CT CT - Barbara Hamburg, 48, Madison, 3 Mar 2010

Anyone hear when the CT Supreme Court is making this decision? As far as I can tell by these PDFs, 2 briefs (one from each side) and a reply dated May 17, 2022 (from the Madison Police Department) have been filed. Is there now to be a reply needed from Niemeyer before the court will rule? If so why the almost year wait in filing that reply with the Supreme Court?

Edited: Argued/No Decision is listed as of 10/19/22 on CT Supreme Court site

Last edited:
Anything new in this case? Just watched and am very interested. Hope Madison gets some answers soon.

Anyone hear when the CT Supreme Court is making this decision? As far as I can tell by these PDFs, 2 briefs (one from each side) and a reply dated May 17, 2022 (from the Madison Police Department) have been filed. Is there now to be a reply needed from Niemeyer before the court will rule? If so why the almost year wait in filing that reply with the Supreme Court?

Edited: Argued/No Decision is listed as of 10/19/22 on CT Supreme Court site

see attached below from the court website - the most recent entry dated 10/6/2023

Its over a year since the case was argued but it seems this is saying they have added two new judges to the review?
I am obvi not a lawyer and wonder the delay??

Attachments

• Barbara Madison court doc 10 2023.pdf
    65 KB · Views: 0
From Oct 25, 2022, so after the listed filings on record, New Haven Register wrote a good article. One thing that just makes me crazy with this case...BBM

After 12 years of having a "prime suspect" nothing has moved forward within the police investigation. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get their hands on ALL the film shot in making the documentary. I mean their prime suspect must be one of the people in it, right?

"Police never made an arrest in the case, though Floyd Dugas, the attorney representing the department in the records dispute, told the court Wednesday the agency long has had a prime suspect."

From Oct 25, 2022, so after the listed filings on record, New Haven Register wrote a good article. One thing that just makes me crazy with this case...BBM

After 12 years of having a "prime suspect" nothing has moved forward within the police investigation. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get their hands on ALL the film shot in making the documentary. I mean their prime suspect must be one of the people in it, right?

"Police never made an arrest in the case, though Floyd Dugas, the attorney representing the department in the records dispute, told the court Wednesday the agency long has had a prime suspect."

Thanks for posting the article as a reminder.
It really is time to release the records.
JMO

There was one other article with Attorney Dugas quote.

"Dugas argued that that there had been significant headway made on the investigation, warranting the police to withhold documents from Niemeyer.

"The point is that they have identified the suspect and there was testimony," he said."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back