so *advertiser censored* backward in her development that the thought of leaving home was beyond her...even if it meant her ability to save herself! (She may have dreamed of California but I think that she lacked the courage/skills to even get herself there!)

MOO

ETA - I'm coming to the conclusion that the only reason she didn't find a way to arrange herself the trip to PR is that she was SCARED to leave!

I think that's why KC hates her mother so much-because she needs her and she hates her for that. CA wanted her and Caylee in the house-that's why she didn't push about the non-existent job. CA probably didn't want to be alone with just George there. Having Caylee there made up for being in a loveless marriage.
But, KC had every opportunity to become independent like her friends. She could have taken online classes or taken classes on campus at night. Where there is a will, there's a way! KC was just too lazy-and making up lies was too much fun. She enjoyed the lying and the stealing and the scamming-it was more fun than going to school!:mad:

I also think she thought she could buy herself a little time (remember the one more day thing) Cindy's constant texting that day could have prompted her to start deleting too. Tater, I just don't think she would run as another poster stated..and go where? I honestly believe that if she had been given that extra day, Cindy may not have ever made that 911 call and we would have never heard of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Ugh,my stomach just flip/flopped. I assumed since they were sworn statements they would come in.
What about KC's statements and lies? If she doesn't testify will they come in?

Normally, the defendant's statements come in regardless of whether they testify or not because such statements are not considered hearsay, as they are from a party to the case. However, a concern I have as a non-criminal attorney (hence, I don't know enough about crim law to answer it), is how they can get those statements in since there was no Miranda warning. I'm sure this has been discussed. What I know is that statements to LE can come in w/out Miranda, if they were given when the witness was not yet a suspect, or was not being "detained". In this case, they could say casey was not really yet a suspect in the murder of her daughter, but, rather, was merely a witness to her kidnapping. However, that theory goes out the window rather quickly due to the type of questioning and LE statements such as, "Caylee may not be how we remember her last", etc, that indicate they suspected Caylee was dead. As far as casey ebing detained, prosecution could argue that she was not under arrest and was free to go at any time. I still have concerns about her statements to LE coming in at trial. If someone with a crim law background could chime in here?

MOO

I so agree with you!

That is true they COULD plead the fifth. They def could if they are charged before hand. The LE is tying up their evidence now, I think if its strong enough, they will hold off on obstruction...if they need a possible family member to testify with immunity, they'll do that...

That being said, even if the A's plead the 5th on every question, the statements and video on them (ESPECIALLY GA GRAND JURY TESTIMONY) will be read into the record...discrepancy by discrepancy..and the 5th will prevent them from defending the statement.

NOTE: in all statements, LE is careful to say " The door is open..." that is based on custodial interrogation...their rights weren't violated, they were free to leave, no miranda necessary.

the jury will form an opinion of that rather quickly...either they're involved with her in the murder/coverup...or they know for a fact she murdered and covered up...either way, murder/coverup is a given...jurys wont accept a plea of the 5th as fear of persecution (NOTE: PERSECUTION..not prosecution as they will try to spin a 5th by saying its a police witch hunt)...

On a lighter note: can you imagine CA with dtape around her mouth on the stand, dying to talk, raising her hand, by having to say "5th amendment"??? That would be a torture worse than death for her.

To my knowledge, GJ testimony cannot come in, at all. It is confidential and highly secret. I could be wrong here, but that's my understanding. Also, NONE of their videotaped statements come in. As I saud before, it is ALL hearsay. Does not come in except to impeach IF they testify. What does come in is what they testified to at casey's bond hearing, which was not very helpful to the prosecution as they were trying to kiss casey's butt at that point and had begun circling the wagons already.

Leila,

I've always read that Amy didn't know about the fraud until much later that night, when she returned home after the CA/KC pick-up at Tony's?

Was AH aware of the fraud before CA called her? Or before CA picked her up and went to TL's to confront KC?

