Cousin Arrested in Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrested and held for questioning..
(I think they said this guy was not a POI)
A car was seized, however LE would not comment on it.
A SO was arrested for curfew violations, so that part is true too, but not linked to Haleigh..
I think this is just bad reporting myself.

Agree...

I'm not sure how reliable this source is, or if they put today's date in as the date they posted the info. to what may not be current or accurate.

We'll wait awhile and if nothing else is reported I'll close this thread.

Um,I just turned on HLN and I think Ron is not the father of those octo babies,think the film got switched.LOL I know he has alot of kids,but not that many.

I saw that...no presser today according to HLN. And saying again cousin is not suspect. IDK.

Hmm, I wonder if we could get a response from this organization on who their sources are and which county they are referring to.

I posted this in the cousin thread but didn't want it to get lost in such a long thread.

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/02/23/missing-five-year-old-taken-by-pedophile-family-acquaintance/

Florida (ChattahBox) – The family of missing five-year-old Haleigh Cummings have said that they are terrified that she may have been taken by the cousin of her father’s girlfriend, a convicted pedophile.

The man, whose name has not been released, is currently being questioned about the incident. Family says that he was visiting at the time of the disappearance.

“What we’ve been told is that he’s a sexual pedophile,” Teresa Neves, who is the missing girl’s grandmother, said. “I couldn’t tell you anything about him.”

The man was arrested by police and held for questioning, after an anonymous tip came in from a line in Tennessee, where the cousin is from. It said that a man was in a diner, with a child who looked like Haleigh, and that as they left he was trying to ’shield her from view’.

Police admit that a sexual predator is in custody, and that a car was apprehended in the arrest, but they have given no further details.

The family have publicly pleaded for the safe return of the young girl.

“I want to say to my baby, we love you sweetheart, and we will find you,” Neves said at an emotional press conference.

Haleigh had been asleep in her room when she vanished without a trace.

I'm CONFUSED! I thought LE said the cousin was not a suspect? I thought the SO that was arrested was a local SO. I'm totally confuzzled.

This would indicate the vehicle was in Putnam County and not Knoxville:

Knoxville police said they didn't locate the car but turned the information over to Florida authorities on the case, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

Putnam County investigators said they impounded a car in the case, but they wouldn't give a description of the vehicle, the station reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html

I wonder if the cousin was on probation and leaving the state warranted an arrest for probation violation?

Detectives are still "not excluding anybody" as a suspect in the girl's disappearance, Hardy said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html (Bolded by me)

This will be their stance until they have an arrest, imo. They DO have a POI/POIs in mind for this or else they are quickly running this into a cold case. If they have missed the first piece to this puzzle and not found the right path to go...they are going to hit dead end after dead end. Let's hope this is not the case.

IMO, this cousin could be the one who took Haleigh. I'm holding out hope she is still alive, as unlikely as it is. This all fits with what I thought might have happened to her, and hopefully she is going to be found now. I can barely stand to read about this case, it makes me so sick to think about what has probably happened to her.
Lanie

Lanie I think they are referring to Joe O. in that article. He has been said not to be a POI, I think that was said by LE.

LE used to say 'suspect', then they changed it to 'person of interest', and now they are very reluctant to even use that term. It's all about being PC, and doesn't mean very much to me. I would have sworn when I first read this article, it said this cousin had also been taken into custody, but now it says he is being questioned. I must have misread.
Lanie

Okay so what kind of car was dude Joe driving in fl? Can anyone in the family answer that?
hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil.

It really isn't about being PC. It is a matter of when you name a person as a suspect, their rights kick in. A POI usually lawyers up and then the case becomes more complex for LE. So far, no one has lawyered up that we know of...but I suspect it won't be long before this happens.

FWIW, if LE thought Haleigh was alive & in TN, IMHO, they would not methodically change the status of the cousin to POI, etc. and draw attention to the situation. If the cousin weren't accounted for 24x7 they would be tailing him 24x7 and looking for an opportunity for Haleigh to be left alone and/or in the care of another person (perhaps also SO) to prevent an alive Haleigh from being (a) murdered and disposed, or (b) whisked away to another location. LE waiting & watching. Opportunity to get it right only comes once....then, search warrant, etc. swiftly.

:waitasec: I am lost. I thought they said that Joe O.(Misty's Cousin) was cleared? I also though I had heard one of the reporters last week on the JVM or NG show that said the car that was taken into custody was a RAV4, Red. But I have looked everywhere and not one article states the car that was taken into evidence. So all the SO have been cleared except for CR? But at the same time LE states that nobody is cleared? So confused..:confused:

JVM http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/19/ijvm.01.html

February 19, 2009

I also thought ASHLEIGH BANFIELD, ANCHOR OF "IN SESSION": said the claim that Ron had a fight reportedly came from his own family members who alleged that Ron accused this other guy of stealing a gun and then the man disappeared and the next day, the gun was found in a ditch. That family member didn't`t suggest it was a cousin. Just suggested that it was a person, they couldn't`t remember anything, they didn't`t even know where it had happened. They did say that the gun was retrieved. She also mentioned the red RAV but it is not in the transcripts?? Which I find odd. Could this other person be a SO? Someone connected to drugs?

Sheriff Says Girlfriend's Cousin Joe O. Not Suspect: Croslin's cousin was in Satsuma the night Haleigh vanished and then went back to Tennessee. Eyewitness News has confirmed that a woman called 911 in Knoxville, Tennessee a few days ago to report a possible Haleigh sighting. The woman told police she saw a man shielding a little girl's face who looked like Haleigh while getting into an SUV.http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1872&catid=295

Sexual Predator Timothy Loucakis Not Linked To Haleigh: http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html

Car Taken Into Custody In Haleigh Case: http://www.wftv.com/news/18748531/detail.html
It was processed by FDLE," said Dominick Pape of the FDLE. "At this point in time, we don't want to give out any more information in reference to that vehicle."

Detectives were tight-lipped when it came to giving detailed information on clues and tips that they're getting. They said releasing specifics could jeopardize the investigation.

Detectives were tight-lipped when it came to giving detailed information on clues and tips that they're getting. They said releasing specifics could jeopardize the investigation.

they way LE postures sure makes me hopeful they can find her alive (snipped by me)

I'm not sure how reliable this source is, or if they put today's date in as the date they posted the info. to what may not be current or accurate.

We'll wait awhile and if nothing else is reported I'll close this thread.
****BUMP***​
If anyone has confirmation on this being fact, let me know and I'll reopen this thread.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie