Could This All Be a Set-Up By Casey?

I don't believe a "kidnapping" was set up by Casey. There is still the car. The detective said it smelled of human decomp...the gm said it, the dog indicated it and although in and of itself the smell is not enough, I do believe it is the biggest clue pointing to the truth in this case so far.

I'm sticking to my original theory that Caylee died accidently on Casey's watch and Casey held on to and eventually hid her little body. In Casey's warped mind- she didn't mean for it to happen, it's awful, it's sad, but it happened...Caylee's gone, nothing can change it and now it is all about looking out for CASEY. Sick and twisted, yes, but according to what we've learned about Casey...self-involvement is her strongest suit.

I am guessing Padilla would like to see her out of the jail and in the "safety" of home in the hopes that someone (possibly Lee) will get the truth out of her. I doubt she would crack, though...I think she's going to her grave with this one.

Even her OWN Mother said it smelled like a dead body!!
(I bet she now regrets saying that but thank she did, they can use it in court)
I have no faith left in these people, its been too whacky. The head games played betweeen Cindy and Casey, wow poor little Caylee stuck in the middle of those two. UGGGGG
If she goes home, she wont be able to avoid Lee, who I think is onto her:)
If she refuses the Bounty Hunters help, then i think we can know she is hiding something. FOR SURE.

I do think its so odd to not show much emotion over this. Even Susan Smith who knew where her poor children were got on television and cried over her supposedly kidnapped children. Casey as we know has done nothing close to that. But ofcourse she could be dodging even saying Caylee's name because she feels a lot of guilt and just can't go there in her head. No way to know what goes on in someones head.

<<As for the bounty hunter and bail bondsman ~ publicity.>>

I think you're absolutely right. I also think it's stupid on their part, too. Supposedly, they're getting their own show that's due to start soon and that's why they're drumming up publicity. But I think it could backfire on them. Casey Anthony is really not a very popular person at the moment and the public could very well turn on Mr. Niceguy for supporting her.

<<As for the bounty hunter and bail bondsman ~ publicity.>>

I think you're absolutely right. I also think it's stupid on their part, too. Supposedly, they're getting their own show that's due to start soon and that's why they're drumming up publicity. But I think it could backfire on them. Casey Anthony is really not a very popular person at the moment and the public could very well turn on Mr. Niceguy for supporting her.[/quote]

:clap: I know I won't be watching!

I wish it were the case, because it would mean that Caylee is alive.

However, I think this is just wishful thinking. Too many coincidences to prove that this is not the case.

I wish I could believe this was a set up by Casey, but like another post mentioned above, she would need alot of help to pull this off, and doesnt seem to have anyone close to her, beyond family who would help her do something that twisted....I do believe something happened to Caylee while she was with Casey, and Casey panicked when she couldnt reach her parents on the phone, that's where the lies and deception started---and the more I hear those 911 calls, the more I believe Cindy knew then that Caylee wasnt coming home....this whole thing is sickening, lying people, lawyers, bounty hunters, private investigators, and yet NO ONE can produce Caylee....Where is this missing little girl? Casey knows.

First post-I've been lurking for a while-starting with the Brooke Bennett case.

This same thing, regarding a setup by Casey, has crossed my mind at times. That someone has her and now is afraid to come forward because they are afraid that Casey will pin it on them and they will be charged with kidnapping. But that someone would need help from other people and it seems like sooner or later someone would come forward.

I don't know-I go back and forth. To me, this would be the best case scenario since it would mean Caylee is alive and most likely well cared for. This is the outcome I'm hoping for. The jaded side of me, however, says that too many of these cases end up with the worst case scenario.

There was a case here locally, exactly two years ago where some foster parents killed their foster child and then tried to say he went missing while in a park. The police knew from the beginning they were lying, but they did not have the evidence. They finally gave them enough time and enough rope to hang themselves and they did. A third person involved in the murder finally cracked. She was given immunity, which stinks, but we also would likely not know the truth if it wasn't for her. This case with Caylee, in so many ways, reminds me of that case. I hope eventually Casey has enough rope to figuratively hang herself. These people loved the press, much the way Cindy does. The police watched their public appearances very carefully to see what changed in their story, etc. It was all used as evidence against them eventually.

Informative post Inch High PI/ Welcome to WS..you'll be a great poster here!

xxxoooooo
mama

I just don't think it's a hoax. If you take in the 911 call, the smell of the car and the dogs it just dosn't work. I think Casey is out to save herself and the same for the GP's, they've already lost a gd why lose a daughter?

As for the bounty hunter and bail bondsman ~ publicity. Seems to me they're the only ones that thinks she innocent. I haven't heard of anyone else lining up to bail her out. And, really if the gp's thought she was innocent, why didn't they come up with the 10% to bail her out?

Blondie, As far as the bondsman and bounty hunter go I'm thinking that their statement that they think Casey is innocent was meant to be relayed to Casey. They're making themselves a friend in 'front"

IF Casey goes for this, maybe she'll make a slip!
Dang, we have no DNA..we have no idea what LE has, and if LE is willing to let her go than I say OKAY!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

IF Casey goes for this, maybe she'll make a slip!
Dang, we have no DNA..we have no idea what LE has, and if LE is willing to let her go than I say OKAY!

FWIW, people used this 'excuse' to explain why Casey's parents went public & said THEY believed Casey's crazy story about the (NON-EXISTENT) nanny..... 'oh they're just trying to show Casey that they'll support her no matter what & then she'll start telling the truth.'

Well we see Casey is sticking to her guns & staying with the ridiculous claim that she can't tell LE the truth because it's too dangerous to talk. (Oh yeah... Casey is a regular hero for keeping everyone so safe from her imaginary danger!)

The ONLY thing that's too dangerous in this sick game of hers is if Caylee's body is found & LE is still able to determine a cause of death. Casey's best chance at beating a homicide rap is if she can still convince at least one person on the jury that SHE'S also a victim of the scary Zenaida-phantom.

the thought of a hoax has crossed my mind, but that would mean she would have had to go to the trouble of getting a corpse or the like and she just isn't smart enough for all that. Hmmmmmm-- What was that movie with Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet..........?

I personally don't believe it was a joke that went too far. I understand that not a lot of this case makes much sense, but the price they will pay, if indeed it is a joke, is a high price. I think the lawyers would step in and say something. My head spins when I read about this case.

I'm torn both ways. For the most part, I think like everyone else I want to believe Caylee really is just being secreted away & is safe... looking through all the pics of her w/ her daughter she just seemed like a normal 'mom' & really in love w/ her baby.... even if she was a 'party girl'.... I guess the biggest issues I have trouble wrapping my head around is GM during initial 911 calls overheard in background during call transfer telling Casey that they'd get a court order & get custody of Caylee.... how when GM made the final 911 call [After George got home & walked in from his 1st day on new job] GM kept insisting to the operator how CASEY had been missing for a month & now they'd found her [& found the car] but couldn't find Caylee.... I think it's odd how initially EvErYoNe swore it was 6/09 [& then later after it was brought to GM attention when someone/? told LE Caylee was at senior home on 6/15] GM suddenly remembered & her date changed to 6/15... Casey's date of 6/09 never changed as far as we know[?] Still unclear on exactly when gas cans were brought BACK to GM/GP house [they say 6/23 or 6/24 but who really knows?!] Then there is the blog posting on GM myspace [MyCayleeIsMissing] dated 7/03.... Later, I think it's when GM does Greta On the Record interview, GM talks about how when Casey was brought home by LE approx 7am on 7/15 after Casey got out of the shower they got on myspace to send out mssgs about Caylee [admittidly because GM didn't know that much about using it]... Prior to hearing this tho I'd personally IMO felt the 7/03 blog was written by Casey & not GM simply by the way it was worded... felt more of an apology... the way the sentence structure flows from statement to example/experience [IMO] is more of a casey experience than a GM experience... Maybe she thought her mom would read/forgive.... GM initially stated they were in midst of figuring out when would be the best time for Casey & Caylee to leave the nest [which later changed per GM/GP to 'it was a day like any other day' & there were no problems]... So, if Casey really did write it & not GM then to me, a lot of things make a lot more sense - including inconsistensies in GM's interviews & testimony on Casey's work status & having a job vs 'no money no future', etc. I dunno... just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.... The whole thing is simply mind boggling.... just trying to think outta the box....

I have to agree it's been in the back of my mind too...ever since hearing that her lawyer Baez (when she was first arrested), wanted to show her some media clips and he thought she could use a laugh?!?!? And then her fascination with movies and certain actresses. I thought maybe she was doing her own little reality show...America Get's Punk'd or some other such junk.

I guess I just can't wrap my head around a mother and parents/grandparents, even their lawyer, being so cryptic and adamantly unwilling to help in solving where a precious 3 year old could be and is presumed dead?! It's so beyond sickening, it HAS to be a joke--especially given the 3-ring circus atmosphere with the addition of Larry Garrison and the bounty hunters?!

But, then I tell myself, if this DID turn out to be somebody's version of a sick and twisted joke, the fallout from all of the lawsuits for all of the resources that have been used and spent on this case thus far, would so not be worth it--the public--especially those who HAVE lost children Caylee's age--would be gunning for so many heads on a platter it would be ridiculous.
Great post! If the end result is Caylee being alive, then Casey can pay her dues and we'll all have to get over what she's done - easier said than done, I know, especially for those who have lost children and have had to go through their grief again with this case.

I don't believe in psychics for a minute and believe all of them are only in it for the money or publicity. They usually do more harm than good in an investigation.

IMHO.

I hate to tell you, but there are people out there who dont care about fame or fortune and just want Caylee found - most hopefully alive.

I believe Casey was in deep trouble with her parents. Cindy said on her my space and on the 911 tapes that she had stollen a lot of money and her car. When someone steals your credit card and runs it up, you are responsible for paying it back unless you press charges against the person who did it. This happend to someone I know that their daughter did something similar went on a trip and stole about $5000 pretending to me the mother from the parents account. She also had a daughter that was little at the time and they did not press charges because they did not want the daughter to be without her mother. I think the Anthonys were in a similar situation. There were reports they were behind on their mortgage, I bet on fathers day is when it all came to a head and she took off with Caylee. Maybe it did start as a hoax. Maybe she said if you put me in jail you wont get Caylee, I'll see to it. I don't know if she did her in or if she really has her stashed somewhere. Her parents still have not pressed charges for theft and so far, she only has a couple of other charges. If Caylee re-appears Casey won't be in much trouble, she has already served about 30 days she will probably get time served.

you must be from Cincinnati, I am from Fairfield followed that case myself
First post-I've been lurking for a while-starting with the Brooke Bennett case.

This same thing, regarding a setup by Casey, has crossed my mind at times. That someone has her and now is afraid to come forward because they are afraid that Casey will pin it on them and they will be charged with kidnapping. But that someone would need help from other people and it seems like sooner or later someone would come forward.

I don't know-I go back and forth. To me, this would be the best case scenario since it would mean Caylee is alive and most likely well cared for. This is the outcome I'm hoping for. The jaded side of me, however, says that too many of these cases end up with the worst case scenario.

There was a case here locally, exactly two years ago where some foster parents killed their foster child and then tried to say he went missing while in a park. The police knew from the beginning they were lying, but they did not have the evidence. They finally gave them enough time and enough rope to hang themselves and they did. A third person involved in the murder finally cracked. She was given immunity, which stinks, but we also would likely not know the truth if it wasn't for her. This case with Caylee, in so many ways, reminds me of that case. I hope eventually Casey has enough rope to figuratively hang herself. These people loved the press, much the way Cindy does. The police watched their public appearances very carefully to see what changed in their story, etc. It was all used as evidence against them eventually.

