Court Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors have numerous ways to charge first-degree murder. In this case they can either establish that the shooting was premeditated (as in the first 12 counts) or that he acted with "extreme indifference to the value of human life," (as in the last 12 counts).

This also applies to the attempted first-degree murder charges.

Zelinger said Holmes was more composed today than during last Monday's hearing when he appeared bleary-eyed and distracted.

"Nothing really compared to what we saw last week. He was almost like a different person," Zelinger said.

The article has much more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31316200/detail.html

abc_james_holmes_ll_120730_wg.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holm...es-aurora-colo/story?id=16885850#.UBbTPGFfE9A

Moo is that the shooter has absolutely zero, not even a sliver of a chance of wrangling his way out of the consequences before him.. His MI will not matter as far as "helping him" in a legal sense.. His only choice to attempt a way out is the insanity defense and I believe that is one thing that ALL OF US, HERE AGREE ON THAT WHILE HE MAY INDEED BE MI HE HOWEVER IS NO WAY IN HELL LEGALLY INSANE..

Matters not to me whether he is put to death by the state or whether he spends every brutally long day of the entire rest of his natural life encaged(<-sorry I think I just made up that word..lol) inside a maximum security prison and will die there..

For me it matters not(tho I must say that a large part of me believes that the entirety of natural life spent in prison a lot of times IMO seems to be the much more hellacious of the two..).. Either way he will NOT in any way, shape, or form be able to wiggle, wrangle, nor even give an Oscar worthy performance that will allow this monster to "get away with it"(ie.institutionalized vs incarcerated in prison/death penalty)

(p.s. to clarify I wasn't under the impression that he was possibly going "Scott-free".. That's never been my opinion.. I personally am relieved seeing it laid out in black and white exactly what this individuals entirety of his natural life will be spent doing(incarcerated or death)

A conviction under extreme indifference means that any life sentences would have to be served consecutively, not concurrently, said Craig Silverman, a former chief deputy district attorney in Denver.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...th-murder-attempted-murder-from-colo-rampage/

To me it is clear that he is done, and will never be free again. Regardless to the proceedings.

I would eventually like to know how he can be in a school of that kind,
and fall between the cracks?

First of all let say I know this will never happen. It is my pipedream.
Everyone knows JH. did this. People saw him and can identify him without a doubt. He has no remorse, he is dumb like a fox. IMO. it is time the law everywhere stopped molly coodling these cold blooded killers. He should be charged and convicted by a Judge, taken out back and shot. Save the State of Colorado a load of money States dont have now. He is worthless. Save the victims families who are the hurt from listening to "oh he's sick". He is evil. Maybe others would think twice before they went for their 15 min.. and a worthless life paid for. I'm sorry. I have no sympathy for someone who does
these things. We have a 17 yr.old in Chardon being tried for a massacre, they want the D.P.. all IMO. please dont hate me!.:moo:

Honestly, either way you slice it, he most likely won't be executed if he gets the DP so I'm just gonna cast my vote for giving him LWOP

Yes, if he goes on trial in Co even if he were to get DP they would take so long to carry it out it will never happen. Unless he is tried in federal court.
But it doesn't appear they are planning to try him in federal court.

Yes, if he goes on trial in Co even if he were to get DP they would take so long to carry it out it will never happen. Unless he is tried in federal court.
But it doesn't appear they are planning to try him in federal court.

Does it just take this long in CO particularly? I know I've heard of people being on death row for over ten years. Are you saying he would die of natural causes before being executed by state? Just looking for clarification as this is new to me. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have honestly always viewed LWOP as much worse than the DP. I'd rather go to sleep peacefully than spend the rest of my life in prison.

Just wondering why they dont want JH to be medically checked first before they release the charges? Cat Scan , brain imaging perhaps? Not saying he is insane or sane but it will save a lot of time if they can start the medical and mental check up soon IMO..

Just wondering why they dont want JH to be medically checked first before they release the charges? Cat Scan , brain imaging perhaps? Not saying he is insane or sane but it will save a lot of time if they can start the medical and mental check up soon IMO..

This is terrible but I don't think it should matter. You kill that many people, you should be locked up for life. Period.

This is terrible but I don't think it should matter. You kill that many people, you should be locked up for life. Period.

Dont worry, JH is not going anywhere. He is done just like what the others said too and regardless of the coutcome of this case but it will be smart to be prepared rather than to know this at the middle of the trial.

99.5% the defense will use Insanity Plea. Prosecution might as well start testing medically IMO...

I am wondering if he is on suicide watch.. Does anyone know? I just have a feeling he will try to kill himself at some point.

AURORA, Colo. — A mother whose daughter was among the 12 killed in the Aurora shooting on July 20 is expected to sue the movie theater where the attack occurred, according to a report.

This is the second reported lawsuit that has come about in the wake of the tragedy. Torrence Brown, Jr., who was uninjured but in the theater that Holmes attacked, is suing the movie theater along with Warner Bros. and Holmes’ doctors.

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/30/report-mother-of-aurora-tragedy-victim-will-sue-theater/

I have honestly always viewed LWOP as much worse than the DP. I'd rather go to sleep peacefully than spend the rest of my life in prison.

i agree with this. if they kill him, he gets off too easy if u ask me.

It takes a long time to get a full diagnosis on MI
They should not have to wait a long time to charge him.
I think the charges have to come in within a certain amount of days from the arrest time.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member