*Crime-related TV shows to watch TODAY!*

Watching it now: it is riveting!!!!
Surely on my to watch rerun list. This was just crazy and I recently read something about the “pirate people” and the “furry” folks but never thought I’d see them in a true crime story.
This was bizarre like the Dateline about those guys over in West NC who were kidnapping bank employees and making them rob the banks they worked at.

This Dateline about the murder of Annie Hester is a mind bending one if anybody on the West Coast wants to catch it. I searched for a thread about this. What a cast of characters.

I watched this last night- Wow- riveting, but I feel that justice was not quite done--- because ex-husband got hardly any punishment at all---- This was certainly not a who done it, but rather a demonstration of how the pieces of the puzzle came together to nail the perp ( ex-husband's wife was the murderer). You wonder how they ever solved cases in the past without DNA and CCTV cameras!!!

I watched this last night- Wow- riveting, but I feel that justice was not quite done--- because ex-husband got hardly any punishment at all---- This was certainly not a who done it, but rather a demonstration of how the pieces of the puzzle came together to nail the perp ( ex-husband's wife was the murderer). You wonder how they ever solved cases in the past without DNA and CCTV cameras!!!

My favorite is the guy who now has “police interrogation PTSD” and I hope he gets a nice settlement just for creativeness. Those folks could find ways to make a dollar, that’s for sure.

I was flipping thru and seen something called “Hometown Horror” I think it was and figured it was True Crime enough but after a bit I figured out it’s a ghost hunting show. I’m not into the supernatural or such so I didn’t hang around.

The “Cold Justice” marathon on Oxygen tonight looks good. I’ve been impressed with that lady for years because she is a nightmare to murderers. I like the show itself for the angle they take.

I’ve become a fan of “Reasonable Doubt” too.

Has anybody got into this 911 Crisis Center show on oxygen? I just seen the guy handle a potential suicide call with a new mother and it was impressive. The “attack turkey” and UFO calls lighten it up some.

Lifetime's original movie, The Gabby Petito Story, premieres tonight (Saturday) at 8:00 Eastern. Watch a preview and get details here: Watch The Gabby Petito Story | Lifetime

The 48 hours episode that’s On ID now is the Jamie Faith case. We have a thread here about the case and as it was happening, somebody texted the killer about the discussion.

It’s been slim pickings on tv over the holidays but I’m interested to see this upcoming “Florisbama” show that Ox is promoting. HLN has moved to “west wing” marathons for some reason.

"True Crime" film lineup tonight (Monday, January 9) on Turner Classic Movies:

I Want To Live!
8:00 - 10:15p
Susan Hayward Simon Oakland Virginia Vincent
(1958) Convicted of murder, drug-addicted shill and prostitute Barbara Graham (Susan Hayward) lands on death row.

The Boston Strangler
10:15p - 12:30a
Tony Curtis Henry Fonda George Kennedy
(1968) A criminologist (Henry Fonda) and a detective (George Kennedy) lead the 1960s manhunt for killer rapist Albert DeSalvo (Tony Curtis).

In Cold Blood
12:30 - 3:00a
Robert Blake Scott Wilson John Forsythe
(1967) Two ex-convicts (Robert Blake, Scott Wilson) are tried for the savage killing of a farm family in 1959 Kansas.

Bonnie and Clyde
3:00 - 5:00a
Warren Beatty Faye Dunaway Michael J. Pollard
(1967) Acclaimed account of the gun-toting bank robbers and the trail of terror they blazed through the Southwest in the '30s.

"True Crime" film lineup tonight (Monday, January 9) on Turner Classic Movies:

I Want To Live!
8:00 - 10:15p
Susan Hayward Simon Oakland Virginia Vincent
(1958) Convicted of murder, drug-addicted shill and prostitute Barbara Graham (Susan Hayward) lands on death row.

The Boston Strangler
10:15p - 12:30a
Tony Curtis Henry Fonda George Kennedy
(1968) A criminologist (Henry Fonda) and a detective (George Kennedy) lead the 1960s manhunt for killer rapist Albert DeSalvo (Tony Curtis).

In Cold Blood
12:30 - 3:00a
Robert Blake Scott Wilson John Forsythe
(1967) Two ex-convicts (Robert Blake, Scott Wilson) are tried for the savage killing of a farm family in 1959 Kansas.

Bonnie and Clyde
3:00 - 5:00a
Warren Beatty Faye Dunaway Michael J. Pollard
(1967) Acclaimed account of the gun-toting bank robbers and the trail of terror they blazed through the Southwest in the '30s.
Thanks for the info--I think I saw Bonnie and Clyde 3 times when it came out!!!

Thanks for the info--I think I saw Bonnie and Clyde 3 times when it came out!!!

I did watch I want to Live with Susan Hayward--
I could not figure out if Barbara Graham committed the crime that sent her to the gas chamber
It seemed to me the police were on her-- some of it seemed like harrassment
If that crime happened today I dont think she would have gotten the death penalty
Susan Hayward was great in that role for which she won an oscar

This show was a BIG wakeup call for me. I'll never travel around the US again without thinking about stories these truckers tell

Tonight (Saturday) on Lifetime:

How to Murder Your Husband: The Nancy Brophy Story
8:00 - 10:13p
Cybill Shepherd Steve Guttenberg Stephen Tolkin
(2023)Author Nancy Crampton-Brophy often writes stories about female protagonists who fantasize about killing their own husbands. In a shocking and ironic turn of events, Brophy faces accusations of doing the same thing in real life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back