Crime Scene Photos #3 ***WARNING - GRAPHIC DISCUSSION***

I'm almost certain Vinnie Politan said they lined the teeth up from the skull to Caylee's teeth in the photo. IMO it had to be her skull if the teeth matched. I could be wrong...

No, you're corrct, gngr-snap. They used little Caylee's skull deliberately so that the anatomical features would match up with the picture of a known and live Caylee. In fact, you can see why they chose the photo they did--full on facial shot that is perfect for demonstrating what they needed to show.

A generic skull would have been useless in a demonstration of the sort (and probably not allowed in evidence), since each of us have anatomical differences, esp children as they're still growing. To show that a single-width piece of tape could easily cover both the nose and the mouth apetures of that sweet little baby, unfortunately her remains were required. :(

Hope this goes here. After this last guy from the mapping place showing the 3-D fly over of the area I am shocked at how close she was to the road. I was there at the scene not long after it was released and all the memorial items were started. It was hard to tell where anything had been, I had thought it was farther in. Wow, at seeing it was not far at all. I have been back a few months ago and it looks similar to how it would have been before it was all cleared out. Thick dense vegetation.

GA would not have placed her so close to the road no way. ICA on the other hand just wanted to be rid of her and tossed her at the nearest spot.

Main Stream Media.

See also our handy list of abbreviations/acronyms [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132555"]here.[/ame]

I looked at the Orlando Sentinel's website crime scene photos before I came over to Websleuth's tonight to find which thread was discussing them.

All I can say is I'm surprised that the photo of Caylee's face superimposed on her skull with the duct tape from what appears to be from the video simulation shown in court on Friday is published on the Orlando Sentinel's website because it does appear that the outlines of Caylee's skull including the orbital sockets and part of the nasal hole is visible in the photo. Nevertheless, the photo does give the public some idea of what the forensic anthropologist Michael Warren was talking about when he was on the witness stand. I'm not sure how that photo would have or could have been pixilated to disguise the skull outline.

I am surprised also that some of the autopsy photos showing the leg bones were released to the public as well. I guess one of the photos shows the leg bone that was used to get the bone marrow that was used for DNA testing that Dr G. testified was used to identify that the body was Caylee.

I'm quoting my own message in this thread as I did see a portion of the pixilated video animation that was shown in court that was shown on the WFTV Casey on Trial 6/11/2011 weekly recap, http://www.wftv.com/video/28206913/index.html and go to about the 5:56 mark. The video gives the public a better idea of what the jury and the people in court saw. The skull was superimposed on the picture of Caylee and not the other way around as I thought from the still photo. And then the duct tape was superimposed on top of that. The video gives a better picture in my mind of Warren's testimony.

I am reviewing all the crime scene photos and recalling testimony. Was Caylee put in a black plastic bag, then put yet into another bag (the cream color laundry bag?) and then that Laundry bag carried to the wooded area. That was a big laundry bag? OR was she "and" the Disney and Laundry bag possibly placed all inside the big black plastic?

When found I understand she was scattered about, but I thought they said they found remains in the "bags" like bones were in each bag?

Not a nice image ... I tell you...

This is just my opinion, I think she was in the plastic bags first, then the laundry bag. The laundry bag had handles on it and would make for much easier carrying. I am sure over time animals drug parts out of the bag but some were left inside.

This is really disturbing to write, the one person testifying said the first things to come off were her head, arms and lower legs. The torso and upper legs were all found together in a different location from the bags. At one point Rk said the skull fell out of the bag maybe on his first time there in Aug. When found in Dec. the person said the skull was in muck up to the nose area. It had clearly been out of the bag awhile. Or I am not remembering RK's story.

I am reviewing all the crime scene photos and recalling testimony. Was Caylee put in a black plastic bag, then put yet into another bag (the cream color laundry bag?) and then that Laundry bag carried to the wooded area. That was a big laundry bag? OR was she "and" the Disney and Laundry bag possibly placed all inside the big black plastic?

When found I understand she was scattered about, but I thought they said they found remains in the "bags" like bones were in each bag?

Not a nice image ... I tell you...

Yes it is a huge laundry bag, my ex had the exact same one. Stunned me when i first saw it in his bathroom cause i recognized it immediately.o

I am only curious to know if in the early days of the investigation when the remains were found and we were all guessing as to if this or that was the skull if any of us got it right. Does anyone know?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6673582#post6673582"]Updated discussion rules about the unpixelated photographs.[/ame]

This is just my opinion, I think she was in the plastic bags first, then the laundry bag. The laundry bag had handles on it and would make for much easier carrying. I am sure over time animals drug parts out of the bag but some were left inside.

This is really disturbing to write, the one person testifying said the first things to come off were her head, arms and lower legs. The torso and upper legs were all found together in a different location from the bags. At one point Rk said the skull fell out of the bag maybe on his first time there in Aug. When found in Dec. the person said the skull was in muck up to the nose area. It had clearly been out of the bag awhile. Or I am not remembering RK's story.

OMG my head hurts and I cry for Caylee reading this and having listened to all of the testimony. ICA is one extremely cold, ice cold murderer. I now view her as a different evil that sends chills up and down my spine. :confused:

I am only curious to know if in the early days of the investigation when the remains were found and we were all guessing as to if this or that was the skull if any of us got it right. Does anyone know?

Anyone who thought they were seeing a skull in those crime scene photos was wrong.

abc is posting unpixilating too with this stated below:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/slideshow/casey-anthony-trial-evidence-photos-13724467

An image projected on a courtroom monitor shows a photo entered into evidence in the Casey Anthony trial at the Orange County Courthouse on Friday, June 10, 2011. (EDITOR'S NOTE: The court offers no objection to the distribution of this unaltered evidence photo.) (Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel)

I was shocked personally, cause I wasn't expecting it mostly. I worry this will turn into a big deal though.

I just viewed her hair mat.Jesus!I had no idea there was that much hair found.

My mind is blown.

Note* ..it was not on wesh where I saw it.

I've heard this a few times now that the undigitized photo of her hair has been shown. I haven't seen this at any of the news sites. Is it posted in media somewhere?

I'm almost certain Vinnie Politan said they lined the teeth up from the skull to Caylee's teeth in the photo. IMO it had to be her skull if the teeth matched. I could be wrong...

Only her molars were still attached to the skull. All but one were found around the surrounding area. One incisor was not recovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coloradoloser
Back