Couple ask people to vote for whether they should abort their baby or not

I would say... choose life. Your mother did.

Last vote update as the poll has been closed. (thankfuly)

Should We Give Birth or Have an Abortion? ( Poll Closed )
Give Birth 22.37% (448,777 votes)

Have an Abortion 77.63% (1,557,586 votes)

They surely didnt think that the poll results would be what they turned out to be and for Alisha to lose her job.
Do you think this couple regrets starting the poll?

They surely didnt think that the poll results would be what they turned out to be and for Alisha to lose her job.

I wonder how many people voted to abort the pregnancy out of concern for the child should it be born to those parents?

Based on the poll of those two pregnant parents, I guess the world has 1/4 less people in the population than might have been if abortion wasn't legalized, so those oddballs in Europe who want population control are getting what they want. It's more and more unpopular to speak out if a person is against abortion, but I don't recall very many ever speaking out. I've read polls that say many church goers have abortions, so preachers aren't even speaking out much. Bigots and racists raise heck about so many black women being single moms, but I've heard it's also because the majority of them do not believe in abortion like many others which results in many unwed pregnancies. So, instead of being a support and wanting help for women many conservatives are actually wanting to drag a whole group of women down to be like them. It's all so stupid IMO.

I think readers are on to the hoax and are voting for abortion merely to call the bluff of the couple in question. So I don't think those numbers tell use anything about how many women choose abortions. To my knowledge, every woman in my extended family is pro-choice, yet as far as I know, not a single one has had an abortion. Most pro-choice women never do.

I hope you were kidding when suggesting that those who favor population control (European or not) are "oddballs." Or if they are, then that's precisely the problem. Population control is the key to solving all sorts of problems from global warming to meeting demands for water to many wars. (That doesn't mean I favor doctors chasing women through the countryside to perform forced sterilizations, as India once tried, just that we need to limit the number of human beings on the planet.)

I hope so. But I'm sure they'll rationalize their action as "provoking debate."

I think it discusting and careless to start a debate that would raise emotions, cause potental outrage. This rage and anger rather it was intended to or not could cause increased potental for violence against clinic patients and workers. For what? To raise awareness? To bring the discussion forward?

What about the people that said hurtful things to each other during the "fake debate" did they sit back and laugh at the pain the possiably have caused others? I have never had to make a choice as difficult as the one they were pretending to make. I respect that some people might find themselves in the position of wondering what to do and my heart goes out to them.

I am so frustrated..seriously trying not to scream here. What if people offered them money "to keep the baby"? They could have been cashing in! All the above is respectfully IMOO.

I wonder how many people voted to abort the pregnancy out of concern for the child should it be born to those parents?
That was exactly my thought!;)
uvamerica said:
:banghead: who ever these 2 pple are, they need their heads examined.. I believe they are 2 publicity hounds(anything for attention) I hope this baby is born and then directly given to a loving family. These 2 should be sterilized pronto! Because in my mind they are 2:loser::loser:

I have an idea for a new poll: When this child is born, should State step in and take it, because these parents are too stupid to even have a child?

According to her N0v 24 blog, she claims this vote is NOT a hoax,,regardless of what was said on CNN...

http://www.birthornot.com/

"Recently we were quoted by CNN as admitting that terminating the pregnancy was never on the table. This is simply not true. My husband may wish that that was the case, but our early disagreement about this pregnancy is what lead us to start the website in the first place....'

According to her N0v 24 blog, she claims this vote is NOT a hoax,,regardless of what was said on CNN...

http://www.birthornot.com/

"Recently we were quoted by CNN as admitting that terminating the pregnancy was never on the table. This is simply not true. My husband may wish that that was the case, but our early disagreement about this pregnancy is what lead us to start the website in the first place....'

Except that the website was started (at least the name) months before the pregnancy.

I have an idea for a new poll: When this child is born, should State step in and take it, because these parents are too stupid to even have a child?

I'd like to add one too, I vote they give me a call when the baby is born. I'd love to have another one! :smile:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back