CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Doctoral student in Pharmacology who arrived with an arm full of papers (research)...was she working on her dissertation? Did she teach? Can't imagine her being trite enough for tricks...could she pull the fire alarm as a cry for help? If teaching, did she have students who resented her? Or in competition for her research? Hope they find this lovely young woman.

A Doctoral student in Pharmacology who arrived with an arm full of papers (research)...was she working on her dissertation? Did she teach? Can't imagine her being trite enough for tricks...could she pull the fire alarm as a cry for help? If teaching, did she have students who resented her? Or in competition for her research? Hope they find this lovely young woman.
-----------------------------------

She did teach. She did research. She was working on her PhD.

I am having a hard time thinking she left the building by normal means due to the video cameras that were mentioned in a post upstream..

This was a controlled access lab facility.. there had to be plenty~o~ cameras.

Either she (moo):

1) left on her own purposfully avoiding the cameras
2) went down the fire escape/stairs durinig the fire drill (most likely cameras not pointed at this sort of entrance/exit)... because she was lured with the fire drill ~or~ she went that way to avoid camera detection
3) has not left the building (does everyone remember that case where the woman... and sorry I cannot recall her name at the moment....was lured in to an unused floor, killed and stuffed in the air duct)

I wonder if all the maintenance people/other students and faculty in the building that day have been questioned?

Yes. I kept up with her case because she lived about a block away from me. Eridania was her first name. She was in the air duct for several days before they found her and they had searched the building extensively with dogs and police. I think it is very possible she could be in the building. I guess the 'good' news about that is she will be found due to reasons I don't think I have to mention.

Several sources have said she left her belongings in her 'office' and left to go to the other building. If she had her own office I don't think it is that weird for her to leave her things especially if she was running a quick errand. I leave my purse, cell, wallet, etc in my office when I run out to get something to grab lunch or whatever. I will just put some money in my pocket. That is only if I know I am only going to be gone for a short amount of time.

While at the University of Rochester, she did a summer project at the National Institutes of Health on bone tissue engineering with a goal of regenerating tissue for people suffering from degenerative bone diseases. She said her career goal was to work as an NIH investigator or as a professor
http://wokv.com/common/ap/2009/09/10/D9AKMB480.html

This does NOT sound like a woman who would up and run off... and leave everything she has worked so hard for

-----------------------------------

She did teach. She did research. She was working on her PhD.

I didn't know if she had a class or not so early in the year. LE need to question her students. If she did research only for her dissertation, than they need to see what other PHD students were doing similar research - lots of jealousy in that circle.

I am having a hard time thinking she left the building by normal means due to the video cameras that were mentioned in a post upstream..

This was a controlled access lab facility.. there had to be plenty~o~ cameras.

Either she (moo):

1) left on her own purposfully avoiding the cameras
2) went down the fire escape/stairs durinig the fire drill (most likely cameras not pointed at this sort of entrance/exit)... because she was lured with the fire drill ~or~ she went that way to avoid camera detection
3) has not left the building (does everyone remember that case where the woman... and sorry I cannot recall her name at the moment....was lured in to an unused floor, killed and stuffed in the air duct)

I wonder if all the maintenance people/other students and faculty in the building that day have been questioned?

My first thought upon hearing of the false alarm was that an attacker had created the diversion in order to quickly exit the building, (possibly with a body), after the halls were cleared. A container such as a large dufflebag, suitcase or even a rolling trash container could have concealed her small body. If they didn't want to be observed carrying a large container, I suppose it could be lowered out of a ground-floor window, maybe behind a bush, and retrieved by the perp after he exits the building empty handed.

Another explanation would be someone exiting the building in a hurry through a fire exit; accidentally triggering the alarm.

Ooo...what if the perp, (if there is a perp) is actually someone you would expect to see respond to a fire alarm, such as campus police, faculty member, or other employee? Quite a few possibilities!

The article she wrote for the campus paper featured some seriously bad crime stats for the Yale community. Makes me wonder if the campus police are not very well supervised or trained. Makes me wonder if the Cheif might have cought some flack as a result of her reporting...wonder what his background info looks like...? Anyone know?

Susan

The Daily News mentioned Le's roommate reported her missing when she failed to return home Tuesday evening:

'"Le's roommate in New Haven reported her missing when she didn't come home Tuesday, police said.'

Obviously a thorough investigation into her social circle is important, but something struck me as a bit odd when I read the roommate notified authorities of Le's disappearance. I understand a roommate would be the first to notice a deviation in someone's pattern of living, but it seems like the roommate (she or he) would know the most about Annie's daily routine since Le's family is in California and her fiance a 3 hour train ride away in New York. That being said, I'd be interested to know what information specifically the police are able to get from her statement.

Though Yale administrators have said Le's fiance is "not a worry" to the investigation, I still checked out the couple's marriage web page.

I'm not too familiar with online marriage announcements but their page seemed pretty low-fi. No pictures, anything. It was pretty sparse and they were only registered at Macy's. That doesn't sound very romantic. That's like registering at Kohl's, isn't it?

So though the fiance may not be culpable, perhaps the austere nature of their wedding announcement reflects a less than fervent desire for the marriage. That could introduce the element of a runaway bride scenario with another lover, a la Anu Solanki, a young South Asian American girl who vanished in Illinois two years ago only to be found days later on the road with a previous boyfriend.

I know Le and her fiance have been together since their undergraduate days in Rochester (class of 2007), but the idea of willful absconding is far more appealing that duffel bags and fire alarm diversions. Unfortunately, both could be equally likely.

My first thought upon hearing of the false alarm was that an attacker had created the diversion in order to quickly exit the building, (possibly with a body), after the halls were cleared. A container such as a large dufflebag, suitcase or even a rolling trash container could have concealed her small body. If they didn't want to be observed carrying a large container, I suppose it could be lowered out of a ground-floor window, maybe behind a bush, and retrieved by the perp after he exits the building empty handed.

Another explanation would be someone exiting the building in a hurry through a fire exit; accidentally triggering the alarm.

Ooo...what if the perp, (if there is a perp) is actually someone you would expect to see respond to a fire alarm, such as campus police, faculty member, or other employee? Quite a few possibilities!

The article she wrote for the campus paper featured some seriously bad crime stats for the Yale community. Makes me wonder if the campus police are not very well supervised or trained. Makes me wonder if the Cheif might have cought some flack as a result of her reporting...wonder what his background info looks like...? Anyone know?

Susan
TGIRecovered said

"The article she wrote for the campus paper featured some seriously bad crime stats for the Yale community. Makes me wonder if the campus police are not very well supervised or trained. Makes me wonder if the Cheif might have cought some flack as a result of her reporting...wonder what his background info looks like...? Anyone know?"

I think that's an interesting thought, but might be too dramatic. I don't think we can assume an overwhelming conspiracy involving the university, the local police chief and the fourth estate. But that would make a great read for an airplane.

TGI: I too, think that the fire alarm is a curious coincidence. I wonder, too, if it were not a distraction.

O/T: Wikisleuth-- Since I see you have only just joined and posted to this thread, I have to ask:are you are local or connected to this case? Are you connected with Wiki? You seem to have local info.

TGI's idea, while alternative, is what we do here---think out of the box. I would not dare to classify anyones ideas as dramatic (airline reading, hmpf), as we have seen some of the most outrageous and unusual situations possible in the cases posted on websleuths. TGI is a respected member of this group, and should be respected as such, so please do not be condescending to them. Any and all ideas are welcome here, as long as they do not personally attack or slander others. Also please link your sources too when quoting news sources. Thanks! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500