I've never read that before and would like to revisit that if it was documented?

All of this time, my perception has been that AH checked her bank late, late on the 15th of July or very early on the 16th?

Yep, you are right. Amy (and the guys) had just gotten in from PR when they went to the mall. Casey had to know that the check fraud would be discovered shortly after they got home, I do wonder what lie she had planned for when that discovery was made.

I'm sure the 911 calls will be admissable...a wealth of info there.
The 911 dispatcher's statements will come in because she is going to testify. casey's statements come in because as a party to the case, her statements are not considered hearsay. CA and LA's statements, even in a 911 call, are hearsay and should not come in unless they testify. Crim law people? A little guidance, please?

Why do you think that you are left with the impression that CA took such care of Caylee?

Curious.

Her July 3rd lament? Anything else?

I obviously don't think she took the kind of care of Caylee like a normal Grandma. I think there were only 2 things in CA's life that brought her happiness. Her job (according to her mother) and Caylee. I think GA and KC were just weights around her neck that she felt she had no choice but to accept and deal with.
The whole lot of em are a sad, sad bunch. I don't think any of them really like the other-but they are stuck with themselves because they are all they've got-they're family!! Caylee was the only brightness in that home-now that she's gone, CA's home is not a home - it's just a house!:mad:

But, if KC knew her mother was coming-don't ya think she would have run. I know she didn't have a car to run with, but maybe she could have had TonE drop her off somewhere. But, then again, she had nowhere to go. I guess it was like she told LE-she had run out of options! :mad:

I think if Casey knew for sure her mother was on her way to pick her up, she would have tried to buy some time by disappearing. She might have come up with some sort of excuse to have Tone take her some place right away, so she wouldn't be there when mom arrived.

Casey seemed to live for the moment - taking LE into Universal and leading them down a hallway to her office, only to get to the end of the hall and turn around and admit she had lied about working there. If she could have avoided having her mother come to Tone's and pick her up, I think she would have done something.

This leads me to think she wasn't tipped off by someone that her mom was on the way. I think she knew she was in trouble because of Cindy's text messages, but didn't think her mom would find her, at least not that night.

Leila,

I think in Amy's interview with LE, she said that she and Cindy talked about Casey's stealing while they were on their way to Tone's apt. Amy told Cindy about the stolen money/checks and Cindy told Amy that Casey had stolen from her grandmother and from herself.

Later that night (wee hours of the next day), when Lee returned with Casey's stuff from Tone's apt and spread it out on the driveway, Cindy went through Casey's things and pocketed $200 she found. We've discussed the likelihood that the money Cindy put in her pocket belonged to Amy, and that Cindy was aware of Casey's theft from Amy.

True:
They do not have evidence of the existence of the nanny and as someone else posted above, the prosecution can say that the defense did not prove her existence. However, there is much more evidence that we know now like the back of our hands that the jury will never hear, which comes from the Anthony's. Everything they know and have said to LE and others, is highly important to the case. It has shaped our view of casey and will be instrumental in shaping the jury's view. So, I do think the prosecution's case will be alot harder without their testimony.

Gitana.............in your professional opinion..........this case is so high profile, nationally, and all members of the Anthony family have had a high media presence...........won't it be very difficult to find a jurisdiction in Florida where the case isn't well known? I can't imagine being able to seat a jury that doesn't have some knowledge of the case, and has likely seen Cindy and George in interviews and their interaction with the media, which was often adversarial.

The controling "b!t$h" part is the emotional damage she inflicts. Calling her daughter a loser, telling her boyfriend "you don't want to marry her, she's a loser, she has no job, etc. They like to allow their loved ones to mess up, it gives them a chance to bittle them again.

MO

CA didn't think JG was good enough for KC or that he would be able to provide for them. She probably figured she would have another freeloader, a SIL, and he would leave KC with another baby or 2 before it was over. Just what CA needed, more babies to raise for her irresponsible daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK