Crime scene information

newkid said:
I don't know what part of the house it was, but it looks like a front porch type area.
It sure does. I don't think it can be the front porch because the door was at the top of the stairs to the right, and there was a good deal of additional space to the left of the front door.

We know that there was a side entrance to the house, and we've speculated that there might have been a back porch or deck, (seen in the Memorial video where Janet is feeding the dogs). So I'm wondering if this is the side entrance of the house?

JerseyGirl said:
We know that there was a side entrance to the house, and we've speculated that there might have been a back porch or deck, (seen in the Memorial video where Janet is feeding the dogs). So I'm wondering if this is the side entrance of the house?
I don't think it's the side door unless the landlord changed some things. Here's NCBankers picture of the side door http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Golfmom/snap0010.jpg

Here's the picture NCBanker took of the front of the house.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Golfmom/snap0007.jpg

Maybe the video is somehow inverted in the news story? Or maybe it is a view of the back. It would be a little different to put a team flag in the back though. The colors of the house and trim are different, I guess the landlord could have painted, but the style is different too. The front of the house in the picture NCBanker took appears to be straight, but in the news story, the stairs go up to an inset porch or patio. Hmm, I wonder if the house in the news story is a different house? I can't think straight tonight.

How long has it been since Janet was murdered? You would think that if LE has any evidence that connects Raven to the murder he would have been arrested by now.

I wonder how many of the people Raven and Janet knew were aware that he was going to a soccer game and she was staying at home with the baby?
I wonder if some guy that they knew thought he would stop by and visit with Janet...maybe had some idea about getting to friendly and she didn't go for it.

She must have opened the door to someone unless the door was left unlocked when Raven left. If she answered the door to someone why would she end up in the bedroom unless she ran there trying to escape the person?
I can't see Janet inviting some male into her bedroom...not from what I've read about her anyway.

She was pregnant? I didn't remember that. Kind of reminds me of Lianna White and her creepy husband...deep in financial trouble and another baby on the way...only Janet's baby was only 6 mo's old wasn't he? I'm thinking babysitter fees doubled, another person to feed and clothe, hospital and doctor bills...makes me wonder. Don't know how strong their marriage was but if there were problems and she left it would mean lots of child support for 18 yrs. This is really a puzzle. I hope someone isn't going to get away with murder.

JerseyGirl said:
Here's a link to a video about the e-mails that LE is looking into. When you watch the video, pause it at the spot where you see the blue UNC Tarheels flag hanging from the porch. Can anyone tell me what part of the house that is?

Durham Murder Probe Turns To E-Mail Messages

(from this page: WRAL.com - News - Autopsy: Durham Mother Found Dead In Home Was Pregnant )

Also, look at the shots of the street - it doesn't seem like things are as far away from each other as I originally thought.
.......to me, judging by the porch railings and foliage in both the video shot, and NCB's front door shot, ( swiped from newkid's post)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...om/snap0007.jpg

it's the same front door.......only now the shutters and doors have been painted blue instead of the previous maroon....NCB and the cameraman appear to have taken the shot from different angles.

Bobbisangel said:
How long has it been since Janet was murdered? You would think that if LE has any evidence that connects Raven to the murder he would have been arrested by now.

I wonder how many of the people Raven and Janet knew were aware that he was going to a soccer game and she was staying at home with the baby?
I wonder if some guy that they knew thought he would stop by and visit with Janet...maybe had some idea about getting to friendly and she didn't go for it.

She must have opened the door to someone unless the door was left unlocked when Raven left. If she answered the door to someone why would she end up in the bedroom unless she ran there trying to escape the person?
I can't see Janet inviting some male into her bedroom...not from what I've read about her anyway.

She was pregnant? I didn't remember that. Kind of reminds me of Lianna White and her creepy husband...deep in financial trouble and another baby on the way...only Janet's baby was only 6 mo's old wasn't he? I'm thinking babysitter fees doubled, another person to feed and clothe, hospital and doctor bills...makes me wonder. Don't know how strong their marriage was but if there were problems and she left it would mean lots of child support for 18 yrs. This is really a puzzle. I hope someone isn't going to get away with murder.
.......in less than a week, on aug.26th, it will be 4 months since the murder, which really isn't that long of a timeframe, given what we now know about how backed up the state crime lab is in dealing with and processing evidence..

...it was due to the release of the autopsy recently that LE revealed that janet was pregnant, and now they're pouring over the email accounts....

...a certain someone, ( and IMO , it wasn't a stranger who dropped by) is NOT going to get away with murder.......LE appears to be on the case big-time right now, getting all of their little pieces of evidence to the DA who will in turn present a very clear BIG picture..

...we do want them to have it all together, all of the i's dotted, t's crossed, after all they only get one shot at a murder conviction.....

lauriej said:
.......to me, judging by the porch railings and foliage in both the video shot, and NCB's front door shot, ( swiped from newkid's post)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...om/snap0007.jpg

it's the same front door.......only now the shutters and doors have been painted blue instead of the previous maroon....NCB and the cameraman appear to have taken the shot from different angles.

IMO, the house shown in that video footage, is NOT the house at 2606 Ferrand. We've seen on various pictures and video (memorial video) every door to that house - the front, the side, and on the video, even the back door (in a video sequence where Janet is feeding the dogs on the deck)... and the house in the WRAL video is not that house. The door is none that we have seen. And further, the Ferrand house is blue (the siding itself) with dark red shutters. It was blue when NCB took pix, and is still blue.

My guess is - the WRAL footage is a montage of footage just from the neighborhood itself... perhaps just showing other houses in the neighborhood. Or, perhaps they simply messed up and showed video of the wrong house.

JMO, for sure, but I'm 100% certain that the house shown, with the UNC flag, is NOT 2606 Ferrand.

newkid said:
Hmm, I wonder if the house in the news story is a different house? I can't think straight tonight.
That's what I've thought too. The only way it isn't, IMO, is if there's a fourth entrance on the North side of the house - on the wall opposite the side entrance that we've learned they used to enter and exit. That side of the house would also have to have been painted different colors so I suppose it is just neighborhood footage - maybe wanted to get the UNC flag in there for the local touch in the footage.

Bobbisangel said:
As it turns out, the "bedroom" where Janet was found was actually set up like an office.

And there is a way where Janet would not have had to allow her murderer in the house - and that is if he let himself in without signs of breaking & entering because he didn't NEED to break and enter to get in.

But I am interested in looking at this from a different angle. In any situation, the murderer either got in with a key, through an unlocked opening, or broke in without leaving evidence of such.

JerseyGirl said:
I suppose it is just neighborhood footage - maybe wanted to get the UNC flag in there for the local touch in the footage.
I think you're right on this. They never actually said it was the house when they showed it in the video.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back