Interesting thread. I have wondered from the beginning about it being either some kind of hoax for publicity due to the behaviour of the grandparents. Something there is just not right. (personal assistants - did they ever get any?) and then the thought that Cindy seems quite controlling, could Casey have given Caylee away to get back at Cindy, thinking that she will sit in jail a while and they won't find a body so she'll go free? Although I know they do prosecute many without bodies.

Other things I wonder about - could meat in the car rotted resulting in a dead body smell? I know years ago we were away for 2 weeks, during which time our freezer somehow became unplugged. When we came home the smell was horrendous - what an absolute awful cleanup that was. Double masks had to be worn to clean out everything (we had most of a side of beef in addition to other meats in there) and the odor stayed - what got it out, BTW, was an entire bag of charcoal spread out on newspaper on the shelves, and the freezer staying off and closed for a long time - I wanna say the better part of a month. But the utility room where the freezer was - man, that took a long time to get the smell out there as well, I would get wiffs of it for a long time, it wasn't until a year later when new floor and new drywall was put up, etc that I quit smelling that.

Anyway, someone made the comment to us then, that it smelled like a corpse, I don't know if that is true or not, as I have thankfully never smelled a corpse. Does anyone know if rotting raw meat will smell like a corpse? What about cooked meat that would be left to spoil/rot? Not like a little meat on a pizza, but, like a burger or several burgers? Just curious, although it seems to me if Casey left meat she would have said so, or, she was really working on a hoax. I wondered before about dirty diapers, and someone said they wouldn't give a cadaver smell and then I think someone mentioned raw meat, but, I can't recall for sure. Then I was thinking about the spoiled meat in our freezer and have been meaning to post about this and ask if any one knew about this.

Just some random thoughts I had while reading this thread.

If any of these people have purposefully pulled this huge hoax on the whole country, they will definitely not be safe anywhere. Everyone you talk to has a concern for Caylee. If Casey doesn't ever choose to say what happened, I don't think the truth will ever come out.

I doubt that hightly, some new atrocity will happen and people will say Caysey Who?

We had a 2nd garage fridge that quit working, we usually only kept extra drinks in there so didn't think anything of it, this was July, about a week later I started smelling something and asked husband did you clean out that fridge he said yes, but guess what there was a whole Turkey in there that had thawed and was rotting. The smell was so awful either of us could open the door without gagging. Anyway I doubt it was raw meat in the trunk as Cindy did not mention she removed and rotten meat, however she did mention she removed and washed the pants. Plus Casey doesn't look like much of a grocery buyer, but in one beach photo I did see a pretty big cooler. A body could fit in there...just a theory.

I really think this is a possibility. She's 22. She had a baby before she got married. She's living at home. Mom and Dad are pretty demanding. She's been replaced as their little pumpkin by Caylee. She wants to be 22, to party, to date, to spend the night, but Mom and Dad are always treating her like she's a child, telling her what she has to do for Caylee. They try to control her life. They tell her when she has to be home. They criticize her all the time. They usurp her authority as a parent. They're supporting her financially. They never let her forget it. They nag her to get a job so much that she pretends to have one just to shut them up and get out of the house. She has to get drunk to spend much time with Dad. They bug her generally. Then, they even start threatening to take the baby away. So...one way or another...she does it for them. Still, if somebody kind, decent and friendly has Caylee, why haven't they just come forward. Why risk being hit by serious charges later on?

I've also wondered if real bio dad has her somewhere and isn't coming forward because he can't let anyone find out he's real bio dad.

Edited to add--Unfortunately, as many theories I come up with leading to the possibility that Caylee could be alive, I still end up with a who mom didn't report her baby missing for a month and then who still lied to her parents and the police, who can't say what happened or where she left her baby after sittting in jail for a month, who is known to lie and steal, who seems to be doing everything she can to interfere with the police efforts to find her child up until now. I keep asking what kind of mom would act like this. The only answer I keep coming back to is one who KNOWS what happened and is fully aware of where she left her baby but won't tell because she thinks that if she keeps her mouth shut people might not ever find out the truth, that she might not have to go to jail for what she did, and that someday she might even be able to forget it herself. With a mom like this, it's really hard to picture an OK Caylee. And I hope I'm wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back